View Poll Results: Which alternative is preferred?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defenders Cannot Be Unreachable (DCU)

8 34.78%
  • Attackers Win When Defenders Are Unreachable (AW)

6 26.09%
  • No Rule Change

9 39.13%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP Rules - Structures of Defense

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default PvP Rules - Structures of Defense

Hello again,

It seems as if this question has been brought up again, bringing even more conflict and interpretation of the current rules.

The question is whether structures defended by a kingdom, in battle, can be made unreachable by the attackers (the defenders are not possible to reach without use of ladders, placing and/or destroying blocks), or if there will be any consequences for building such a defense.

Without further ado, the alternatives, as suggested in the discussion thread, are:

No construction of unreachable defenses
    Players may not construct defensive structures that are entirely unreachable by the attackers. The attackers must be able to get to the defenders and engage them in close combat. Griefing is still not permitted, but if the attackers find themselves opposed by inpenetrable defenses, they may bring the case up in the forums.

Attackers win when the defenders are unreachable
    If the defenders are unreachable upon inspection per the definition provided, the attackers have won and will be credited with an offensive victory.

No rule change
    As per current rules, the attackers may not grief and/or disturb the defensive structure.

Notes

- Placing resources within unattainable areas (for raiders) could still be considered legitimate with either alternative 1) or 2). Resources are at the moment fully spawnable and can thus not be considered objects of value.

You shall have to excuse the writer of this OP for the lack of structure resembling anything from previous OPs; time restraints played a considerable part.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Doyle141's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: PvP Rules - Structures of Defense

No rule change

Too many bloody rules :/

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Doylεr View Post
    No rule change

this

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

doyle,so its ok if you attack and the defenders just build a huge tower so you cant kill them and then shoot down at you?thats the stupidest reason to vote against a rule,ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    doyle,so its ok if you attack and the defenders just build a huge tower so you cant kill them and then shoot down at you?thats the stupidest reason to vote against a rule,ever.
    it's called a ladder, ever heard of it?

its called griefing according to aanker,ever talked to him?

its called griefing according to aanker,ever talked to him?
    So what your saying is I can ban you for griefing the citadel?

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Doylεr View Post
    No rule change

Unfortunately few of you seem to abide to them. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't find it very fun coming to a battle, just to see a bunch of dudes standing atop giant one-block towers, shooting arrows down at the attackers. That's the most retarded thing ever.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Unfortunately few of you seem to abide to them. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't find it very fun coming to a battle, just to see a bunch of dudes standing atop giant one-block towers, shooting arrows down at the attackers. That's the most retarded thing ever.
    you could always shoot back at them, or use ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by crossjon View Post
    you could always shoot back at them, or use ladders.
    again aanker considers that griefing,really that the only reason this poll was created.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Would arrows even reach the top? Regardless, it's stupid and gamey - are you so afraid of the Allies that you must hide atop a tower?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

again aanker considers that griefing,really that the only reason this poll was created.
    oh then, /ban nhytgbvfeco2

@kats: I never did that, nor did my allies, that I know of. If they did, i'd kill them myself.

they might reach the top but defender can just hide and regenerate,and since rules allow spawning arrows in mid combat that can go on forever.
    jon,i never said i agreed with aanker,it was an argument of everyone but him saying you can use ladders

Ladders are not griefing, they are entirely legitamate means of attack.

I said no rule change. The AW just seems a bit dumb tbh, as it is just a useless statement from what I can tell, but I can live with it if people really need that.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Tuor's Avatar Senator

I voted in favor of no construction of unreachable defenses. If you're going to opt-in to pvp, make it worthwhile. Make yourself and your base fair game. The reason I did not vote for the attackers winning when said defenders are unattackable is because I foresee that becoming something defenders can wiggle out of in the future. "You didn't win! We left our impenetrable defenses right after you started to walk off! We were the actual winners here." -- I don't want things like that to happen, so I see it as best that we prevent it by making structures raidable and attackable without griefing -- always.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Placing the ladders isn't griefing, it's more like 'disturbing'. I was not happy to see 20 ladder pieces or so (let alone blocks placed by the enemy) cluttering the walls of the plaza, but seeing as there is so much disagreement on this, I decided not to make a case about it.

Now, I am awfully worried that alternative one will be misinterpreted as griefing of structures being allowed.
    Last edited by Aanker; January 06, 2011 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

I think the argument 'too many rules already' is invalid. Here we are attempting to propose clarification on an issue and not to really punish anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    Placing the ladders isn't griefing, it's more like 'disturbing' (in the rules, this is called 'building on top of another player's building'). I was not happy to see 20 ladder pieces or so (let alone blocks placed by the enemy) cluttering the walls of the plaza, but seeing as there is so much disagreement on this, I decided not to make a case about it.

Now, I am awfully worried that alternative one will be misinterpreted as griefing of structures being allowed.
    I'm not sure if I wrote this before, but spamming ladders without purpose can be considered a breach of the golden rules. Ladders used only where absoultely necesary, and without excess should be allowed, and out of courtesy perhaps removed. But seeing as there haven't been any serious ladder complaints ( i think), its really not an important matter atm.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

No rule change, as long as ladders are allowed.

@Katsumoto, arrows have a maximum range of 50 blocks if you fire it at a 40 degree angle and 15 straight.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Are ladders allowed? That was use to me, but that means that the case of the ladders in erthit is also allowed, correct. Cause the attack by ladder in erthir was a good way, but ill think this will backfire on someone soon enough. And people will oinly scale walls and such using ladders. So i voted no unreachable structures

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast