Thread: Sprites and unit animations

Default Sprites and unit animations

Is there a way to remove units from "spriting" or becoming sprites? I was told sprites are when the units turn into a nondescript shape or something.

Also, is there a setting that I can make the unit animations always happen? Rather than me having to zoom all the way in on them to see all the reloading animations.
    Last edited by JustCallMeKing; December 27, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

Default Re: Sprites and unit animations

nice to see that these forums are helpful...

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Sprites are hardcoded.

Everything I'm about to write I learned in literally 45 seconds or so by using the advanced search and looking for 'Sprites' in the titles of posts in the Napoleon and Empire mod forums. Just sayin'...

There is no setting to force the game to always run 3D models. MarkP used a memory hack to accomplish this in Empire, but a patch broke it and it doesn't work anymore (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335121). It was a lot of work. If you know what you're doing and want to give it a shot, go for it.

Some interest in a Napoleon version was being discussed here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=sprites). Again though, it's a lot of work and most people don't have the knowledge to pull it off, so it seems to have fizzled.

All you can do is change unit detail (I believe that's the setting) to Ultra to maximize the rendering distance.

-HD

Forget sprites, I've realized they are very common. But the unit animations still don't appear unless I'm zoomed all the way in.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Could be. I haven't tried it.