Thread: Unattackable structures? allowed?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Unattackable structures? allowed?

Should there be allowed to make structures within pvp which are unreachable, and still being used by the defendant. Like making a unreachablke one block tower, and stand and fire from it. The attackers can then do nothing, and must just watch. Or should there be added a rule which states that:
    -No structures built by a pvper may be unreachablke by attackers, if the defendant intends to use said structures.
    - If there is no way to reach the defenders, the attackers have won a victory.
    -no change
    Will open this for discussion for a day and start a poll tomorrow
    Last edited by Makrell; January 03, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Re: Unattackable structures? allowed?

I'd propose this, in order to avoid interpretable situations where griefing may be allowed:

Because, in all honesty, the sole purpose of the attack is to gain a victory, and if that goal is achieved simply by having the defenders lock themselves up in a 5x5x5 cobblestone house, the attackers may enjoy the only spoils of war that there currently are on the server - victory and glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I think if a structure is made mid-battle the opponents should be allowed to destroy it. Also, one block towers which dudes fire from are also completely unfair.

EDIT: Or what Aanker said.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Should there be allowed to make structures within pvp which are unreachable, and still being used by the defendant. Like making a unreachablke one block tower, and stand and fire from it. The attackers can then do nothing, and must just watch. Or should there be added a rule which states that:
    No structures built by a pvper may be unreachablke by attackers, if the defendant intends to use said structures.
    Will open this for discussion for a day and start a poll tomorrow
    you can always use ladders, that's allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I'd propose this, in order to avoid interpretable situations where griefing may be allowed:

Because, in all honesty, the sole purpose of the attack is to gain a victory, and if that goal is achieved simply by having the defenders lock themselves up in a 5x5x5 cobblestone house, the attackers may enjoy the only spoils of war that there currently are on the server - victory and glory.
    That could be ok, then we for sure won todays victory as croossjon was in an unreachable structure Will add this to poll options
    Quote Originally Posted by crossjon View Post
    you can always use ladders, that's allowed.
    Is it, when did we vote in that

That could be ok, then we for sure won todays victory as croossjon was in an unreachable structure Will add this to poll options
    because the stupid lava wouldn't stop, i stopped it like 5 mins before I logged of, trying to attack you. and
    Stop relying on technicalities to avoid punishment, and to punish your enemies.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

no its not, but if you are referring to my tower, there is an entrance, several of them, they are just hidden, like any god entrance to a large fort

Is it, when did we vote in that
    it's technicaly a form of griefing, but we let you use it today, so we should've won today if we followed the rules.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

-nvm-

because the stupid lava wouldn't stop, i stopped it like 5 mins before I logged of, trying to attack you. and Quote:
    Wait what i dont understand anything?

because the stupid lava wouldn't stop, i stopped it like 5 mins before I logged of, trying to attack you. and Quote:
    Wait what i dont understand anything?
    sorry about the bad grammar, what i was trying to say was: because the stupid lava wouldn't stop. I stopped it like 5 mins before I logged off, but it wouldn't stop. I was trying to go attack you with my sword, because that does more damage.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

If you don't mind, I think that we should take this to poll before people's feelings deteriorate further.

Furthermore, I am sorry (and apologize) for any comments that I left in the Minecraft chat that could have been interpreted as aggressive. It was not my intent, but I was captured by a zeal and the excitement of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

sure,i thought you were joking most of the time aanker

Quote Originally Posted by crossjon View Post
    sorry about the bad grammar, what i was trying to say was: because the stupid lava wouldn't stop. I stopped it like 5 mins before I logged off, but it wouldn't stop. I was trying to go attack you with my sword, because that does more damage.
    I see, but it was stopped when i reached the top after nhy killed you, it was however stopped in a way that was blocking the stairs So the balcony still lakced access

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post

I seek glory and loot.