Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation 1.5.1 RELEASED!!!

Default Re: English Translation 1.4.1

question: Is minifix needed with 1.41 translation??
    I noted that in faction selection windows weakness , strenghtness name of factions are still in Russian. In 1.4 they were in English
    Now every message and surname is in Cyrillic.
    Last edited by Ettore53; January 09, 2011 at 05:01 AM.

Foederatus

Well, somehow some parts are still in russian for me. i dont think i messed up installing the translation because i have an english description of the vc ghosts.

i can't down it. so sad

Speaking of Ghosts, mine are called "Unlocalized Placement Text".

No idea if it's translation's fault, but many factions have switched their speeches. North Empire factions have Arab voices, the same with Elves. Orcs got english voices which before this belonged to High Elves. Khorne has french voice, lol.

A fix? I loved "AWAY WITH YOU, INFIDEL", but only if it was done by Orcs...

Just give me a moment and I'll look what is going on.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Clicking "show settlement details" for the Beastmen Temple just below Averheim causes CTD.
    Have tried it 3 times with no love in two ways:
    1. "Merging" the new text file with the old one which leaves some Russian text files in there
    AND
    2. Removing the old text file completely and having ONLY the files in which i just downloaded as 1.4.1 translation.

Any help would be appreciated. Oh and log and savegame below. (on 2shared.com).

http://www.2shared.com/document/mjLA...systemlog.html
    http://www.2shared.com/file/S4RpR3I6/Averheim.html

(Please note the Averheim save is my cheat version for testing, nothing worse than starting a campaign and finding out that there's a game ending bug hiding in it.)

By the by i'm just wondering if you're more interested in typos or actual bugs at this stage? I have a "nack" for finding typos and i've clocked a few but i didn't know whether to waste your time with them?

Cheers in advance,
    Tom.

Ettore53 - minifix is not needed with 1.4.1 translation. It has in it (it's the descr_strat.txt in "imperial_campaign" folder. Without it the campaign simply won't start. It's got sth to do with the English names. Remember guys/girls this game is primarily for Russian speakers only and the changes made during the translation process may/may not (depending on what is being translated) make the game somewhat unstable. It's simply unevoidable)

Ridcully - if you can post some screenshots or give at least some description.

optsfire - my post #2 is updated. You can download it from there if you have problems downloading it from filefront. And everyone else that might have similar problems you can easily download the translation from there.

PawBoon - try redownloading the translation and extracting it into the game.

Painis_Cupcake - no, it's not our fault. Believe, I would love if someone would implement the voices from Dark Omen or Mark of Chaos.

TheLastHeretic - like I've written to Ettore53. Such errors may or may not happen. Yesterday when testing I had few CTD while playing custom battles with the same units. After a while I could use them and play few battles and I didn't change a thing in the files. So, we simply must live with those CTD.

OK, people you now have the possibility to play this fantastic mod in English (I hope most of you can without those pesky CTDs) so...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Grand Admiral Thrawn; January 09, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Thanks for the hard work put in beregond and Thrawn.

Well I tried the 1.41 translation with the menu fix. and that left mostly everything un-translated...
    Then I read your last post that said that fix is no longer needed, so I copied the 1.41 translation back on top to overright the fix files. everything was translated as it should be, but when I tried to start a campaign I got CTD. I'm too tired to mess around anymore, I will try to solve this tomorrow i guess.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

trollface, please, lets be gentlemen, shall we?

sorry, guys, have no possibility and time to work on feedback and CTD checking now, hope GAT will kindly do it

probably won't be online much next week, cheers everybody

Painis_Cupcake - no, it's not our fault. Believe, I would love if someone would implement the voices from Dark Omen or Mark of Chaos.
    It's not about that, I just want to have Empire people/Asur/etc. talking German/French/etc. whatever like in 1.3, not Arab. It's strange to see Orcs talking perfect English, while Asurs and half of the Empire talk Arab. It's anticlimatic a bit.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

No bugs and no CTD after installing the 1.4.1 Translation
    Dobra robota

Quote Originally Posted by Painis_Cupcake View Post
    It's not about that, I just want to have Empire people/Asur/etc. talking German/French/etc. whatever like in 1.3, not Arab. It's strange to see Orcs talking perfect English, while Asurs and half of the Empire talk Arab. It's anticlimatic a bit.

Check descr_sounds_accents.txt in the main data folder. I'm no expert at this one but I believe that's the proper file to change the Orc RP English (maybe they had good teacher?)
    On release Quote:
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:

Foederatus

Well, i reinstalled the mod, patched it, copied the translation but still half of the mod is in russian. the translationj for 1.4 worked perfectly for me.

Here are some screens:
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/244/russian1e.jpg
    http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/788/russian2.jpg

edit: well, i checked the .txt files in data/text folder and most of it is in english, even the texts that are russian ingame
    Last edited by Ridcully; January 09, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

Odd...that shouldn't be happening. I've just checked that and I've got everything in English and as I use the same exact files that me and Beregond posted today you should too. Very strange indeed...
    On release Quote:
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

Grand Admiral Thrawn, Beregond - thanks for all your hard work.

I am, however, now experiencing major problems with 1.4.1 English translation.

Fresh COW install, to 1.4, then English 1.4 - no problems at all played for days with only a few CTDS.

When I install 1.4.1 and then English 1.4.1 I have the following problems:

Can not load any save game, from the menu screen or from within a campaign.

Also I cannot finish one turn without a CTD... for Dwarves at least. I will try others.

Any ideas?

If you're trying to load a save game made in 1.4 than you won't be able to. 1.41 Patch made to many changes in the game files. About CTD - I haven't tested it on Dwarves but VC and Reikland and all was well.

Remember guys/girls - this game will have CTD and in most cases we can't do a thing. When you have a game with so many scripts and so many playable factions it's bound to happen sooner or later.
    On release Quote:
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:

Foederatus

i had two "expanded.txt" files. after deleting the russian one it works now.

thank you for your efforts!

Evil_Ewok's Avatar Tiro
    Secret Submarine Headquarters off the Coast of Guam

GAT - No the save is 1.4.1 English.

It's definitely something to do with 1.4.1 translation as I've been playing 1.4.1 fine up to when I installed that. I'm not sure what the conflict is, but I can't even finish turn one with the Dwarves, and no loading at all...

I'll do a clean install (sigh) and see what happens.

Thanks again.