Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Hotseat Recruitment thread has gone crazily red (yellow actually) once again. Check out the spots http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...re!&p=15303525
    Last edited by Jadli; April 22, 2017 at 03:08 AM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I am back to smell the ashes. I will start to work on everything tomorrow.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [GS] HotSeat Recruitment- Sign up for a new HotSeat here!

THE BATTLE FOR EUROPE revived.

There have been a few legendary epic hotseats around here. Few have reached the end, most ave died an early end. And occasionally, a miracle happens

For 2 and a half years and 62 turns war raged over the world. Deceit, betrayal, and backstabbing was the course of events. Great victories and terrible losses back and forth across the map.
    Did you ever see Novgorod invade England-while 4 other factions stood between them?
    That was The Battle For Europe Go ahead see the wonder yourself. We will pick up in turn 63. Themzr will be playing Egypt but 5 (maybe 7) factions are available
    NOVGOROD
    ENGLAND
    VENICE
    MOORS
    HRE

POLAND & DENMARK may also be available. (I have to look at the last save) Of course, I'll be admin THIS TIME WE PLAY TO THE END.

The rules are in the old thread with only a change in the time. The first turn will be allowed to take 72 hours (you will need the time) and after that all turns will have a 48 hour time limit. Also, all players must send me their password before game start (so I can clear out the old and no one sees a cleared save of another faction). And, yes, we will do some role playing.

Now, who is man enough to conquer the world? PM me if yor interested. We will start after May 1st.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    THE BATTLE FOR EUROPE revived.

There have been a few legendary epic hotseats around here. Few have reached the end, most ave died an early end. And occasionally, a miracle happens

For 2 and a half years and 62 turns war raged over the world. Deceit, betrayal, and backstabbing was the course of events. Great victories and terrible losses back and forth across the map.
    Did you ever see Novgorod invade England-while 4 other factions stood between them?
    That was The Battle For Europe Go ahead see the wonder yourself. We will pick up in turn 63. Themzr will be playing Egypt but 5 (maybe 7) factions are available
    NOVGOROD
    ENGLAND
    VENICE
    MOORS
    HRE

POLAND & DENMARK may also be available. (I have to look at the last save) Of course, I'll be admin THIS TIME WE PLAY TO THE END.

The rules are in the old thread with only a change in the time. The first turn will be allowed to take 72 hours (you will need the time) and after that all turns will have a 48 hour time limit. Also, all players must send me their password before game start (so I can clear out the old and no one sees a cleared save of another faction). And, yes, we will do some role playing.

Now, who is man enough to conquer the world? PM me if yor interested. We will start after May 1st.
    im taking my Moors back then

edit: or lets ask first, whats the state of the moors. I dont wanna be playing a faciton that loses atm . for that i got no time

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

With the guilty and sorrow i must say that i'm done hotseating. Defeats aren't making me angry and victories aren't satisfying me anymore. I have no fun and i have no desire to play. Therefore i'm dropping all my hotseats. I will focus on my school and social life more. I don't want people to see me clicking same buttons (ctrl+s and ctrl+l) for hours anymore. I'm really sorry that i'm in too many hotseats and dropping them all at once will cause a small chaos here thinking zkarel also leaving the community slowly. I will send my admin passwords to GS and here is the list of hotseats i'm in. I will give brief infos about factions. I will give more info to player who will take it.

The True Kings - Venice
    Allied with Genoa. Recently destroyed Byzantium. In good position. Doesn't have chance to win the hotseat alone. But an alliance victory is looking possible.

Worldy Clash - Aragon Moors
    Have potential to win but nothing is certain.All map is already shared, players' moves will decide who will win.

A New World SS Hotseat - Portugal
    Hotseat is new. Fighting againts England.

GS Hotseat Italian Wars Newblood - Ottomans
    Has many allies.In a strong position.

Grand Campaign Manual battle HS - Scotland
    In a good situation. Allied with HRE, fighting againts Portugal.

Skip a few HS - Venice
    Hotseat is just started. Nothing settled. No enemies no allies.

RP HS Holy Roman Empire - Venice
    Supporting the current emperor as an Independent Faction. With the every battle losing power but winning the war.

Crusades - Antioch
    Allied with Jerusalem againts other 3 factions. Pushing Byzantium too hard yet have problems at east side againts Turks.

SS All Factions - Byzantium Norway
    Norway doesn't have much to do and Byzantium needs to get its power back.

The King of Kings - England
    Allied with Denmark and France againts whole world i guess. Victory is possible but quite diffucult.

Westeros A new Beginning - Tyrell
    Allied with Lannisters. Almost destroyed Martells. Main enemy is Renly.

Congratulations to Ramble for winning 1vs1 Tournament.
    I sent my admin passwords (which i don't have co-admin) to Soul as he is the chief of GS if i'm not wrong.
    I had great times here with all of you guys. I'm aware of the problem i will cause by dropping all of my hotseats at once but i'm done. I'm not planning to return, even if i want in future i will have guilty of leaving you 12 spots plus 3 admin spots so i won't return. I will be here for a while to inform new players about my factions, plans and secret agreements.
    Last edited by Jadli; April 26, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well given that Zender, Zkarel and Mith are leaving us creating new hotseats are on hold for undefined time.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon. View Post
    Well given that Zender, Zkarel and Mith are leaving us creating new hotseats are on hold for undefined time.
    Except for mine, because I'm special.

I've got a map for people to look at

Click on that baby and tell me you don't want to be England, Novgorod, or Venice (since Egypt and Moors are taken). This is a chance to go down with the great ones

Also, this game isn't new it's been on since February 2013. We just took a little break after the admin's soul was played like a sex-o-phone by Mephistopheles. Yes, TheDevil is actually quite female.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BFEmap59.jpg  

Gaming Emeritus

I meant your revival hotseat is the last one to be let open Loose for the time being.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

I will take on Zender's admin positions

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Im asking everyone who can edit the Recruitment page to post zenders hotseats so every admin wont be needed to spam it with their spots open

Gaming Emeritus

I updated the recruitment thread. There is a few spot that has been already taken or seems to be taken by others.

I will have a lot of spare time very soon so I should become quite damn active again like I used to be. Apologies for the last couple of weeks but I managed to sort things out

Gaming Emeritus

Well, the same actually goes for me, as next week should be last of my big exams, and the TES patch is also almost finished. Tho I believe I ve been pretty active anyway
    Last edited by Jadli; April 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM.

Hello would be a pleasure to join any hotseater group i am a pretty decent player and i would love to join into action or be invited on steam! Username: phil-x (Accountname philx2009) The anime figure from the Film "Summer Wars" in background picture.

Count me in as Byzantium if you want ^^

Gaming Emeritus

My laptop is fixed now, so I am back once again. Thank you to those who helped me out in my absence.

Hey everyone I'm hosting a new hot seat on my steam group, and I'd like to have some people from TWC come over and test their metal there.

It's a 14 player SS hs that uses basically all the good European factions.

Check it out:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/the...0128975741114/

Despite my absence I have been thinking of a new scenario for a HS and have decided to go with something new.

I will be preparing to host a HS with manual battles with player vs player. Now this has a huge amount of flaws and I have been working to resolve them. Ill give a short explanation.

Firstly, and most importantly: Armies have a requirement of amount of troops before being allowed to fight into battle. I am pretty sure I will put this to a full stack. This means that only fullstacks may be fought in manual player vs player battles. The idea is that a player prepares the army of his faction to fight. There will also be a minimum amount of men required and probably no more than 1 general. This way you prevent a huge amount of manual battles of player vs player and instead end up with a few very big battles that decide the HS. Armies with smaller numbers will likely be allowed to autoresolve tho an army must have a specific amount of troops to be allowed to fight at all(to prevent people from running 19 men). Currently im thinking of the following: Any army must have either 7/12 or 20 troops in it to fight a battle. Only armies with 20 troops in it may fight battles manually against other players.

Now of course this alone brings issues, I have thought about most of them already, feel free to contact me.

Aside from that the first HS will be on a small map and the HS will be very hardcore RP. Diplomacy has to be done 90% in the thread itself as all nations must be aware of official alliances, trade rights and stuff. Secret deals must be passed on to the admin. A faction is not allowed to attack a faction on the turn it declares war. To declare war a faction must write a formal declaration of war in the thread and have actual good reasons. Those reasons must be supported by RP.

Each faction also has its unique goals and unique events, these will be made up by the admin and are not allowed to be shared. For example: "The English player his goal is to destroy the France as the current English king despises the French culture" the player will have to RP about this, making an alliance with France in this situation will very likely not be allowed. However if the English king dies the English player may choose to have the new king very much like the French.

I will post way more detail soon enough.

To give an even shorter explanation:

HS with player vs player battles. The only battles fought are very large battles that have big impact on the war. Hardcore RP, realism.

