Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Napoleonic Total War 2 Sub Mod:Campaign

Strange, but on strategic mode map all function, but when I try to fall into ...СTD. (custom battle job)

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    Strange, but on strategic mode map all function, but when I try to fall into ...СTD. (custom battle job)
    ou mean attacking cities? this is a known byg, working on being resolved

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I think America should have some British units, such as rifles and artillery, how do I add them to the roster? Because when I try the UC is a peasant and when I load an army that uses them in custom battle, the game crashes (gives me an error about the general)

Quote Originally Posted by ♔keneticpest♔ View Post
    I think America should have some British units, such as rifles and artillery, how do I add them to the roster? Because when I try the UC is a peasant and when I load an army that uses them in custom battle, the game crashes (gives me an error about the general)
    You have to give the artillery model and the soldiers models to the US as well

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Would that use EDU slots?"

No, the US just has to have a texture for the models too.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I don't know how to do that.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

How's the transition to RL going?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔keneticpest♔ View Post
    How's the transition to RL going?
    Well enough, not much time to mod now due to being busy so much.

Lord Minotaur's Avatar Biarchus

when do you plan to release the full version? and i think from teh screenies the campaign map should be more beutifull/detailed.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalcaesar View Post
    ou mean attacking cities? this is a known byg, working on being resolved
    Anxiously awaiting for the fix to this bug. Thanks for this release. It already is a good beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Minotaur View Post
    when do you plan to release the full version? and i think from teh screenies the campaign map should be more beutifull/detailed.
    I'm not much of a mapper, though maybe later.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Anxiously awaiting for the fix to this bug. Thanks for this release. It already is a good beginning.
    As it was meant to be, a good beginning.

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Thank you for this HC, downloading now, I think your work across the RTW spectrum deserves a medal, +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mont View Post
    Thank you for this HC, downloading now, I think your work across the RTW spectrum deserves a medal, +rep.
    Thanks man

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

Good luck on fixing the CTD on city battles because sometimes it frustrates me where one of my generals dies because i had to auto resolve. When I played the US Expeditionary force in the Western Med campaign I won... But I lost about 10 generals because of autoresolving when there's a huge stack in a city :S

also USA needs artillery... could've used a pair of 6Ibs guns or even howitzers to make a few sketchy battles interesting I also find it odd that USA was able to recruit Jannissaries and Sipahis in every village instead of the Ottoman empire, where they could only recruit Nizam lights, militia, and light cavalry. Tbh the one thing that worried me the most was when there were Jannissaries present in the ottoman army in large numbers. Especially in the beginning when I had a lack of cavalry.

I once had a bridge battle where I was attacking and it would've ended in disaster provided that there wasn't an alternative shallow crossing for my cavalry and reserve infantry to take pressure off of the bridge head... the ottomans had Guard Jannissaries and boy did they cut down a huge chunk off of my men... In most battles I recieve 5-10 percent of casualties if the enemy is militia based and roughly the same size as my army. But these guys were outnumbered and they managed to take out 25% of my army, with only 1 guard jannissary, 2 jannissary, 3 nizam militia, and 2 nizam light, supported with 3 sipahi. I had a full stack of 2 generals, 12 line, 6 Cuirassier. again artillery would have been a nice addition to all of my armies (even my 3 stacks of marines with 18 marines each!)

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Lindstrom View Post
    Good luck on fixing the CTD on city battles because sometimes it frustrates me where one of my generals dies because i had to auto resolve. When I played the US Expeditionary force in the Western Med campaign I won... But I lost about 10 generals because of autoresolving when there's a huge stack in a city :S

also USA needs artillery... could've used a pair of 6Ibs guns or even howitzers to make a few sketchy battles interesting I also find it odd that USA was able to recruit Jannissaries and Sipahis in every village instead of the Ottoman empire, where they could only recruit Nizam lights, militia, and light cavalry. Tbh the one thing that worried me the most was when there were Jannissaries present in the ottoman army in large numbers. Especially in the beginning when I had a lack of cavalry.

I once had a bridge battle where I was attacking and it would've ended in disaster provided that there wasn't an alternative shallow crossing for my cavalry and reserve infantry to take pressure off of the bridge head... the ottomans had Guard Jannissaries and boy did they cut down a huge chunk off of my men... In most battles I recieve 5-10 percent of casualties if the enemy is militia based and roughly the same size as my army. But these guys were outnumbered and they managed to take out 25% of my army, with only 1 guard jannissary, 2 jannissary, 3 nizam militia, and 2 nizam light, supported with 3 sipahi. I had a full stack of 2 generals, 12 line, 6 Cuirassier. again artillery would have been a nice addition to all of my armies (even my 3 stacks of marines with 18 marines each!)
    1-Wow,just remids me how bad this problem truly is...
    2-I know, us will get artillery, and may fix recruitment, and change army composition.
    3-Yeah, needs fixed, glad to hear the biggest problems.

Yeah.. if the Ottomans had a few more jannissaries in their army composition then it would definately make for an interesting campaign. I'd be tempted to play as them but again. the lack of jannissaries is what is holding me on that decision. also france should be able to recruit basic "regular" and militia troops from villages and elite troops (grenadiers Voltigures, Guards etc) from the major cities. France Litterally got stomped by Naples and Spain in my US campaign, so now i'm playing as france and i can now see why. they cant recruit basic fusiliers in the Villages, which i think they should be able to.

Btw I have a bit of a question. What's with those 50000 denar Civilians? Is it for us to use so the town doesn't rebell or is it for when a Rebellion happens that the AI has something, so the game doesn't crash?

Yeah.. if the Ottomans had a few more jannissaries in their army composition then it would definately make for an interesting campaign. I'd be tempted to play as them but again. the lack of jannissaries is what is holding me on that decision. also france should be able to recruit basic "regular" and militia troops from villages and elite troops (grenadiers Voltigures, Guards etc) from the major cities. France Litterally got stomped by Naples and Spain in my US campaign, so now i'm playing as france and i can now see why. they cant recruit basic fusiliers in the Villages, which i think they should be able to.

Btw I have a bit of a question. What's with those 50000 denar Civilians? Is it for us to use so the town doesn't rebell or is it for when a Rebellion happens that the AI has something, so the game doesn't crash?
    Alright, i may use a hidden resource to allow regular units. And the 50000 denar civilians are to prevent the rebellion CTD, and do a decent job of it.

Sooo... recruiting those civilians prevents the rebellion CTD, or does the AI spawn them when said village/city rebells to prevent ctd? that's what my question is.

Sooo... recruiting those civilians prevents the rebellion CTD, or does the AI spawn them when said village/city rebells to prevent ctd? that's what my question is.
    I'm not entirely sure, but the most accepted theory is that when a city 'rebels' there must be units there to immediately recruit, and give to the rebels, and if there are none, CTD, so pretty much just spawns them.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast