Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Curia Hall Of Fame

Default The Curia Hall Of Fame

A Thread Listing All Those Who Were Of Great Service To The Curia.

Paul - Founder Of TWC

Hexagon

Borispavlovgrozny - Founder and Writer of the First Syntagma. Respected Triumvir and Former Admin.
    -The Syntagma of borispavlovgrozny: SYNTAGMA
    - Boris also initiated Amendment I, II, IV. Boirs is also leader of the House of Borispavlovgrozny.

Siblesz - Triumvir and Webmaster to TWC. He played an essential part in the day to day running of the site while also keeping the Curia Alive. Author Of Mi Lucia and the TWC Weekly. Leader of the House of Siblesz.

Trobolov - former Admin who was promoted after boris' first (of many) resignations, he later stpped down from his post, and then retired altogether from staff after the Civil War. he was replaced, by BorisPavlovGrozny

GodEmperor Nicholas - Triumvir and Head of Moderation, founder of the Tribunal and the "House of GodEmperor Nicholas" He was the Voice of justice in the curia.

the Black Prince - Triumvir and former Admin, after his removal he became the voice of the Curia and the defender of the Syntagma. He also has many amendments to his name. His most common title is "Leader of the Opposition" he is also"Leader of the Royal House of the Black Prince"

Spartan - Consul/Dictator in the 2005 hacker attack Spartan Suspended the Curia and helped save the site in its time of Crisis. Spartan is a member of the house of Siblesz. He was also Given the title of Consul

Sulla - Founder and Writer of the Second Syntagma "Constitution" Sulla saved the site from the hacker attacks along with Spartan. Sulla initiated Imperial reforms and was awarded the title Imperator. Sulla is a member of the "House of WBK" He is Founder of the Praefecti Preatorio and Cohortes Praetoria.
    - Sullas Constitution: The Constitution

Smack - Appointed Consul By Sulla. Member of the House of Siblesz.

Archer Appointed Imperial Consul By Sulla and acting Imperator. Archer Suspended the Constitution and headed the The Decemvirate Panel. Initiator of the reforms and new Constitution.

Justinian First ever elected Syntagma Curator and Triumvir.

The Bavarian Noble - Appointed Pro Curator By Archer with Simetrical. Appointed Imperial Consul by Archer.

The Decemvirate Panel
    Writers of the Current Constitution - Constitution

Simetrical - Appointed Pro Curator By Sulla and later Archer.

Lucius Vorenus - Appointed Pro Curator by Archer on Friday 13th January 2006

Profler - Co founder of many aspects of Sulla's Constitution, former "Keeper of the Patricians" and Praetor. Initiated many reforms in the old constitution.

Wild Bill Kelso - Founder of the House of WBK

Manji - Founder of the House of Manji

Wilpuri - Founder of the House of Wilpuri

MareNostrum - Founder of La Cosa Nostrum

Grimsta - Writing the most Controversial thread in TWC History.

Squeakus Maximus - First to ever reach 10000 Posts.

Important threads in the History Of the Curia:

The Vote and Ratification of the First Syntagma
    First recorded Praetor Nominations
    Civitates
    The Fall of the First Triumvirate
    The Return Of Boris
    tBP Incident
    Frood's Resignation
    A new Praetor
    Lord Tomyris's Resignation
    New Quaestors

Staff April Prank -

April 1st Planning
    The End (Sel's resignation)
    Answering the Beckon
    Resignation of H&G
    Resignation of Lusted
    Ostrakon Thread (in the Proth.)
    The Ostrakon of Crandar Thread(in the Proth.)
    It is April in Israel...

A Year Ago - The Hacker Attacks.

The First Exile of LV
    Last edited by Belisarius; May 13, 2006 at 07:19 PM.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Pinned.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

This List will be continually updated.
    Once Justinian and the others do something noteworthy?

Quote Originally Posted by D-503
    Once Justinian and the others do something noteworthy?
    How about this? I'm the only senior staff who's been elected twice. In fact I might be the only staff elected twice.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian
    How about this? I'm the only senior staff who's been elected twice. In fact I might be the only staff elected twice.

