Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Gift to the Community...

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: A Gift to the Community...

Freaking awesome. Thank you.
    Last edited by Quinn Inuit; January 26, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

All credits go to the RSII team for making this enviroment available (and the climates map). Again thank you very much!

This is my attempt of climates map of RSII for RTR-PE. I tried to mimic the correct climates according to the map by trial and error (painting the majority of the map with one colour to see what comes up) and in some places (the Balkans) i just copied, resized accordingly, and pasted the RSII climates map, and apparently this is as close as i could get for it. The only questionmark areas are India and Meso[IMG][/IMG]potamia. I'm sorry for the previous question (I had not gone into deep thoughts for it) as it seems that the vegetation that spawns up in each place after installation does not depend on the climates map but it is generated (rather complex). I only know how to use image editors quite well, I'm not a modeler or a programmer to be able to change the vegetation in India (sorry for that).

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6...sforrtrpev.png

Please don't double post, use the edit button next time. Thanks/ MarcusTullius
    Last edited by MarcusTullius; January 30, 2011 at 06:14 AM.

it seems to not work in XGM's campaign... it crashes and says a hole bunch of files dont exist from the terrian and models_strat folders...

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

a hooray for the RSII team!

Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne View Post
    it seems to not work in XGM's campaign... it crashes and says a hole bunch of files dont exist from the terrian and models_strat folders...
    I think you have to tweak it to get it to work in something mod-foldered. Sadly, I've not yet figured out how.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    I think you have to tweak it to get it to work in something mod-foldered. Sadly, I've not yet figured out how.
    Modfoldered mods typically replace many of the files that are in the main RTW 'data' folder. What you need to do is install the new environment in the Main data folder (as instructed), and then make sure that any file in the modfoldered campaign (like descr_cultures.txt, for example) are ALSO replaced in the modfoldered campaign with the new environment version. So, if any files in the modfolder are ALSO in the new environment data folder, make sure you replace those as well.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

yes i got it to work now, thank you DVK901, you were right, and it works in the campaign now. my only other concern is the climates. such as the swamps and some of the deserts having snow in the winter. what could i do to fix this?

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

This is really awesome - there is still some juice in vanilla left

EDIT: tone, could you do this for Alex also?

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    I just tried to put this in vanilla and apart from some odd coloured strat map sea around the uk, it looks pretty good- i might even be tempted to play vanilla again .

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sry for the double post.

[Apology accepted ....posts merged!/ MarcusTullius]

@Brittanicus, what files did you change to get those textures into vanilla?
    Last edited by MarcusTullius; February 04, 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Basiliscus View Post
    Sry for the double post.

@Brittanicus, what files did you change to get those textures into vanilla?
    See my PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Modfoldered mods typically replace many of the files that are in the main RTW 'data' folder. What you need to do is install the new environment in the Main data folder (as instructed), and then make sure that any file in the modfoldered campaign (like descr_cultures.txt, for example) are ALSO replaced in the modfoldered campaign with the new environment version. So, if any files in the modfolder are ALSO in the new environment data folder, make sure you replace those as well.
    Good to know, thanks.

Hey guys, i made this climate map for the Mundus Magnus map so that the new environments can be used for that mod and other mods, such as XGM, that use that same map.

http://www.filefront.com/17895396/map_climates.tga/

I would like to note that most credit for this climate map should go to dvk901, because if it wasnt for him, i would'nt have known what the heck i was doing.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Thanks a lot for this
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

For modders who want to create a mod-foldered installation, you can pack all the files placed in the main Data folder (from this multi-mod) to the \data\packs\mod_0.pak (in your mod folder). By using vercingetorix' tool "xpack".
    I confirm these new environments work that way, and it allows you to keep the installation of your mod completely modfoldered.

Hey how do u edit this in the map editor, and how do u use the map editor? i wanted to make a rise of Parthia mod, but i was a little uneasy on how to do this using this campaign map. I have tried using the map editor but i cant figure it out Any help would be appreciated and a tutorial lin for the map editor! Thanks and good work RS 2 teem you guys deserve to be payed for all the work you've done

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by RomeModder View Post
    Hey how do u edit this in the map editor, and how do u use the map editor? i wanted to make a rise of Parthia mod, but i was a little uneasy on how to do this using this campaign map. I have tried using the map editor but i cant figure it out Any help would be appreciated and a tutorial lin for the map editor! Thanks and good work RS 2 teem you guys deserve to be payed for all the work you've done
    I think you need to add 'enable_editor' to the RTW command line, then an option shows on the menu to use the battle\map editor.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

i am talking about the campaign map

Patrician

Well, in that case, you need a graphics program like Gimp or Paintshop to edit the .tga files that make up the map. The map can't be edited by anything in RTW.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

I'd like to say thanks to the RSII team for making this available, I am using it for EB and it is a truly beautiful thing. It had turned rather odd feeling vegetation graphics into a realistic looking world, and the fact that you guys have shared this with the entire RTW modding community is truly fantastic.

Fable's Avatar Tiro

Any news on getting this into m2tw?

@dvk what`s the point of including the descr_cultures? I see there are some spacings changed and that the costs of some watchtowers and characters have been changed, but none of these can have anything to do with the environment to my mind.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast