Page 1 of 351 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Battlefield 3

Any takers? For the moment we don't know much except that it's a sort of continuation of Bad Company 2 in the modern warfare gameplay. We have a new engine for this, the Frostbite 2.0, which is the improved version of Bad Company 2, so that means more and more destruction

Whatever happens, I'm VERY VERY EXCITED about this game. I seriously can't wait for this.

http://enterbf3.com/portal.php

Should provide some quick information about the game, but so far the first screens we can expect maybe in March or April.

PC Gamer June '11 Preview

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/08/e3...ds-on-preview/

E3 Gameplay videos

Battlefield 3 Premium launch trailer.

http://www.facebook.com/battlefield?ref=ts
    Last edited by Basileos Leandros I; June 04, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Default Re: Battlefield 3

I can't wait for this game. Shooters have been fairly disappointing lately and this game should be at least decent plus EA is proving to be a good publisher again, supporting their products after release proving that with BC2.

BC2 we get plenty of new/free maps all the time and the expansion was only $15 and they actually patch the game consistently. I can't wait to see what they do with BF3.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Hooray for more destruction
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Modern warfare gameplay? Meh.

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Hooray for more destruction
    What else can we destroy?

I hope there is ships though for coastal maps though... and artillery with a targeting system but doesnt show where enemies are
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Joe View Post
    Modern warfare gameplay? Meh.
    No, modern warfare as in the theme, not MW gameplay
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

DimondLight's Avatar Senator

I really hope they focus solely on PC gaming, screw consoles.
    Proud American

BF1942, BF2, BF2142, Bad Company 2 .. loved them all.
    can't wait for BF3, especially since it's taking elements from Bad Company 2 and integrating it into the large maps that are the bread and butter of Battlefield.

i'm also glad that EA is *SUPPOSEDLY* giving DICE some breathing room when it comes to development, so they can make a better game. crossing my fingers so incredibly hard here.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I would like some more customization options than in BF2. That's one of the things where BC2 had the right idea.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Customization options, where did BC2 have that?
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Different loadouts giving the same class very different roles.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

yeah, that was cool, I remember how they did it in 2142, twas pretty good too, but BC2 is the way to go.
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    No, modern warfare as in the theme, not MW gameplay
    I was talking about theme as well. This whole "marines fighting generic insurgents in a generic middle eastern setting" theme is so overdone.

Comes Domesticorum

Hopefully since this is branded as a pure Battlefield title, it will feature many vehicles, large maps, and 64 player battles.

Obviously since it's vanilla BF it's going to be more arcade oriented, but hopefully there will be some good realism mods, especially by PR. We need some good counterinsurgency combat out there, killing Russians is so boring and easy.

Is Frostbite engine even modable?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Comes Domesticorum

Well, if it's not, BF3 will be pretty bad long-term.

People are still playing BF42 through mods, last I checked.

considering that servers in Bad Company 2, although dedicated, are still from a predetermined list of EA-trusted providers, i doubt that modding will be supported.

however, read the following: http://kotaku.com/5485700/bad-compan...ding-community

i would take that with a grain of salt. developers say a lot of things.
    Last edited by snuggans; December 29, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Hopefully since this is branded as a pure Battlefield title, it will feature many vehicles, large maps, and 64 player battles.

Obviously since it's vanilla BF it's going to be more arcade oriented, but hopefully there will be some good realism mods, especially by PR. We need some good counterinsurgency combat out there, killing Russians is so boring and easy.
    The PR team are working on mods for ARMA II as well as creating a whole new game based on some indie engine, aptly named 'Project Reality 2' (the game, not the engine - I forget the engine's name). Apparently this way it'll allow them more freedom to create exactly what they want without having the restrictions of the Frostbite engine or other.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    The PR team are working on mods for ARMA II as well as creating a whole new game based on some indie engine, aptly named 'Project Reality 2' (the game, not the engine - I forget the engine's name). Apparently this way it'll allow them more freedom to create exactly what they want without having the restrictions of the Frostbite engine or other.
    Oh cool, that's interesting. Still, I think that if BF3 allows for modding (which it definitely should considering the success of mods for BF1 and BF2) there will be some "realistic modern combat" mod, maybe not PR though.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeah, for sure, I mean I haven't played BF2 in a while, but last I checked PR and FH2 were its most popular mods, so if the PR team doesn't take up the reigns of realism I'm sure someone else will.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)