- 40% tax
    - 20% trade
    Recruit foederati warband
    Recruit foederati sword warband
    Recruit foederati spear warband
    Recruit foederati foot nobles
    Recruit foederati cavalry
    Recruit foederati mounted nobles

All three are buildable at all city grades and have to be built one after another like barracks.
    History is written by victors.
    Against enemies I have only one weapon - death.
    - Baron Roman Fedorovich Ungern

Under the Patronage of Noble Praetor Belisarius

The best BI mod avaiable now!
    INVASIO BARBARORUM - FLAGELLUM DEI

Please, I need a coder to create those building. Next version won't be released if thease features will be undone.

THIRD TIME I SAY THAT I NEED HELP WITH THOSE BUILDINGS. NEXT VERSION WILL BE UNCOMPLETED IF THEY ARE NOT READY!

Sorry Attila when I made a minimod I used taverns as foederati buildings but the bigger problem I found has beenn the negetive numbers . I did not succeded to use them in buildings. You need a real good coder I cannot aid you in this. The only way I thought ro resolve this probelm this to considerer some trade buildings not compatible with foederati ones.
    Last edited by Ettore; January 16, 2006 at 12:00 PM.

Ok, think I'll make it this way.

hi attilla...
    just a suggestion, cause i dont really know building scripting...
    but you could ask, the guys over RTR....or at EB....cause they have new buildings....they could surely help you...
    but i think their buildings are only on strategy map, so they wont appaer on battlemap...
    you could aks them, cause if you do it the way as Ettore, it wont look nice, recruiting barbarians from taverns!!???
    fujj....
    bye

You can considerer taverns and bardi circle as a sign of a massice barbaration of the province that got resources...
    and gave afraid to population... riots in foederati province were a suicide for paesants, the problems could be the foederati riots.
    Last edited by Ettore; January 16, 2006 at 05:09 PM.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

hi atilla i'm not a coder but i guess that i can make work a building if is in the descr_building_battle.txt; so looking at the structure i've tried to do this:

i've not add the tax income modification and the public order because i really don't know how to get it by building. nevertheless, it can be possible to add an ancillary with this tax and order effect when the building is done.

----------------------------------------------

building foederati
    {
    levels camp settlement tribe
    {
    camp requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "foederati warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -5
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1
    }
    construction 2
    cost 600
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    settlement
    }
    }
    settlement requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "foederati warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati sword warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati spear warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati foot nobles" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati cavalry" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -10
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2
    }
    construction 3
    cost 1200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    tribe
    }
    }
    tribe requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "foederati sword warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati spear warband" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati cavalry" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati mounted nobles" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -20
    }
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

------------------------

and add to export_descr_buildings_enums.txt

foederati_name

camp
    camp_descr
    camp_descr_short
    settlement
    settlement_descr
    settlement_descr_short
    tribe
    tribe_descr
    tribe_descr_short

and after, as will, open in the bi/data/text folder and write the descriptions.

please note that the mone is just an attempt, i don't know if can be good and if it will work properly. i have to try it and maybe try to make icons etc.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    hi atilla i'm not a coder but i guess that i can make work a building if is in the descr_building_battle.txt; so looking at the structure i've tried to do this:

i've not add the tax income modification and the public order because i really don't know how to get it by building. nevertheless, it can be possible to add an ancillary with this tax and order effect when the building is done.

----------------------------------------------

building foederati
    {
    levels camp settlement tribe
    {
    camp requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -5
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1
    }
    construction 2
    cost 600
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    settlement
    }
    }
    settlement requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "foederati foot nobles" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -10
    }
    construction 3
    cost 1200
    settlement_min town
    upgrades
    {
    tribe
    }
    }
    tribe requires factions { roman, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit "foederati mounted nobles" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus -20
    }
    construction 4
    cost 3500
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

------------------------

and add to export_descr_buildings_enums.txt

foederati_name

camp
    camp_descr
    camp_descr_short
    settlement
    settlement_descr
    settlement_descr_short
    tribe
    tribe_descr
    tribe_descr_short

and after, as will, open in the bi/data/text folder and write the descriptions.

