Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: English Translation 1.5.1 RELEASED!!!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: English Translation 1.4

No, no it isn't. Try deleting your text folder and use the one in the second post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    No, no it isn't. Try deleting your text folder and use the one in the second post.
    well,it is what I did...

Citizen

hmm... can you upload your text folder and pm it to me?

I KNEW GUYS!!! that is why I asked so many times for CLARIFICATION.....

the instruction on 2nd post are badly WRONG!!!!
    there is a folder called text inside the text folder now!!!!and I have followed your instructions to the bloody letter

guys BE MORE CLEAR NEXT TIME ...here there is many people with different degree of knowledge in file managing,folder changing etc etc

now what should I do with this chaos?eh?

hmm... can you upload your text folder and pm it to me?
    and how to upload??never done before

I am very baffled with you right now
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; January 03, 2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Please try not to post so many times in a row. Thank you :)

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    and how to upload??never done before
    Rapidshare?!?
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Fracchione - the instructions are clear. I'm sorry if you didn't understand them, it's not my fault (you should put the text folder into data folder and when being asked if you want to overwrite the old folder choose yes) and try not to post 4 posts in a row.

If I'm being to harsh than sorry but I don't know how to put it other words.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

You have to either
    move original "text" folder elsewhere completely and then move in the new text folder
    OR
    overwrite the original folder but you won't have a copy of the original this way.

If you merge the folders it won't work.

Argh O_O I just installed the translation. Now, when i launch the .bat file, i get the loading screen and one second later i go back to desktop.

Here is my logfile.

Please i want to enjoy this fantastic mod

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Fracchione - the instructions are clear. I'm sorry if you didn't understand them, it's not my fault (you should put the text folder into data folder and when being asked if you want to overwrite the old folder choose yes) and try not to post 4 posts in a row.

If I'm being to harsh than sorry but I don't know how to put it other words.

it is EXACTLY what I did ,my friend

do you see other ppl having troubles?why?cos we are unexperienced in this stuff and obviously not your fault,I have never said it is..
    Last edited by Fracchione; January 03, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Semisalis

The .rar of THP works very well !

I have the same issue with THP or GAT files.

EDIT :

When i look into my log file, it seems that everything is missing o_O How is it possible ?

Citizen

File in the second post fixed. This one should work without causing a CTD upon startup.

good,now it is solved!!!

@Grand Admiral and Holy Pilgrim:I will add rep to you when I can,you both are great helpers and skilled modders

salut from Italy

+rep added for both)))))

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Holy's files added to 1st post to prevent confusion. I'll edit the strat files in them tomorrow, cause there are several vanilla resources, and there are no CoW ones

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

@ Holy Pilgrim: Thrawn's file works fine for me - too late, I DL it!

I hardly see what's corrupt except the fact that the city names are still in russian while I load a campaign... but not on a new one. That's a first...

We'll see tommorow. Coordinate

it's always so if you load the campaign, was the same with older translation versions

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    @ Holy Pilgrim: Thrawn's file works fine for me - too late, I DL it!

I hardly see what's corrupt except the fact that the city names are still in russian while I load a campaign... but not on a new one. That's a first...

We'll see tommorow. Coordinate
    Grand Admiral Thrawn mislead himself into thinking that there was something wrong with his translation as he was getting CTD's when he applied it. Turns out, he just forgot to add something, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    it's always so if you load the campaign, was the same with older translation versions
    That's not so in my case. All my cities are in English, whether it's an old save or a new game.

Well...it appears that the file I've posted was OK but ..... ekhem, ekhem, cough ..... because of some things in real life I had to do I forgot to rewrite two files on my OWN computer and that's why I had some problems ...ekhem, ekhem (sorry but the weather is terrible). That's all me - thinking about everone else, forgeting about myself....cough, ekhem

EDIT
    THP: I did include everything for the upload. I didn't do it properly on my own computer because I forgot. I'm old and cold and ill and....my memory. Oh!
    Last edited by Grand Admiral Thrawn; January 03, 2011 at 01:49 PM.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

It seems to be working for me, but it's quite incomplete - there were more things in English when I was playing the game in Russian!
    All the city menu tabs are in russian (where it says "Construction", "Recruitment" etc), many of the mini descriptions on the campaign map, like for resources etc are also.
    Another thing, there are still quite a few typos, even on the main faction selection screen which ought to be sorted out.
    Also, in game, some characters' names are messed up: instead of "Wolfgang" as a name, it writes ", Wolfgang" with the comma like that. I remember that the same thing was present in previous versions, but it's still not been fixed.
    Sorry if I sound harsh or critical - I've not had (too) many ctds and my campaign is playable for now (at least I know some Russian so Russian text isn't such a problem for me!) but this translation needs more work!
    I appreciate you all give up your own free time for this, and there is a lot of material to work through, and it's quite amazing that you are able to keep up with the main Russian CoW team so well!
    At least it works, thanks a bunch, I hope I haven't been repeating things others have said too much.
    Ozz

That's not so in my case. All my cities are in English, whether it's an old save or a new game.
    strange that it was so in my experience, even in long-long forgotten times of the fist CoW release, but well, coding is always confusing for me

EDIT: to Ozz
    np, mate, we are not stopping here and there will be surely new versions. I was going to release ultimate version in some fututre with all descriptions for buildings done etc
    city menu tabs should be in English, I'll check it out
    and I dare not touch the names.txt for the moment, cause it was causing CTDs in translation testing process

again, the more mistakes reported, the easier it will be to correct them
    Last edited by Beregond; January 03, 2011 at 01:50 PM.