Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gershom's Releases for IB-FG

Default Gershom's Releases for IB-FG

Per Attila's suggestion - this thread will be geared towards my releases only, though some exe's of Attila's zip files may appear here. My releases are made with mainly Attila's mod, enhanced with some other mods, including but not limited to Darth's formations, and they will always be in exe format - which means great compressibility, easy to use, and all you do is tell the program where your RTW program is located! Sound easy? Good! Some other features include quick updates and bug-fixes, as well as compatibility without CTD's (I test almost everything before releasing). This post will contain the links to my main version and any patches. I'll also include as much detail as possible for "change logs." I will try to keep my versions with 3 digits in the following format : "x.x.x" and they will follow Attila's releases, until further notice.

Latest Mods/Releases

Patch 4.1.1 (V4.1.1 exe - size: 5.16MB)

Option 1: Rapidshare
    Option 2: Badongo

Attila's Release V4.1 (V4.1 exe - size: 56.2 MB)

Option 1: Rapidshare
    Option 2: Badongo

Older Mods/Releases

Patch v4.0.4 (v4.0.4 exe - size: 112KB)

Only Option: Rapidshare

Full Version (v4.0.3 exe - size: 40.5 MB)

Only Option: Rapidshare

If you have any questions, complaints, bugs, or whatever - please post them here, and I or someone else will try answering them.

Change Log for v4.1.2 release (NOT YET RELEASED)

• Recolored Sassanid skins (don't like light blueish color)
    • Possibly skymod - although this takes out night battles from last I saw

Change Log for v4.1.1 release

• Recolored huns and some merc units
    • Used Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's modded files (his v4.1.2) - but slightly modified versions:
      - modified a few buildings - making temples universal for bonuses (no way for huge advantage)
      - took out experience points from buildings
      - moved missile bonuses to missile buildings, not armourers
    • Some problems from previous versions I noticed at last second still there - "testudo" formation for 2 units
    • Huns are now almost completely "brown"/"leather"-coloured
    • Various other small changes
    • Reinstated Darth's mod formations - does not necessarily mean "smarter" computer though.
    • RGyG's 4tpy (4 turns per year) mod included - needs activated by "show me how" function
      - unsure of 4tpy's stability, etc. - so please becareful if you use it!

Change Log for v4.0.4 patch:

• reverted buildings back - no more highways, walls, or higher-level farms, etc. for barbarians
    • all temples have same stats (basically - 2 exceptions - Christian and Zoroastrian) - stats are: happiness, morale, and religious belief
    • all temples and buildings have been doubled in price
    • no more experience points given by ANY buildings - you earn your experience on the field!
    • used darkrider's export_descr_unit - most light units down to 0 turns and heavy units up to 1 turn production
    • missile upgrades were moved to archery ranges - more realistic
    • used darkrider's beginning faction monetary values - now Rome should be more of a challenge!
    • spies, assassins, and diplomats are now 0 turns
    • made cities more hostile - revolts will occur if you don't "handle" them quickly :-)
    • More coming soon!!!!

*Partial* Change Log for full version v4.0.3:
    • Morale increase of +5 to every unit from the morale listings in Attila's unit file - this decreases units running away, and more battles are realistic in the sense that larger numbers died and fewer were capable of fleeing.
    • All cultures are now capable of the following: building all road types, all wall protections, and all farms
    • Some unit types from previous versions were freezing from engagement because they needed missiles to be fired first - fixed.
    • Darth's formations should be implemented now for "ai" formations.
    • projectile distances and effectiveness were slightly modified - longer distances and more effective (damage increased).
    • Missing unit cards were implemented
    Last edited by GershomPatmos; February 05, 2006 at 12:49 PM. Reason: updating

Some Hun pictures for consideration in Hun skins, taken from the movie: Attila.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

am really looking forward to try this mod (but am in middle of a campaign with AR's v 4.0.0 and wouldn't want to mess anything up), and am sure it'll be great with DarthMod and all, a wish list though:
    why don't you incorporate IceTorque's WarMap II AND 4 turns per year into your mod; these together with Atilla's skins will make it into the best damn Mod for BI IMO. and how about asking Atilla to make this thread into a sticky?
    thanks again for making BI into something really great.

I agree with Ramon, being playing Warmap and it's really good (I manage to use Atilla's units on it as per indications in how to do it on the Warmap topic).
    The 4yt would be really a good addition (Even if sometimes I forgot to hit the f1 key to start the script, lol)
    Still Atilla's v4 version is runnig great and I also dont want to mess with My current campaign even if I already got Yours mod on My hd.
    So Ill be waiting for Your's next version and Ill try that after finishing the current one.

Excellent! Pleased that you've got a seperate copic at last. I can see both arguments for increasing buildings as well as not, but I personally agree that there is no point playing a game that is so tightly straightjacketed to history (I'm sure others have seen events mentioned as popups long after it is completely irrelevant - one small example is that I wanted to be the Eastern Romans and be Pagan - in MY world Christianity was a brief fad that was quickly stamped out.)

Good packing, good additions - will download today

Default units

Hi Gersh
    I revisited the building file and now I can recruit all the old units and I removed peasant from the game (a suggestion for your next release).
    Did you changed anything about nocturnal battle? I can't engage enemies by night even if my general has the right ability.

