Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two-week freeze on PvP?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default Two-week freeze on PvP?

Hello,

In light of recent disturbing events, such as the repeated breaking of PvP rules and general misbehaviour, as it seems, on the server, I am hereby suggesting a complete and total two-week freeze on any and all PvP activities to investigate allegations of severe war crimes and abuse. It is completely disappointing to me that some people - and I believe these players know exactly who they are - have such little regard of rules that they, themselves, helped vote for and establish. The recent chaos that has erupted as a consequence of the consistent rule breaking by some individuals is a defeat to the server as a whole, and a much stronger response must be made against those who have continued violating the establishments of this server.

In the interest of the reader, I have tried to present a list of the rule violations involved, so as to give the server an image of the tragic state of PvP at the moment:

Griefing, placement of TNT inside someone else's structure
    Teleporting to and from an enemy, or within sight of a battle
    Combat before the initial ceasefire of any declaration of war has expired (24 hours)

Please discuss this proposal from a non-diplomatic view. I have note that people seem to bring the conflicts and wars on the server to the forums, a most severe development and altogether unnecessary.

Thank you,
    Aanker

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Default Re: Two-week freeze on PvP?

I say no to a freeze on pvp. There will always be rules broken especially in war where it's hard to determine where and when rules are broken. I think a better way is: if we convict someone of war crimes they should be banned from pvp for a set amount of time as well as their punishment for braking the rules voted by the community.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I'd say, we start with a clean slate. We forget about what rules have been broken by some people and left unpunished up till now, and start over. Any violations from now on should be punished swiftly.

I can agree to what Mangerman said, but Dewy's proposal is also good. Either way, some form of sharper consequence is needed from this point...

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post

Griefing, placement of TNT inside someone else's structure
    Teleporting to and from an enemy, or within sight of a battle
    Combat before the initial ceasefire of any declaration of war has expired (24 hours)
    The first rule was broken by your own and was an accident, I found it rather strange that he asked if he could clean it up and then hid behind the TNT and shot arrows at us but it was still broken by one of your own.

Again, the Dwarves massively broke this one and there is a debate on wheter or not Akar broke that rule too.

And yeah we broke this one, Akar should have waited before leading us onto Orzammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    I say no to a freeze on pvp. There will always be rules broken especially in war where it's hard to determine where and when rules are broken. I think a better way is: if we convict someone of war crimes they should be banned from pvp for a set amount of time as well as their punishment for braking the rules voted by the community.
    I like this proposal, but then we'd need a war council .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Or the standard voting procedure, Asc. As I suggested in the other thread, just ignore the opening spats: rules were broken by both sides in the initial excitement. There's no need to ban PvP for two weeks, are the Dwarves wanting a respite?

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Or the standard voting procedure, Asc. As I suggested in the other thread, just ignore the opening spats: rules were broken by both sides in the initial excitement. There's no need to ban PvP for two weeks, are the Dwarves wanting a respite?
    It is related to the fact that I have heard of or seen enough rule breaking already. As Mangerman suggested, I will from this point look very seriously on rule breaking and I hope that others will, as well.

@Ascarona: since the fight took place before the initial ceasefire had ended, it was technically not a battle, thus I find the alleged teleportation of less value than the lack of an entire 24 hours of ceasefire. It is a minor technicality, but I believe you understand.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

LOL. First time dwarves are in a 1v1 war and they want to quit it.
    Of course there will be rule violations as both sides did. In all the war until now there has been NUMEROUS rule violations and these are in no aspect worse than what we have seen before

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

when did we violate rules?

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    when did we violate rules?
    I have no idea, but we better keep this diplomatic

Poach's Avatar Civitate

He refers to the violation of the 24hr ceasefire rule last night. The opposition are also annoyed that the Dwarves broke the TP rule regarding ongoing battles. The Dwarves say that the opposition's rule breaking is worse. In my opinion, one broken rule does not allow for more broken rules and both parties are equally at fault and, as such, we should simply ignore it as much of it occured during the opening excitement of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    He refers to the violation of the 24hr ceasefire rule last night. The opposition are also annoyed that the Dwarves broke the TP rule regarding ongoing battles. The Dwarves say that the opposition's rule breaking is worse. In my opinion, one broken rule does not allow for more broken rules and both parties are equally at fault and, as such, we should simply ignore it as much of it occured during the opening excitement of the war.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    Again, the Dwarves massively broke this one and there is a debate on wheter or not Akar broke that rule too.
    When? Josst said he was just doing repairs after Akar accidently placed tnt, and since there seemed to exist a ceasefire until I walked there, I didn't see you guys having any problem with this... or even any PvP going on at that moment I would ask you guys to please clarify your charges in the proper thread.

As for freeze on PvP, I don't really care but I won't be an "Opt-in" for long if this sorry state doesn't improve. So do what you have to really.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    LOL. First time dwarves are in a 1v1 war and they want to quit it.
    Of course there will be rule violations as both sides did. In all the war until now there has been NUMEROUS rule violations and these are in no aspect worse than what we have seen before
    Everyone hates us. Everytime we've joined a war people have spent hours complaining about us. Half the peoplle here are already heavily biased against us so there can be no proper rule judgement. I have yet to see one proper dwarven breach of the rules in this conflict while I have seen/heard of several on the other side=/
    Last edited by King Sama; December 31, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Everyone hates us. Everytime we've joined a war people have spent hours complaining about us. Half the peoplle here are already heavily biased against us so there can be no proper rule judgement. I have yet to see one proper dwarven breach of the rules in this conflict while I have seen/heard of several on the other side=/
    LoL, i dont think there was a Enurmous consensus againt dwarves in the dwarven squek war, was probably the only reason more measures were not made Andthis is no all going consensus, this is just people getting annoyed that youre intervention policy is making diplomacy and pvp impossible
    Its weird actually most people seem to hate us up untilø now, refreshing to see a change

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    When? Josst said he was just doing repairs after Akar accidently placed tnt, and since there seemed to exist a ceasefire until I walked there, I didn't see you guys having any problem with this... or even any PvP going on at that moment I would ask you guys to please clarify your charges in the proper thread.
    Akar placed 1 TNT block when he tried to shoot Joss after TPing for the 4th time. It was an accident, Joss wanted to clean up the TNT he placed in Mitch's hall but we have already established that if you don't want anything to do with the battle then you need to get out of the warzone.
    Yeah that tends to happen when you can't resist to intervene in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    Its weird actually most people seem to hate us up untilø now, refreshing to see a change
    It sure is .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

I hardly believe that if it came down to a poll on rule breaking, the dwarves would be outvoted, Sama. The fact of the matter is that most people here - or at least I hope so - are able to judge neutrally on rule violations and not take existing alliances and bonds into consideration.

Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aanker View Post
    I hardly believe that if it came down to a poll on rule breaking, the dwarves would be outvoted, Sama. The fact of the matter is that most people here - or at least I hope so - are able to judge neutrally on rule violations and not take existing alliances and bonds into consideration.
    I think to many people are biased one way or another, tbqh.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

This game needs nuclear arms. If things went well, everyone would refuse to attack each other, thus there'd be no complaining. If things went badly, everyone's lands would be worthless, and thus there'd be no need to trespass or tp to them to complain about.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Vicarius

I would accidently blow gondor up with them...

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

No one would let selukon near their bases

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast