Thread: umh... where are the UI files?

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default umh... where are the UI files?

hail, oh glorious EB-Team!!!

first of all: even though this is 'only' the beta version, EB is... *gasp* i just... can't... apprehend the greatness of this mod. it's tremendous, it's epic, it's fantasitc *slobber* it's just making me really horny and...

where did you put the UI files in? they don't seem to exist. i have searched for '#germanic_infantry_gastiz.tga', which should actually exist, but it isn't there. i tried to supplement the missing unit cards and text files for some sveboz unit's that apparantly should have the same unit cards as some similar looking units. i.e. mercenary riddoharjoz = riddoharjoz and ferulharjoz=gastiz. i'd also like to implement some RTR units, thence i'd need to know what you've done with the orthodox file structure.

thx & regards

swab
    Last edited by swabian; January 12, 2006 at 03:21 PM.

you pak'ed it all? why??? O_O

Well, that would be because the skins and models are the property of the skinners and modellers, as well as the team. Permission ought to be asked of the people who made them, and those who directed their making and provided the details.

Please do not double post! - Trajan

If you want to use something, PM me, and I'll talk to the individual who made it, and the rest of the team, then email you the model if they give their permission. Not really a bad deal, eh?
    Last edited by Trajan; January 20, 2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

depends...

are those properties judicially protected? could i see a valid online version of the contract please?

Please do not double post! - Trajan

as i said... i just want to supplement the missing unit cards and maybe add a little bit for my personal use. i have no ambition to publish anything. and i'd never dare to significantly change the game due to the respect for the work of the EB-team.
    Last edited by Trajan; January 20, 2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Nothing needs to be under any sort of written contract to be intellectual property. The contrary is a fairly common internet myth. If you are the author of a written work or the artist behind something, then you own it. Common law, we call it. The missing unit cards will be corrected in the next patch.

Like I said, just PM me, and we'll talk about it, this stuff will be done on a case by case basis until the team decides otherwise, as a team.

Doesn't that mean you could technically sell skins or models if you wanted to?

wellp, i don't need to take something out, but to put something in. i consequently ignore RTR as i saw the magnificience of Europa Barbarorum. and there is no othere comparable mod for this time period. so if i spend precious time with editing, i'm consequently going to edit the mod i simply like the most, which is - though uncomplete - Europa Barbarorum. due to patriotism and sympathy for warlordism and barbarism i have chosen the sveboz as my favourite faction. unfortunately this faction's units are missing some cards. in case you are not going to explain me how to implement stuff, there is no necessity to consider your suggestion. but thx though.
    Last edited by swabian; January 12, 2006 at 05:44 PM.

Well, don't bash RTR here. That is not something we take well. But, you seem to have a fear of sending me a PM. Make the unit cards, and if they're up the standard of the other EB unit cards, you'll see them in the next patch.

o.O

i didn't bash RTR nor do i have a fear to send you a pm. i just said that i like EB more than RTR, which is simply the truth.

however, i'm finished here, thx.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGunman
    Doesn't that mean you could technically sell skins or models if you wanted to?
    Assuming they aren't based off of CA's or anyone else's skins/models, yes.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Artifex

I believe we'll have caught all of the missing UIs in the upcoming patch.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

do i still need the pak files after extracting them? seems like those files are redundant in the pak folder by default.

Please do not double post!!! Edit your previous post using the edit button. - Trajan

okokok!!!

Edit: obviously not. and you obviously just deleted the unpacked files in order to save space.

Edit: have added 6 germanic, 3 sarmatian, 3 iberian, 2 macedon, 2 greek, 3 seleucid units from RTR 6.2 and SPQR to EB. introduced 0 turn recruitment, reduced costs by 50% (ship costs by 66%), increased population growth by 2% (3& for barbarians) and increased the lethality values and speed factors & implemented pompous music. those elements, together with eb's creative and professional brilliance give an incredibly fascinating and entertaining mod with spectacular and brutal battles, mhhhhheheheheee. i just can't stop playing... jesus christ i played the whole friggin' night until now and still don't want to stop. i have to force myself to have a breakfast ((O))_((O))
    Last edited by swabian; January 21, 2006 at 07:04 AM.