Thread: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: "Valhalla" The Hotseat Community Tavern

Idk where Mith got the info about military minded generals having 20-25% higher chance of getting a military trait

No, neither is right. I, and I suppose a few other people know a special technique of easily getting the Military Edu trait in most situations. E.g. you can get Standard Mil Edu in just 1 battle. It requires tons of reloads (~20-200) even when you complete both triggers' conditions every battle, which my personal technique provides. I came to the tech myself though, so I'd like to not share it But am sure if you try few things around you'll get there. Everything you need is in the triggers

You need to make clear you understand that Military Minded and Military Educ are two very different traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Idk where Mith got the info about military minded generals having 20-25% higher chance of getting a military trait
    The file earlier referanced, it's a flat +25% odds to all military traits, I it also applies to ancillaries.

;------------------------------------------
    ;Some charcters make good governors, some good military people
    ;add to conditions of 25% of triggers so although you can be good
    ;at both, its eaiser to be great at one
    Trait MilitaryInclination
    Characters family

Level Military_Minded
    Description Military_Minded_desc
    EffectsDescription Military_Minded_effects_desc
    Threshold 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    No, neither is right. I, and I suppose a few other people know a special technique of easily getting the Military Edu trait in most situations. E.g. you can get Standard Mil Edu in just 1 battle. It requires tons of reloads (~20-200) even when you complete both triggers' conditions every battle, which my personal technique provides. I came to the tech myself though, so I'd like to not share it But am sure if you try few things around you'll get there. Everything you need is in the triggers
    You can gain more than 1 point towards military education in one battle, one can increase the chance of this by winning more decisively - so Heroic victories as can be seen are especially good. As can certain administrative functions improve the trait as seen in the file.

So small battles against the odds turning out heroic is the way to go, if you have other thoughts in mind I'd be interested to hear.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

New roleplay hotseat (possibly also a not-roleplay version) up http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post15631303

Just got back home, will clear things up tomorrow, soz.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

As part of the Video Content Team, or however you'd like to phrase it I'm planning on making a hotseat map timelapse-video thingy. Is there a particular hotseat you remember? One that was absolutely marvelous, with giant changes in territory? Let me know!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

I haven't been here for too long, but this one comes to mind:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...fitMP-HS-ENDED

Maybe "A New World" too, but that is still ongoing.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Battle For Europe? It is still an unfinished hotseat. But alot of crazy twists and turns
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

The Yearly Hotseating Awards are up once more!

Please check out the main discussion thread for rules before nominating.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-Discussion

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I'm going to make this as brief as possible. Since the beginning of the year I've began to slowly disappear with my activity in hotseats deteriorating as I've been increasingly busy with other matters and some events that have had a considerable impact on my lifestyle. So I have decided to step back from hotseating for a time and focus more on my social life and other projects that I've been wanting to do for quite some time now. To clarify I won't leave all the sudden, I'll still be around in a few hotseats but not admining or anything else. I'm going to make a list of the hotseats that I'm leaving and start looking for admins for my positions and post it later today. Thank you.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

The Yearly Hotseating Awards are up in voting phase!

The yearly hotseating awards are in their final voting phase, so don't forget to vote if you wish to still participate. The voting will end soon so quickly jump in the threads if you haven't done it yet. Vote for those who you feel deserve their respective award. Lets make this award as good as the previous ones, so gather up people and press those buttons.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

We need a player in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Seven-(Full) for Venice - the second strongest faction, brand new HS.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Looking for players for a mtw scenario battle to be held on sat 20th October at approx. 7pm {BST} ....I need 2 very good players for the English team and 4 others for the French..the last remaining faction[is just acting as a umpire-{me} for the battle....anybody that is interested contact me , for a place, and downloading the following scenario into the \data\world\maps\battle\custom of the basic mtw2 [and makesure to avoid double directory, only move the one folder with files inside to that location}

Rules for battle to be issued before the battle starts to add some problems for the French players

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v49qdrn3x...attle.rar?dl=0

until then..
    regards

PBOB
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

A few mods for hotseat admins looking for a new angle to consider...
    - Deus Lo Vult
    - BattleAxe
    - Broken Crescent
    - Europa Barbarorum II
    - Eras Total Conquest
    - Conqvestvs Britanniae
    - Lands to Conquer
    - Rule Britannia
    - Total Vanilla
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; October 23, 2018 at 06:31 PM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by paladinbob123 View Post
    Looking for players for a mtw scenario battle to be held on sat 20th October at approx. 7pm {BST} ....I need 2 very good players for the English team and 4 others for the French..the last remaining faction[is just acting as a umpire-{me} for the battle....anybody that is interested contact me , for a place, and downloading the following scenario into the \data\world\maps\battle\custom of the basic mtw2 [and makesure to avoid double directory, only move the one folder with files inside to that location}

Rules for battle to be issued before the battle starts to add some problems for the French players

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v49qdrn3x...attle.rar?dl=0

until then..
    regards

PBOB
    I would be up for some battles although I'm terrible on the field of battle

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    A few mods for hotseat admins looking for a new angle to consider...
    - Deus Lo Vult
    - BattleAxe
    - Broken Crescent
    - Europa Barbarorum II
    - Eras Total Conquest
    - Conqvestvs Britanniae
    - Lands to Conquer
    - Rule Britannia
    - Total Vanilla
    Rule Britannia would be a interesting hotseat to play although I don't think it works for hotseating at the moment.
    Last edited by PeaMan; October 24, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

Blog Entries

Indeed, there are many mods we haven't tried that we could give a go
    and Peaman

Blog Entries

The old Hotseat open positions threads have been archived, please use this one from now on: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...amp-Open-Spots The aim of this thread is to see how many different hotseats are administrated by different members at the current time and links to the hotseats. Please comment any new hotseats starting, positions being taken/becoming vacant down below, and we'll update it consecutively. The aim is to reduce the clutter of multiple threads and keep one major one for a better overview, and that one might look for open positions in just one section, rather than all.
    and Peaman

Its been a while yall, last day on me job today...who knows... Maybe ill join a HS ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by saleska2 View Post
    Its been a while yall, last day on me job today...who knows... Maybe ill join a HS ^ ^
    Welcome back

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Random idea for a new hotseat mechanic, something that would add a bit of overhead for both players and admins in exchange for a longer term investment of sorts.

Instead of factions being destroyed, a faction that is one move away from destruction (as evidenced by screenshots and an admin check) will be taken over by an admin. All agents and armies left in the faction are put into their final settlement, given to AI and left in that location for the duration of the game. If they attempt to expand, they may be repelled, but not destroyed outright. A bonus would be the faction being made a vassal to its conqueror.

This function would ensure the factions survive along with their family trees so that a new legacy can be created from the hotseat after conclusion, thus making viable sequels to a hotseat without spending 3 weeks in descr_strat.

An ideal angle for roleplay hotseats and series hotseats especially, allowing for multiple games to be commenced in contexts such as Britannia, Westeros, even Middle Earth, The Elder Scrolls, Stainless Steel, heck, vanilla/close to vanilla.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Random idea for a new hotseat mechanic, something that would add a bit of overhead for both players and admins in exchange for a longer term investment of sorts.

Instead of factions being destroyed, a faction that is one move away from destruction (as evidenced by screenshots and an admin check) will be taken over by an admin. All agents and armies left in the faction are put into their final settlement, given to AI and left in that location for the duration of the game. If they attempt to expand, they may be repelled, but not destroyed outright. A bonus would be the faction being made a vassal to its conqueror.

This function would ensure the factions survive along with their family trees so that a new legacy can be created from the hotseat after conclusion, thus making viable sequels to a hotseat without spending 3 weeks in descr_strat.

An ideal angle for roleplay hotseats and series hotseats especially, allowing for multiple games to be commenced in contexts such as Britannia, Westeros, even Middle Earth, The Elder Scrolls, Stainless Steel, heck, vanilla/close to vanilla.
    If that faction would be controlled by AI with only 1 settlement then it can be very easly overcomed. I think it would make sense only if player would get controll over that faction.