Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    I think I don't get the tank picture...

But I "know" who is Hali Burton, it's allready said that he is sponsoring american soliders...
    Wikipedia, Tonno, wikipedia. Halliburton They don't sponsor soldiers, just the war!

And Fernandez you need Scopes.http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Fernandez_1492's Avatar Vicarius

mW3 on xbox with live?

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"A Ministry of Energy official in Uganda, Thomas Male, was quoted as saying that the three discovered fields in western Uganda have reserves of between 100 million and 300 million barrels. According to ‘Associated Press’, nor sooner than the discovery of oil was rumoured than wealthy Ugandans started scrambling to buy land in areas where exploration of oil is taking place."

Are you ing kidding me???
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

kony is being used as a go to guy. it will give reason to un or us to occupy. they will say something like" o well we r here to protect the people from kony or rebels. what they will be protecting is the oil people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandez_1492 View Post
    kony is being used as a go to guy. it will give reason to un or us to occupy. they will say something like" o well we r here to protect the people from kony or rebels. what they will be protecting is the oil people.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Its not like they haven't done it before. Iraq, Afganistan and now Libya are prime examples.
    Former administrator of "Heroes and Villains", "Days of Glory" and "Europa I"

Quote Originally Posted by Húrin the Steadfast View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Its not like they haven't done it before. Iraq, Afganistan and now Libya are prime examples.
    u can go even further than that, vietnam and desert storm. maybe even WWII. staged terror attacks are something this U.S. government has engaged in before. I just dont trust the current and past governments. That is why support Ron Paul. Anti war anti status quo. he is very aware of the military indistrial complex. we need to also understand the propaganda that is currently being pushed on us my the lamestrean media.

As suggested by Hermann Goering, Minister of Economics and Commander-in-chief of the air force of Nazi Germany, the successful propaganda techniques will be compared with respect to denunciation of the peacemakers, glorification of patriotism, and instillation of fear. Also, deemphasizing the significance of the international community, glorifying military might, creating detention centers for the blamed, and devaluing the loss of life will be explained through the lens of propaganda. All of these methods were successful in gaining wide-spread public support for aggressive military action in Nazi Germany and are successful also in contemporary America. There is a formula for effective war propaganda. Both the Nazi party and the Bush administration used and do use the same, successful, war propaganda techniques.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    While war propaganda has the potential to be successful, it requires the appropriate conditions. Under stable conditions, or when a country is happy, war propaganda is ineffective. The operative word is “correct” in Hitler’s quoted phrase, “the correct application of propaganda”. Propaganda is not inherently successful but can be if applied “correctly”. Of what exactly this correct application consists is answered in by Hermann Goering in conversation with his psychologist, Gustave Gilbert.
    [GG] We got around to the subject of war again and I said that, contrary to his attitude, I did not think that the common people are very thankful for leaders who bring them war and destruction.
    [HG]"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Goering shrugged. "Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship."
    [GG] "There is one difference," I pointed out. "In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."
    [HG] "Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Ejs_the_Just's Avatar Civis

I find it funny That Ron Paul is for cutting military and being Constitutional when the Constitution gives him no right to cut the military. Plus if 9/11 was staged Obama could of revealed that so people could furthermore attack Bush and Republicans, thus giving him more publicity and power. Don't start with that "Building 7" stuff either. If 2 hella tall towers get literally chopped in half with 2 planes and starts collapsing, those hundreds of tons of steel falling very quickly WILL penetrate other buildings.

As much as I hate so see people suffer, the U.S. shouldn't go to 3rd world Africa(Uganda) because once they "clean up the mess" some other child abusing, food storing, dictator will take power. The only way for Africa to get close to 'good' would be for it to have countries that cover a large area so 'tribal strifes' wouldn't ,mean as much.

Do you like assassins creed fernandez?

Quote Originally Posted by Ejs_the_Just View Post
    Do you like assassins creed fernandez?
    no

who interested in a small campaign hs? i would like to play in it, so if someone would volunteer to admin, i could help co admin it.

the mod i would like to use is ccm and it would be a small campaign. one with 7 regions or less.
    if ur interested sign up here and we could start off once we get at least 4 players. the factions will be chosen by random raffle website.

lol... put the mouse over my rep...

Yea I am gona be a prist...
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."

Quote Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
    lol... put the mouse over my rep...

Yea I am gona be a prist...
    qhy the sad face?

It should be some kind of sarcasm/irony cuz I sing up for that school and I don't wana be a prist (right now)... Plus I would be a Roman Catholic prist= if you know what I mean...

Uhh no i dont know what u mean :|

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i might be wrong (i'm orthodox ) but i think roman catholic priests can't marry and this might be the reason ?? and they can never :ifyouknowwhatimean:

Vasilefs's Avatar Domesticus

Where are you from vipman?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Romania. more exactly Botosani (NE corner of country). hope noone has something against romanians here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    Romania. more exactly Botosani (NE corner of country). hope noone has something against romanians here
    Well, it depends on the Romanian. This one is going to be the next ex-Mrs. Loose Cannon.
    Catrinel Menghia is yummy.

haha what if u become pope, aren't you a Medici anyway?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Ejs_the_Just View Post
    haha what if u become pope, aren't you a Medici anyway?
    First, you have to be Catholic. Second, as my Italian-American mother would say, you have to be fully Italian. You know the old joke-"Is the Pope catholic?" my mom would say
    No, he's a Polack (talking about JP2). The one we have now "is just a ing Nazi."

To bad you don't realy know how this Pope is awsome. He is not like the last one (not saying that he was a bad one), this german guy is all about Theology, and he will do good to the Church... Many accuse him of acting like a dictator or something (cuz he fired a lot of theologians and monks), but even I would be pissed at them if they say something like "St. Augustin is canonized" , or putting in use (or trying to give them a new breath) heresy that where beaten 1800 ago... (not beaten like purged on the stakes, beaten in councils)

I only hope that he will make thoes weak initiates a bit rougher to the new guys, so that stops any kind of fool in becomeing a prist.

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    The one we have now "is just aing Nazi."[/SPOILER]
    hahaha just about everyone in Nazi Germany was forced to "sign up" to some Nazi orginization or another. Therefore, everyone was a "ing Nazi" weather they liked it or not. To say a forced(against their free will) group of people were Nazi's isn't valid. Thats like saying the Kony child slaves like being part of his regime. Plus he was 14 at the time, giving him even less free will and ability to escape.