Thread: EDB organizer

Default EDB organizer

Hi all,

Personally I hate it if the syntax of a file is not as it should be, so I made a simple tool which fixes this for the EDB:

Before:
    Attachment 131074

After:
    Attachment 131075

Its use is rather simple:

1. Select the EDB you want to fix.
    2. The tool will create a backup called "export_descr_buildings_BACKUP.txt".
    3. The tool will fix the selected EDB in a couple of seconds.

DOWNLOAD v1.0

Default Re: EDB organizer

Is there something that it does different compared to the 'prettified' version of the EDB HoH's EDB validator can generate? I don't mean to rain on your parade, mind you, just curious.

I guess not

(didn't know it could do that )

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

The 'Generate prettified EDB' button in the EDB validator was something I added mostly for my own convenience and as a debugging tool, to make sure everything got parsed correctly. Because of that, there are some limitations to what it generates. Namely, it strips out all comments and plugins definitions. So, if keeping those is important to you, you'd want to use Pat's tool instead.

Plus, the 'Generate prettified EDB' is only available if EDB doesn't contain any errors to start with. If you're starting with a really messy EDB with a lot of errors, you wouldn't be able to access it.
    Last edited by HouseOfHam; January 04, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

First point is valid, having all the comments removed would be annoying. As for the second point, well, if you have an error-ridden EDB, making it pretty is the least of your concerns.

Any chance you two gents could 'merge' and provide a prettification function in EDB Validator that will preserve all the comments (align them with the line directly below them)?

Unfortunately they're in a different language... (HoH's tool is in Java, mine in AutoIt3)

But nothing prevents you from using this one prior to the validator or vice versa... The only EDB error this tool crashes on is if you have more closing "}" brackets than opening "{" brackets (telling you the line of the floating "}").

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

What can I view the treea and units models with ?

I'm afraid I fail to see the link with my EDB organizer