Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Update:English voices for CoW 1.51

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: English voices for CoW 1.5

They certainly can't speak anything intelligible by other races, which is why grunts and screams would be more suitable. Unless a gutteral unintelligible talking sound pack could be sourced or made. Like I said though it's not a big deal.

Rapidshare is so bad.. 31,0 kB/sec - 4,4 MB of 347 MB, 3 hours left.

Can someone provide another mirror?

I can't even download the file.... it says

The following download is not available:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1874214..._cow_v0.4.9.7z | 364.13 MB

The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons:

• The uploader deleted the file.
    • The file contained illegal contents and was deleted from our servers by our Anti-Abuse team.
    • The link is incorrect.
    • The server is busy and can not process the request.

Probably rapidshare blocked in some countries.
    I add mirror later, don't worry guys.

Thanks Galloper i was really looking forward to using your sub-mod!

guys i downloaded the file but there is a problem when i try to open it! it says that it is impossible to open the file! now i will try to download it again
    HAPPY 150° BIRTHDAY ITALY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rici View Post
    guys i downloaded the file but there is a problem when i try to open it! it says that it is impossible to open the file! now i will try to download it again
    You need 7zip to extract archive.
    Take it here:
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    It's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Thank you for your effort.

Just a small point and not a big deal, but I don't think trolls should talk. Grunts and screams similar to Third Age trolls would be better suited in my opinion. I'll see what I can do myself if I have time. Probably change the pitch, speed etc of the battle for middle earth troll sounds. Not sure if I can implement myself though, I've only added music not entirely new sounds.

Will the wheel sound for tiranoc chariot work with my beastman tuskgor chariot? Just copy the 'accent' entry?
    I think you'll be satisfied how trolls are talking

You need to activate your chariot by editing
    descr_sounds_units_march
    descr_sounds_units_run
    descr_sounds_weapons (if you want hear slicing sound when your chariot ran over an enemy)

Just search for "chariot" and add unit name from EDU and mounts to already existing entries using a comma.
    When you finished delete events.dat and events.idx in sounds folder to apply your changes.
    Last edited by Galloper; February 21, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

[QUOTE=Galloper;11068945]You need 7zip to extract archive.
    Take it here:
    It's free.
    [QUOTE=Galloper;11068945]

i already have 7zip, i tried to open the file with this program but it doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper View Post
    You need 7zip to extract archive.
    Take it here:
    It's free.
    I already have it. I tried to open the file using this program but it doesn't work.
    sorry for the double post but i had problem with the "quote"

Quote Originally Posted by rici View Post
    I already have it. I tried to open the file using this program but it doesn't work.
    sorry for the double post but i had problem with the "quote"
    Maybe the download was corrupted?

Prob Download it again when Galloper uploads a new mirror... i am waiting for that mirror too!

Download link to gamefront added to first post.

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

@Galloper: tried your submod for the first time...can't imagine, played CoW without yours, rep to ya...i love this community, really...i love ya...a place where different nations without borders changing their thoughts and work, speaking, laughing together, don't get me wrong, i am in no way hippie ;-) i am just proud to be here, have a nice day...
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Maybe the download was corrupted?

Prob Download it again when Galloper uploads a new mirror... i am waiting for that mirror too!
    problem solved. i downloaded the file again and now works!
    great voices!

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Icon12 Re: English voices for CoW 1.5

It's not save game compatible but worth it!

Edit:
    Seems that it were two random ctds and it is save compatible.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; February 21, 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks alot, I was waiting for this to be released before giving 1.5 a shot.

Default Re: English voices for Call of Warhammer

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper View Post
    You want to record audio yourself right? If yes you can try record voices for Slaanesh and Tzeentch. For reference look into export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice file. This file run voices of characters like general, army, diplomat on strategic map.
    Nurgle already implemented on strat map, battle map voices will be later.
    I've already looked in stratmap_voice, units_voice and soldier_voice files and understood the basics. Now, I'll start working on Tzeentch first since he is my favorite chaos gods anyway.

I've asked you earlier, because I assumed you're going to be specific. If this is the case, I'll record any dialog that I liked but I still need you to be a little more specific, mighty Galloper.

After I checked out what you did in units_voice, I see you're using a supposed-to-be-generic 'chaos' unit response for basic khorne units and use special voiceset for the champions and others. I'd like to know if you're going to give other chaos factions these basic 'chaos' voicesets too or you gonna use new specific voicesets for the basic units.

I've already searched and thought up some lines for tzeentch for a while and now I have about 20 lines of them. I'll also gonna rip some voicesets from some games to this cause.

Tzeentch speaks though me, a thousand secrets could be yours.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Finally got to download it thanks to the new link.

Can you tell me what you added to descr_projectile? I have coded in new projectiles for everything for my submod and need to understand what changed so I don't break any sounds.

Just saw that 1.5 is out!!!! Thanks Galloper!!!

This mod rocks and brings the game to a whole new level of immersion! I saw that there was a new export_descr_unit file in the download, it is necessary?

Thanks for kind words everyone, I appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.InTeLeX View Post
    I've already looked in stratmap_voice, units_voice and soldier_voice files and understood the basics. Now, I'll start working on Tzeentch first since he is my favorite chaos gods anyway.

I've asked you earlier, because I assumed you're going to be specific. If this is the case, I'll record any dialog that I liked but I still need you to be a little more specific, mighty Galloper.

After I checked out what you did in units_voice, I see you're using a supposed-to-be-generic 'chaos' unit response for basic khorne units and use special voiceset for the champions and others. I'd like to know if you're going to give other chaos factions these basic 'chaos' voicesets too or you gonna use new specific voicesets for the basic units.

I've already searched and thought up some lines for tzeentch for a while and now I have about 20 lines of them. I'll also gonna rip some voicesets from some games to this cause.

Tzeentch speaks though me, a thousand secrets could be yours.
    Let me explain: all voices divided for strategic map and battle map.
    Strategic voices easier to implement because we don't need much variety for them,so I advice you focus on strategical voices first. There are two main characters: General and Army. They needed voices for different situations like atacking, moving, selecting, building forts, ambushing etc.
    All this situations you can check in export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice. This help you understand what sounds you need to search. Don't look on my code because it's difficult to understand, better to look into vanilla code(for example German accent). The filenames pretty self explanatory, and you can always unpack Mediveal sound packs.
    Basically we need no less then 4(more is better) variations for selection, moving, attacking and confirmation with 2 different voices in good quality.
    Sounds which you already found used for chaos priest (he represented as chaos mage on strategic map) and in my opinion it's not very tzeentch specific and it's ok for priest not for general or army, because these characters are warriors
    If you are more interested in battle map voices for specific units it's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Finally got to download it thanks to the new link.

Can you tell me what you added to descr_projectile? I have coded in new projectiles for everything for my submod and need to understand what changed so I don't break any sounds.
    I cnanged effect set for lighting_tzeentch. Actually it's not so important if you don't apply mine descr_projectile you'll lost only magic fly sound for chaos mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbles View Post
    This mod rocks and brings the game to a whole new level of immersion! I saw that there was a new export_descr_unit file in the download, it is necessary?
    Yes, absolutely.