Nope.. I was elected twice as well
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Vorenus
    The Decemvirate Panel
    Writers of the Current Constitution - Constitution
    Oh snap, I am of great service to the Curia(of course only with the help of the rest of the panel, but still).

Nice thread LV. :wink:
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Lucius Vorenus, fantastic and long-overdue work!

Let's add: Long serving staff members who did well in Junior positions.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    Lucius Vorenus, fantastic and long-overdue work!

Let's add: Long serving staff members who did well in Junior positions.

In time mate, You must do something truly great or official to get onto this thread, not even I am on this thread.
    Its like a goal, enter the hall of fame lol.

Hmm Since the idea of voting in senatorii isnt going well we can nominate and vote in people into this thread?Just an idea..
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

Hmm Since the idea of voting in senatorii isnt going well we can nominate and vote in people into this thread?Just an idea..
    now there's a good idea, I like that one, gives me what I was proposing in the Senatorii thread. Allows us to honour people without changing what senatorii are for (which would be a pain as Senatorii have specific roles all through the syntagma).

Would we just propose people in this thread and then everyone agree/disagree (which could get messy) or open a new thread for a vote?

by the by, why some people in red and rest in black?
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

Red was the colour they had as Admins, like SIm and TBN are Green. The Black are groups really. Though I think I'll Give WBK etc their former colour.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

In time mate, You must do something truly great or official to get onto this thread, not even I am on this thread.
    Its like a goal, enter the hall of fame lol.

Lol, I don't want to be on there.

I was a modder and a poor one at that :wink:
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalwithdrawal
    now there's a good idea, I like that one, gives me what I was proposing in the Senatorii thread. Allows us to honour people without changing what senatorii are for (which would be a pain as Senatorii have specific roles all through the syntagma).

Would we just propose people in this thread and then everyone agree/disagree (which could get messy) or open a new thread for a vote?

by the by, why some people in red and rest in black?
    You could probably do new threads.

Wow, I really like the Important threads in the History Of the Curia section. Losing lots of time I should be spending moderating...

EDIT: Hmm, reading old threads, wondering why Portuguese Rebel isn't a senatorii, Anyone know?
    Last edited by Fabolous; January 15, 2006 at 07:22 PM.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Historical accident. He was one of the ones who raised an outcry during the hacker incident, and he got demoted and banned for his troubles. Those who came back, such as Manji, eventually got re-promoted, but I guess we've all just forgotten about PR.
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Simetrical
    Historical accident. He was one of the ones who raised an outcry during the hacker incident, and he got demoted and banned for his troubles. Those who came back, such as Manji, eventually got re-promoted, but I guess we've all just forgotten about PR.
    Poor PR. He should be changed. Eh, something came out of reading all those old threads. Suprising...

Portuguese Rebel is and will always be Senator in absentia, so to speak.

Meh, so much history compressed into a couple of people who had such a "short" stay here....
    浪人 - 二天一

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Manji
    Portuguese Rebel is and will always be Senator in absentia, so to speak.

Meh, so much history compressed into a couple of people who had such a "short" stay here....
    Yeah. Soon they'll forget about us as we fade and are buried in the sands of time.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Some I remember, some of it I do not. Though i disagree with 2 people on the list, it is a grand list, a list worthy of our great Hero's of the Curia. The time of the old Curia has passed, and even though I loved it dearly, probably more than this one, I've accepted it is gone for good. This thread brings back old memories, of members and posts.

Grand job Lucius

Yo, my friend, yo.

Time to point your finger and say loudly "Ota pikkuhousut pois ja pyllistä, lutka!"
    浪人 - 二天一

i propose that the Helios Editor GrimSta be included on the Role of Honour, for posting what may be considered the most controversial thread in TWC history, perhaps falling only behind, Siblesz's removal of tBP thread and Lord Tomyris RTW Demo thread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast