Thread: Please Refresh My Memory...

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

Default Please Refresh My Memory...

...as the Roman factions don't have the blacksmith building in SPQR, what buildings trigger the availabilty of weapons and armor upgrades - just the barracks?

Thanks,
    Barkhorn.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

none, you don't get them as Roman factions, nor do you get any of the temple upgrades (except bonuses to help keep the population happy)
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Well then, that's probably why I didn't see them!

Barkhorn.

You can actually get upgraded armor. This can only occur if you lose a settlement, and later your citizens revolt. Most often, your own citizens will have gold armor (even if its townwatch). That is the only way in SPQR there is any upgrades to units other than experience.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

can you capture an AI settlement that already has such things and then use them for yourself?

can't remember whether the AI gets to build weaponsmith/armourer either....
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

No Romans will no get ANY bonuses from Enemy buildings infact if you look at the readme which is posted and will answer most questions, Enemy buildings will HURT the Roma pplayer as the counter any bonuses you get and in essence give you negative bonuses. lol So you get a culture penalty and Negative bonuses. I think its wise to rebuild most buildings in the city if you are roman and destroy the faction specific buildings like taverns etc.

I dont this to Romanize the Colony you take, and it works. Maybe thats why some have a hard time with revolts and money, they are not destroying the buildings. lol Read the README. ;-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    I think its wise to rebuild most buildings in the city if you are roman and destroy the faction specific buildings like taverns etc.
    I agree w/ the approach here as I play as follows after a city capture;
    - enslave the populace - it actually works out to about 50% of the pop. - gives you some $$ and calms the rest of them down for awhile
    - destroy all faction specific buildings temples/taverns, etc. - gives you some $$
    - IMMEDIATLY build a temple to Jupiter and repair any walls or other structures that may have suffered damage in a siege.
    - slowly reduce your garrison over time as you build more infrastructer.

Barkhorn.