please note that the mone is just an attempt, i don't know if can be good and if it will work properly. i have to try it and maybe try to make icons etc.
    That's "good," but (switching to someone else now)...Atilla - if you want a whole building coded and added to a city - it would require more work than just a week or so. There are quite a few components...first off you have to reconfigure the city to put it somewhere - maybe delete some housing and replace it in that space, or wherever. Mylae's coding would be a good start though. And if you wanted to make it outside of the city - even more difficulty - you would have to make sure that it cannot be garrisoned nor attacked, unless you wanted it to be counted as a city that can be. Secondly, there are limitations in the scripting - I believe you can have only 1 city per square area - you would have to cut provinces up or change the coding that limits and interprets city locations. Yeah, I'm a real optimist - sorry. lol

Let me know exactly what you're thinking about everything, and I hope someone else can help with this - I've almost more than enough on my plate and would have to take time learning more coding,
    Gersh

DUnno how it's made....i would ask to MOD teams......

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

please, gersh, let me know how it is possible to do what you suggest.

also i want to know, if my code is applied it can work properly - even without appear on battlefield? i've not understand your speech about garrisoning etc, so please tell me everithing you know on the matter.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    please, gersh, let me know how it is possible to do what you suggest.

also i want to know, if my code is applied it can work properly - even without appear on battlefield? i've not understand your speech about garrisoning etc, so please tell me everithing you know on the matter.
    Well, I don't know a lot, but I was just thinking to myself - maybe the port scripting could be replicated to accomplish this task? I only say that because the ports are included near the shore, and obviously we wouldn't want that - but they are in the same regions as the cities and counted as different objects, yet distanced however far. Anyways...

I did post what I found from another site in another thread (or so I thought)...hmph...I believe there is a basic guide to the maps, etc. on the main website for Total War - that forum.

Ok, in the Rome Total War directorate...go under \bi\data\world\maps\base - look at these maps. They're all in .tga format - just about any photo program should be able to open it. I suggest using Adobe Photoshop if you have it. Enlarge the maps for your viewing also - trust me, they're a bit "small." The one labeled "map_regions.tga" or "map_regions" if you don't have your computer showing extensions - this one is for the cities and ports. The black dots are the cities and the white dots are the ports. The program reads all the colors and converts them upon opening up the program. You (whoever) could easily use say black, white, and yellow dots - yellow dots for the foederati camps? I dunno. Only problem is when you have the exact same color representing more than one thing - and all colors are comprised of RGB values of 1 through 256, for Red, Green, and Blue - usually it is difficult to have the same exact color for two things using these values, though it can be done if someone is not careful.

Next - you would need to do the coding for the foederati population, growth, etc. - I'm not sure of the extent of difficulty for this - could be simple or easy, but don't have time yet to look into it.

The rest is probably potato-cakes (very easy) - as you've already come up with pretty good "coding" for it. There are some other dependent files upon these also - RTW is sometimes easy, sometimes complex depending on what you're trying to do. The text files are even originally recorded in graph files (I believe) by the company and then put into text format - this is why there are often problems editing these text files - they weren't originally texts.

have fun and later,
    Gersh

ok gersh really thanks...

i will find some tutorial before proceeding, but no idea on what i can do.
    i will try to see if my code can work - and the add some ui card to the game just not to show the ugly default barrack image.

then, we will need maybe a .cas model to insert in the battlemap if we have to modify some internal building, but i guess for external ones it can work with no problem.

it will be something like the docks or the fields that are not shown clearly on battlemap but there are outside the city. never happens to me to have a battle in a dock - are they possible? no idea.

i've tried all stuff but crash to desktop without message.
    Last edited by Mylae; January 16, 2006 at 07:52 PM.

people, glad to announce you that since now i feel like a coder.
    previous crashes were because of a stupid error - i've written "descr" while i'm supposed to write "desc".
    my codes works perfectly now.
    now i will do some picture and send all to atilla and gershom.

p.s.
    i suggests to make a complete new texh tree: i mean, not only rename the Curia as Basilica, but to add:
    1- lupanare (well, romans needs to have fun with girls also), increase population +1%
    2- Villa rustica (The late Roman Republic witnessed an explosion of villa construction in Italy. In Etruria, the villa at Settefinestre has been interpreted as being one of the latifundia, or large slave-run villas, that were semi-independent landowner's possession, defended from barbars by private militia of veterans or ex-military; in those villas the owners acts like a supreme ruler under arge masses of slaves, making them work in large cultivations and taking high profits; some villas has been transformed in monastery with time, like Monte Cassino's abbey). increase tax income of 5%, increase in tradeable goods, increase bonus due to law -5%
    3- taberna (roman wines were famous too...) bonus due to happines +2%, increase squalor (not nice to have streets full of drunk people)
    4- catacumbae (subterranean tumbs, you know; cristhians may have used it during the persecution time to pray, but now they are just the cemetery. every city of this name have a sort of necropolis) bonus due to happiness +1%, conversion to christian religion +5%

then some exclusive building: the ROSTRA in rome, akropolis to Athen, and other similar stuff.

Ehm lupanari did not grow popolation . The too many lupanarii was a cause of the demographic problems in the romen military cities. More lupanari= less children or more truely: many children left in the street to die and a lot of abortions. For example at Mediolanum in no christian families often daughters and sisters became font of easy money for all.
    Last edited by Ettore; January 17, 2006 at 07:16 AM.

well, right about lupanari.
    i've just put down an idea. so maybe it will be better: happines bonus +2%, increase population -2%

ok?

this images i've done: did you like it?

obviously i've just rework the default ui, but I guess that so they will look more familiar to players.

Mylae

this is just fantastic!!
    you are truly a good coder.....
    i suggested before, that this could work, but couldnt try it, i still have on more exam left...

buts after that im here to help you, even if not experienced, but im really motivated....

so actually you put these bulidnigs on startegi map, and you get bonuses...but they wont appaer on battle map...thats cool....

but as for feoderati camp.??how do you wanna make it appaer on the side of map, like ships, volcanos, docks, or such???or cityes as in background?
    they should look like small barbarian towns....is this possible??
    how does the game imports the look of cityes on battle map, if they are near, or the textures of ships??
    there must be a file for this....cause its only since patch....

do you know anything bout this??

and one more thing...:
    now nothing can stop attila to become the ruler of bi modding
    just dont tell anyone....cause they will be jelious, and hunt him down...
    :laughing: just joking....

hey first thanks!!

i'm not a good coder. this is my first work.
    the fact is that nobody was answering to attila and so i've tried to do something to help the man.

i suppose attila will agree. i don't want to became some mod developer or similar stuff; i don't care if someone puts my name on some thakns or not. the only thing i care about is a good playability and make BI better because is born crappy.
    the mod is the Attila reloaded's mod. just i and other people like gershom will like to help attila, to make his work easier and this BI modification the best.

if attila wants not to have this stuff, ok, no problem.

What? Please, please, please, don't make building that gives MORE pop growth! One of the most disturbing issues with BI is the insane pop growth. If there's something we need, it's less pop growth. As it is now, you have to exterminate every once a while or treat an outburst of plague as a gift from the Gods!

Historically speaking, this was a period when the population in the cities decreased, not grew. The cities were getting smaller, not larger.

If someone could get rid of the pop growth that comes with the churches, it would be truly fantastic. The churches should primarily give law bonuses since they became an instrument for the Emperor to maintain order. The Christian ideology was superb for someone who wanted to say "Do as your told, obey the rules and your reward will come in the afterlife".

Quote Originally Posted by Joar
    What? Please, please, please, don't make building that gives MORE pop growth! One of the most disturbing issues with BI is the insane pop growth. If there's something we need, it's less pop growth. As it is now, you have to exterminate every once a while or treat an outburst of plague as a gift from the Gods!

Historically speaking, this was a period when the population in the cities decreased, not grew. The cities were getting smaller, not larger.

If someone could get rid of the pop growth that comes with the churches, it would be truly fantastic. The churches should primarily give law bonuses since they became an instrument for the Emperor to maintain order. The Christian ideology was superb for someone who wanted to say "Do as your told, obey the rules and your reward will come in the afterlife".

you're right.
    well, i will see what to do.

i guess for historical reason ALL roman cities MUST have a group of "core" buildings, like a trader, 2'level roads and docks. in greater cities, AT LEAST highways and an amphiteatre. holy ****, in centuries they have had the time to build this stuff, or not?? where the archaeological stuff came fromif not of some period BEFORE barbarian invasion?

i will ask maybe to someone if is possible to made some script to figure depopulation as a real problem.

you're right; but in BI get lesser population will give an implicite bonuses to town, while it must be some maluses. an example: alexandria was troubling, so i've put all the army out, let the city revolt, and destroy it the turn after, slaughtering a population. well, how can a metropolis behave with a 150% public order if there are just 450 citizens?
    something needs to be balanced. too much citizens must create problems, but also too much little i guess. or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast