Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation 1.5.1 RELEASED!!!

Default Re: English Translation 1.4

Ozz all what you've posted should be in English (and the typos weren't really our main concern here - there was a lot to translate becasue the team implemented many new shiny stuff). But don't worry - we will sort those thing out. I've just tried playing Reikland - here are some in-game pictures.

Remember that the translation is still a living WIP. The more detailed input you guys/girls give us the easier will be for us to find and annihilate the problems.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Hahaa! Thanks guys for the translation! Eventought i'm getting alot of crashes(mostly crashes in battles, especially scripted ones) i'm enjoying this!

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, I'm sorry about all that, I don't know why so much stuff is still in Russian in my game

Don't be sorry. You'd be surprised how many people have many different problems. From what I've read some download links were broken or corrupt and some people had to download the entire game again.

Try starting a new campaign or if that won't help post your system log so THP could look at it.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Hi everyone.
    This looks awesome, but I still can't get it to run, at least in single player mode.
    Here's what I have done:
    1) Installed the mod to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\. It creates a new folder called Call_of_Warhammer.
    2) Extracted the sound folder from Call of Warhammer 1.01, and copied into the Call_of_Warhammer data\sound folder, overwriting when prompted.
    3) Downloaded translation_with_all_fixes.zip file in Grand Admiral Thrawns second post on the first page of the English translation thread.
    4) Deleted the text file contained in my Call of Warhammer data directory.
    5) Extracted the fixes zip into the data directory, overwriting when prompted.
    The mod starts fine, but whenever I go into single player, and click on any of the choices (Tutorial, Quick Battle, Chaos Storm, etc.), a menu box comes up prompting me to "Please select an item from the list." I cannot click on anything, tho, not back, not any of the items in the list at the left, etc. I have to page out and force quit the application.
    Multiplayer, on the other hand, seems to work fine. Is single player not available? Also, does anyone know if you can LAN play with a single cd-key, or does each player need his/her own key?
    Thanks and, once again, AWESOME work!
    Steve

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by srennick View Post
    Hi everyone.
    This looks awesome, but I still can't get it to run, at least in single player mode.
    Here's what I have done:
    1) Installed the mod to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\. It creates a new folder called Call_of_Warhammer.
    2) Extracted the sound folder from Call of Warhammer 1.01, and copied into the Call_of_Warhammer data\sound folder, overwriting when prompted.
    3) Downloaded translation_with_all_fixes.zip file in Grand Admiral Thrawns second post on the first page of the English translation thread.
    4) Deleted the text file contained in my Call of Warhammer data directory.
    5) Extracted the fixes zip into the data directory, overwriting when prompted.
    The mod starts fine, but whenever I go into single player, and click on any of the choices (Tutorial, Quick Battle, Chaos Storm, etc.), a menu box comes up prompting me to "Please select an item from the list." I cannot click on anything, tho, not back, not any of the items in the list at the left, etc. I have to page out and force quit the application.
    Multiplayer, on the other hand, seems to work fine. Is single player not available? Also, does anyone know if you can LAN play with a single cd-key, or does each player need his/her own key?
    Thanks and, once again, AWESOME work!
    Steve
    LAN can be played without CD-Keys.

Also, you might want to reinstall the mod except leave out step number 4. I think that's where you messed up.

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

can someone answer this quickly? why is a imperial campaign/strat file included in this translation download?

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Citizen

Its's because it had an error in it that caused the campaign to not load when the translation was applied.

Strange, I updated with your "with_all_fixes.rar" but I still have a ctd just after the loading screen.

It says that many files are missing. Most of them don't exist in my folders, like 22:06:54.913 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/battle_ed.txt

thanks, pilgrim!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bardin Gorimson View Post
    Strange, I updated with your "with_all_fixes.rar" but I still have a ctd just after the loading screen.

It says that many files are missing. Most of them don't exist in my folders, like 22:06:54.913 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/text/battle_ed.txt
    Did your mod upload before you used the translation?

I don't understand your question.

If it is what you wanted to know, the mod worked before the translation. :s

Rawr's Avatar Foederatus

I had the same problem, but I re-installed but did not use the sound pack that came with it in one of the torrents. Apparently that causes the CTD at start up.

can anyone upload "vanilla COW" Text and World folders please, i need help

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Thanks for your answer. I tried to delete the sounds folder, but it didn't solved my problem

alright pilgrim, so i tried reinstalling the mod - did NOT delete the text directory, just copied over it, but am still getting the "Please select an item from the list" whenever I try to single-play. is there a single-player option in this mod?
    thx again.
    s.

I reinstalled everything excepted the sounds, it works

Rawr's Avatar Foederatus

Bardin best thing would be to completely re-install and avoid adding the sound setup (I'm assuming the torrent included it) thats how you can get past the CTD. This so far is the only thing I know causing the CTD right at start up. Everything works fine for me now, enjoying the mod very much. =)

Edit - ah, nevermind then ^^ enjoy
    Last edited by Rawr; January 03, 2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by srennick View Post
    alright pilgrim, so i tried reinstalling the mod - did NOT delete the text directory, just copied over it, but am still getting the "Please select an item from the list" whenever I try to single-play. is there a single-player option in this mod?
    thx again.
    s.
    Yes, single player is an option in this mod. You must have a file missing or your mod is corrupted. Try reninstalling, but this time after uninstalling, delete your "Call_of_Warhammer" folder.

randir14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bardin Gorimson View Post
    I reinstalled everything excepted the sounds, it works
    Are you sure the sounds installed to the correct place, because I had a CTD the first time I tried installing the sound file to 1.4. It turns out it was pointing to the wrong directory. What I ended up doing was installing the sounds on the desktop, then manually dragging the files to the right folder.