Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Default Re: [GS] HotSeat Recruitment- Sign up for a new HotSeat here!

Looking for any Retrofit mod Hotseat campaign thanks.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

The only Retrofit mod hotseats currently going is the Grand Campaign 2 and Age of Rivalries. So far there is no plan hosting a new Retrofit hotseat, but if there is interest it can be arranged later. I advise you to check this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-HotSeat-here!

You can find any current open spots in our running hotseats.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Creation of New Hotseats and short announcement

Hex moderating HS threads, first time, ever? I feel special. Don't see why my Gif is deleted, completely relevant to the subject.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Grand Campaign 2 RetrofitMP - Scotland - Controls all of Britain and most of France. Allied to HRE and fighting Portugal, it is a manual battle hs so some experience in manual battles would be preferred.

Looking for help.

I have downloaded the Rule Britannia in an attempt to make a way to get the hotseat function to work but it crashes everytime a hotseat is loaded

download link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ersion-History

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by saleska2; September 03, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

You might want to post in the workshop...

Default Re: Discussion: The Four Kings 2

Let me use this topic for one more thing. Most people didn't like the idea of surrounding armies, but I think ArBo made a very good point:

I personally like surrounding being allowed, a point many of you seem to have missed is that it makes cavalry a much more viable choice, which is refreshing to say the least in an AR HS. And anyway, the situation in which the rule applies (which is, your army being out in the field and able to be defeated by an opponent) is one you'll want to avoid anyway, so you're punished harder for your mistakes but for the rest the effects are small.
    And I think I have a very good fix/change. Killing by surrounding allowed but only if every army has at least one non-general cavalry unit.

If your opponent is in the open field, you need 8 cavalry units. Now it might be good to recruit and keep cavalry. If you left your army in open, you should also check if there is enough enemy cavalry nearby - an extra way to ensure your troops safety.

We don't count generals because sometimes you have lots of them anyway. It's about a decision to recruit and maintain a lot of cavs (weaker and more expensive than infantry).

What do you think?

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

There is an open spot in A New World SS hotseat. Poland is open and recommended for anyone. Strong economy and military, ready to wage wars. Allies with Norway and at war with Venice, who currently tries to take lands in former HRE territory. If you are interested post in the thread or message me.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

For those wondering the 2017 HS Award winners will be announced in the coming days, Asap, I'm just getting everything sorted.

Hello is anybody interested in starting a hotseat?

I would join something standard-ish (not some new mod to learn).

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Patch 1.4 for TES (by the official dev team)is out http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-1-4-released!

Tho, wait with starting new hotseats until I check it out and upgrade 1.31 to 1.5 (few weeks), so we are not using 5 different versions of TES in the same time again. Your computers will thank you

I recently started working on falcomtw3 again. Its a full world map but it has quite a few flaws. Ill be taking my sweet time because of school but its just so y'all know.

Ill be giving some areas alot more regions, think of Russia and Australia. Europe will be less crowded and ill also do quite some bugfixes. Might try and change some of the terrain and textures aswell. Sadly there seems to be no way to break the settlement limit/faction limit tho so thats a shame

as the recently acknowledged Most Feared Commander, I'm considering writing a guide to advanced hotseat tactics, since all the guides I'm aware of mostly just cover the basics

I am the Air Bud of Total War

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mZjhGtH3A/edit

not quite the extensive guide I mean to write eventually, but my five most infamous tactics at least

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ventos Mustel View Post
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...mZjhGtH3A/edit

not quite the extensive guide I mean to write eventually, but my five most infamous tactics at least
    All that nonsense is allowed in default section? Just seeing a list of exploits that would be disallowed in Westeros. As the Most Feared Commander of Westeros (yes i'm making fun of the title), i would only see an opportunity to use a much larger list of exploits if that sort of playstyle is acceptable here. No wonder the default section GS cheat in Westeros

I'm now imagining what would happen if i listed the exploits that i know and dont use as "tips admins dont want you to know", atleast i'd be expecting is a jolly good foot up the rear, maybe even removal from all hotseats considering admins would from then on would have a nightmare keeping track of stuff. (Thank god for the Admin Faction in Westeros)
    Last edited by Parafix; September 16, 2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    All that nonsense is allowed in default section? Just seeing a list of exploits that would be disallowed in Westeros. As the Most Feared Commander of Westeros (yes i'm making fun of the title), i would only see an opportunity to use a much larger list of exploits if that sort of playstyle is acceptable here. No wonder the default section GS cheat in Westeros

I'm now imagining what would happen if i listed the exploits that i know and dont use as "tips admins dont want you to know", atleast i'd be expecting is a jolly good foot up the rear, maybe even removal from all hotseats considering admins would from then on would have a nightmare keeping track of stuff. (Thank god for the Admin Faction in Westeros)

Not exactly. Every exploit that isnt allowed is clearly stated, this includes plenty of the ones from Ventos.

Also the exploits that Ventos calls "The Slip" and "The bounce" have been allowed and used in westeros plenty of times. Aside from that westeros just isnt as used to naval AR as main I believe.

We play on maps that are far more complicated, have more use of agents, more traits, different kind of units, different navies, different movement, more impactfull generals, actually having to make buildings, use siege weapons which also have multiple types. It is natural that sooner or later new exploits get found, we just find so much that we now list them all instead of having to tell every newblood again and again when he tries.
    Last edited by saleska2; September 16, 2017 at 11:32 AM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Perhaps it is the complexity of the main section that elicits greater skill and creativity of thought in order for players to achieve victory
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Perhaps it is the complexity of the main section that elicits greater skill and creativity of thought in order for players to achieve victory
    I know how to gain admin passwords for every hotseat i'm in, no HS states it's not allowed and is technically an exploit with game engine and mechanics, doesnt mean it should be allowed

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    I'd bet 10$ "best" Westeros players will lose to 80% of the main section in any HS where agents and siege weapons are allowed as it requires more braincells to win it