Thread: Complete fool

Default Complete fool

I need a lot of help installing the mod. When it comes to installing mods I hardly ever have any idea what im doing. As the title suggest Im a complete fool when it comes to mods.
    I downloaded the mod but after that I honestly have no idea...
    Thank you
    GenTiberius

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Complete fool

Which version id you download?

If its 0.98b you just need to find the .exe file you just downloaded and click on it. the installer should do the rest. When it asks you for a directory to install the mod into it should be
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War, unless you installed the game into another part of your computer.

Also, which version of RTW do you have? If you have one of the expansion packs it doesn't matter but if not you will need to go onto the Rome Total War website (or TWC's download section) and find the 1.5 patch. You install that the same way as you install the mod.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

First of thanks for the quick reply.
    I downloaded the 0.98v first but then I thought you needed the 0.97 first so I downloaded that.
    For the 0.98v I get a Greek Wars installing "thing" but after installing it when I try to bring it up a black box comes up. It says some stuff I guess game data I dont know its only up for two seconds. After that it closes and nothing happens.
    Yeah my RTW is up tp 1.5
    Thanks
    General Tiberius

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Just try 0.97. Simpler install (extract/copy folder and you are done). If you are having problems with the .bat file, just use line commands to make a shortcut on desktop. If you do not know how to do this I can explain.

I did try 0.97 but it turned out to be harder..
    I have no idea how to do anything..

I extracted it to the Rtw folder....and I still just got a black box for two seconds

Hi, sorry for the late response, I haven't been active on these forums these past two weeks. Have you tried running it (through tgw.bat) more than once? Sometimes (maybe once in ten) it fails to properly start the game. Now, tgw.bat should be in you RTW folder, along with the proper executable file, and there should be an RTW folder visible there. If that's the case, then you've installed it correctly.

Unless you're using Steam, in which case refer to this thread.