Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

Greetings,

Two things, firstly, how is everything going and should we expect a 'patch' any time soon? If so, what would be the changes, and, if not, then don't worry about rushing and such...we can wait.

Secondly, could you/would you please be able to replace the Highland regiments drummer with a piper? I know that seems like a trivial thing, but it bugs the hell out of me!

Apart from all that, thank you for doing what you've done, I'm playing a campaign and writing an AAR about it thanks to you.

P.S.

Ah yes, as said by someone else, the United-Netherlands/Holland do seem to be rather missing from the map as well as a few incorrect settlement names.

Now, I am not a skinner or a modder really, but if you ever need help with historical information etc, then I'll be about and feel free to PM me.

Long live hannibalcaesar!

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalcaesar View Post
    I could do that, but all their units would have to be re textures as the DMB is full. Of course, I'm still going to put some thought into the matter so it can go either way.
    Iirc, th Danemark faction uses no DMB slot. You should look into it, if you have time, of course!

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

...he to everybody...is someone still playing this mod as single player???

just implemented the rs2 map...and reworked the cities regions for fun...

RS2-map-for-Napoleon

...still work in progress...but a lot of fun yet...
    Last edited by leoni; March 08, 2012 at 01:42 PM.

Looks excellent, any chance you could implement it into the campaign? With permission, of course.

...it actually runs in my napoleonic folder---as master of europe campaign...yet i finished the kgd of holland
    prussia...i also pm hannibalceasar to coop with him, to also add new factions...i would prefer kgd of denmark, kgd of bavaria-saxony-würtenberg, kgd of holland...still researchin some old maps, for more regions-cities...also collect some 2d art stuff from the web-better flags-music...etc...
    so if there is more interest...i will ask dvk for permission to include the rs2 map for this submod...good night

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

awesome!

I actually am playing it single player. looking forward to your map.

of course, I'd have to finish the Austrian campaign of mine.

my only request of course would be to make sure the borders are OK.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; March 09, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

...i will upload more screens, and open for historic-border suggestions...just try it to copy correct from old maps...

RS2-map-for-Napoleon

Last edited by leoni; March 09, 2012 at 12:35 PM.

...finished the map changes...hamburg also added...will try to include new factions...bavaria...saxony...würtenberg...danmark...kgr holland

rhine-south-germany

prussia-russia

austria-habsburg

ottoman-borders

Last edited by leoni; March 11, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Those look fantastic, would love to see new factions and those maps in the Master of Europe Campaign, or at least the Netherlands etc. Excellent work, leoni!

...this is my master of europe campaign...will try to add factions next week...and waiting for dvk permission-to use this wonderful map-for public...

by the way i'm use Campaign "Mastery Europe" but i can't save the game
    any solution.?

Hello,

After the first time I played the mod (I just sarted a campaign, playing one turn), I received the error message below, just after I closed the game from the main screen to desktop (therefore this should not be a CTD, I guess, but a minor issue):

"script error in

napoleonic/data/world/maps/campaign/mundus_magnus/descr_strat.txt, at line 876, column 5.

there should be no buildings in a village!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ulakanakulot View Post
    Hello,

After the first time I played the mod (I just sarted a campaign, playing one turn), I received the error message below, just after I closed the game from the main screen to desktop (therefore this should not be a CTD, I guess, but a minor issue):

"script error in

napoleonic/data/world/maps/campaign/mundus_magnus/descr_strat.txt, at line 876, column 5.

there should be no buildings in a village!"
    i had this problem too
    and i can't save game too

...i noticed many errors in the descr_strat...but i always could play this submod...save and load without
    problems...but just played with france...shortly i began to mod this submod...
    even yet i m hang on with adding new factions....got to solve it...

Quote Originally Posted by leoni View Post
    ...i noticed many errors in the descr_strat...but i always could play this submod...save and load without
    problems...but just played with france...shortly i began to mod this submod...
    even yet i m hang on with adding new factions....got to solve it...
    by the please fix the Emissary image so be more than smoothy
    and make the border be real

...please specify what do you mean with real borders...in those times borders are always changing and far from being something so static...also it is nearly impossible to show all these little houses..lordships...whatever fragmented ownerships within the german lands correctly...it could be just a approaching...but better than nothing...
    or just say what you dislike, by watching these screens...

i mean like this

if border like now is very hard to diferrent region with other region
    just my opinion

...good news guys...dvk gave me a very noble permission to use the rs2 map...with credits for sure...
    also i m in contact with hannibalceasar...to coop and figure out to include more nations....

konstantin...so do you mean to rework the radar maps....to see clear, where your empire expands...alright?
    i will try this...but first i want to insert all the nations i want to play...than we can go to make some eye candys...
    Last edited by leoni; March 13, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

@leoni:

you could conceivably do represent fragmented countries, by simply using a bigger map (or up-scaling what is already there). you could accordingly show the smaller portions-of course while respecting the 199+1 province limit.

trying it out myself (for my mod), it seems easily possible; most states have no more than 10-12 fragments-many so close to each other they can be made into one province.

@ konstantiniyye: it has little to do with the campaign map tga itself. IIRC it's a setting or sth--it's been a while, so I'm unsure.. I know because the same is shown in EB: some patches have the borders, others don't.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

thanks for your advise....i just not wanted to split the map into to little regions...for this you should do another map...just focused on a special campaign...not the whole world...i think i found a good compromise...but open for wishes...