If anyone is interested in this, contact me. The HS will likely be 6 players.

Gaming Emeritus

Nice.

Check my post in the rules thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15221455

There is already some kind of working system, tho its pretty complicated, but the most fair version that can be actually done I think. I can give you a steam account to one of those, who has participated in it. I wanted to use it, but had no time too...

I was thinking it might be interesting to be used in a team HS, so there would be more people to play battles too. Probably something like 3vs3, or 2vs2vs2, something like the first version of The Three Banners War, but in a smaller scale

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Despite my absence I have been thinking of a new scenario for a HS and have decided to go with something new.

I will be preparing to host a HS with manual battles with player vs player.
    Not new. In fact, it's the only way we played over at the org.
    Now this has a huge amount of flaws
    No, it dosen't.
    Firstly, and most importantly: Armies have a requirement of amount of troops before being allowed to fight into battle. I am pretty sure I will put this to a full stack. This means that only fullstacks may be fought in manual player vs player battles.
    Do you like bringing knives to gunfight? Only a fool would play more than one battle without a full stack.
    The idea is that a player prepares the army of his faction to fight. There will also be a minimum amount of men required and probably no more than 1 general. This way you prevent a huge amount of manual battles of player vs player and instead end up with a few very big battles that decide the HS. Armies with smaller numbers will likely be allowed to autoresolve tho an army must have a specific amount of troops to be allowed to fight at all(to prevent people from running 19 men). Currently im thinking of the following: Any army must have either 7/12 or 20 troops in it to fight a battle. Only armies with 20 troops in it may fight battles manually against other players
    Online battles have never worked properly. Problem #1 is getting the 2 players to meet at a certain time and place to fight the battle. Problem #2 involves internet connections and speed. There have been other issues when online battles were tried.

Aside from that the first HS will be on a small map
    No only a big map will do.
    and the HS will be very hardcore RP. Diplomacy has to be done 90% in the thread itself as all nations must be aware of official alliances, trade rights and stuff. Secret deals must be passed on to the admin. A faction is not allowed to attack a faction on the turn it declares war. To declare war a faction must write a formal declaration of war in the thread and have actual good reasons. Those reasons must be supported by RP.
    Not bad but there is an even better way which might help bring in new players. Put the diplomacy thread in the mod used (Stainless Steel is the only choice) and in M2TW General Discussion. Those are the 2 highest viewed areas here at twcenter.

Each faction also has its unique goals and unique events, these will be made up by the admin and are not allowed to be shared. For example: "The English player his goal is to destroy the France as the current English king despises the French culture" the player will have to RP about this, making an alliance with France in this situation will very likely not be allowed. However if the English king dies the English player may choose to have the new king very much like the French.

I will post way more detail soon enough.

To give an even shorter explanation:

HS with player vs player battles. The only battles fought are very large battles that have big impact on the war. Hardcore RP, realism.

If anyone is interested in this, contact me. The HS will likely be 6 players.
    Sounds to me you would prefer to be a participant in THE-IRONMAN-CHALLENGE? My plan was to revive this one after Battle for Europe but I haven't been able to get 2 more players for that one. Maybe I should start a new thread?

Not new. In fact, it's the only way we played over at the org.
    I am aware of this, but to the current forum it will be a new scenario, also, I have special rules so its kinda new

No, it dosen't.
    Yes it does... a normal HS with played battles would not last for long. People would want to fight small skirmishes themselves, play a specific faction to get some crazy stupid army composition. With lots of battles you are gonna need alot of time and you said yourself already, connection can also be an issue, especially with the huge amount of battles. I try to reduce that amount heavily.

I will also be introducing a general and a strategist for every faction, the strategist can play the faction itself on the map and if his PC cant handle the battle than the general takes over. I am not 100% sure how this will work yet but the idea is that there is always someone with a solid pc ready to fight a battle. I am not too worried about the time as there wont be much battles, therefor waiting a bit for a battle isnt too bad..

No only a big map will do.
    Nah, it will likely be a map from the custom_campaign mod. I dont see why the HS would need a big map to test things with.

Not bad but there is an even better way which might help bring in new players. Put the diplomacy thread in the mod used (Stainless Steel is the only choice) and in M2TW General Discussion. Those are the 2 highest viewed areas here at twcenter.
    Im not interested in new people, huge waste of time.

Sounds to me you would prefer to be a participant in THE-IRONMAN-CHALLENGE?
    Is completely different from what im planning, so no sorry.