Default Attilas v4.1

Gersh
    When Attila releases his 4.1 version will you do a exe. file release as you did with 4.0?
    I am not so savvy as of yet in copying and paste in the game directory and your help last release with an exe made my ability to play Attilas mode and instant success.
    Also looking forward to your next release as well.
    Legio Patra Nostra

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

I would make Warmap optional since i dont really like that map too much(its just way too big! And doesint go very far east either)I have a BI version of Lionskins map that extends to the Indus if your interested FYI.(Persian gulf needs to be fixed and the provinces are inaccurate tho)

However I like the changes so far except the removal of buildings for the Barbarians, in this era the "barbarian" poeples were advanced enough(or were soon to be) to build these kind of structures and the chioce of limiting them to "stereotypical" tech-trees is just silly. Maybe it should be an optional choice for players who want realism, and players who want drooling German guys in rags screaming.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; January 15, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS
    Gersh
    When Attila releases his 4.1 version will you do a exe. file release as you did with 4.0?

I second that. :original:

Hey Gersh!
    here is an idea....

i have to exams to do, but after those, so around next week i can jump into modding...(:-)not that i wuld be so good, or could do anything:-) )
    but i have ideas, like we need some merc units...i think it would make this mod better....so i suggest....we work together....
    and others help us if they want, but anyway, i think we could do it....
    we just need to ask some peope very polite, to lend us some unit skins....
    and we all have to do, is edit them in descr_files....

what do you think about this.....??
    like merc in iberia, greece, persia, ...
    lets make sctihia better....
    i think the hard work what alerady people done, should be used....

lets hear your answer, if you dont like it, i will start it alone, even if its lot work....

bye

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider
    Hey Gersh!
    here is an idea....

i have to exams to do, but after those, so around next week i can jump into modding...(:-)not that i wuld be so good, or could do anything:-) )
    but i have ideas, like we need some merc units...i think it would make this mod better....so i suggest....we work together....
    and others help us if they want, but anyway, i think we could do it....
    we just need to ask some peope very polite, to lend us some unit skins....
    and we all have to do, is edit them in descr_files....

what do you think about this.....??
    like merc in iberia, greece, persia, ...
    lets make sctihia better....
    i think the hard work what alerady people done, should be used....

lets hear your answer, if you dont like it, i will start it alone, even if its lot work....

bye
    Isn't there already enough mercs? I mean - there's basically quite a few similar to the normal units. Maybe I don't understand what you're asking. I think more mercs "may" be a good idea, but then again - it could confuse people, as they would have to get to know the "new" units and their strengths and weaknesses. Do you already have a source for more units or something? Let me know - sounds like a "good" idea, but may be more trouble than anything - there's already enough files to change all the time.

later,
    Gersh

Quote Originally Posted by Scamander
    Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS

Gersh
    I second that. :original:
    Of course. ;-) I plan to use all of Attila's latest versions, unless there is something I don't like - then I'll notify you guys of any exclusions (or extra "inclusions"). My mods will simply start with three digits though, like I said - my first one based off his 4.1 will be version 4.1.1.

@everyone@
    I have a question now - would anyone like to see more testudos being used by Roman soldiers? I saw someone commented on that in another thread under this topic, and I noticed only one unit has that capability.

later all,
    Gersh

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

well gersh.... i like your work of .exe compressing. but as long as i know romans was no more using testudo, first of all because the shield that they can use to do it was totally different, and allows no testudo formation.
    the units that makes testudo i guess was archers... well, it must be removed. is a nonsense.

i prefer historical accuracy for the mod.

so i like that there's no more blue culann's berseker throwing romans six meters out and other hollywood stuff.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    well gersh.... i like your work of .exe compressing. but as long as i know romans was no more using testudo, first of all because the shield that they can use to do it was totally different, and allows no testudo formation.
    the units that makes testudo i guess was archers... well, it must be removed. is a nonsense.

i prefer historical accuracy for the mod.

so i like that there's no more blue culann's berseker throwing romans six meters out and other hollywood stuff.
    Hey! It's not a true story unless someone is chucked at least 5 meters out! lol And yeah, I agree about the testudos - getting the archers to do it might be a bit of fun though.

thanks friend,
    Gersh

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

please, please, please could you upload the stuff somewhere else? I mean the thing told me to wait for 79 minutes !!!!!

I used attila's mod so far and I'm really curious to test your addition...just hope I'll ever be able to download all of it
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

gersh, if you agree, see the post i've don in wishlist about move a bit the timeframe.

things will be more nice and challenging - in 410 the empire is in a crucial year. we can have by this way the romano-british playable since the start!
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Flavius Nevitta's Avatar Civitate

oh or maybe anyone can send me the 4.04 file?
    RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

MINERVAE ET SOLIS INVICTI DISCIPVLVS

formerly known as L.C.Cinna

For the life of me I can't figure out why people keep choosing rapidshare to upload files.

It vexes me.

I'm terribly vexed.

I had the luck of getting it really fast but I agree that it needs to be hosted on other servers.

Hi Gersh!
    i mean, that in origina game, you have only few untis for barbarians, and as romans i think you could recruit more merc. i saked in some other mods, but i realised, that their untis are just not accurate with Bi, and thsi time...
    but im really waiting for Vlads bi modification to come out, cause he made some really good barbarians, like slavs, and goths....but his huns doesnt really look nice, so i asked him ,if it comes out, could we use some of his units...as normal recruitable soilders, but i think merc would be also nice, so everyone who are in that region could buy such units....

does anyone using merc units??
    cause there are so few, and so weak, that its not worth buying them...so if there would be more, and better merc...cause actually they were experineced soilders...they should start with at least 3 experience points....
    than perhaps you would use them more and wisely...

what do you think???
    vlads mod will be a big hit, but i prefer attillas mod, with pur balancing modifications....
    and wih these new units, and with attillas new release we will have a lot of work, to do the balancing, but these foderati buildings, and new units, +vlads units, could be a big BANG!!

im already dreaming of it!!! :laughing:

bye

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast