Thread: Kingdom of Mysore [NPC]

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Default Kingdom of Mysore [NPC]

Description
    Mysore Maharaja palace.

Independant since 1565, Mysre is the regional power of Southen India. The state is a curious blend of Islam and Hinduism, lead by a dynasty of Sultans. Their wealth is great, and largely amassed from trade and they seek to protect it. The armies of Mysore are not overly ambitious, but they should not be underestimated.

Mysorean Army
    Mysore Warriors
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Milita
    Sword
    Cost: 15000

Hindu Musketeers

Regular
    Mathlock Muskets
    Cost: 50000

Zamindari Pikemen

Regular
    Lance
    Cost: 35000

War Elephants

Veteran
    Lance
    Elephants
    Cost: 115000

Rocket Band

Regular
    Rockets
    Cost: 80000

Military Deployments
    Mysore
    5 x Mysore Warriors
    6 x Hindu Musketeers
    1 x War Elephant
    2 x Rocket Bands
    Blut und Boden

Default Re: Kingdom of Mysore [NPC]

The British Viceroy in India arrives to see the Sultan after a visit to the Presidency Town of Chennai, or Madras.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    The British Viceroy in India arrives to see the Sultan after a visit to the Presidency Town of Chennai, or Madras.

The British Viceroy is welcomed into the Palace. The courtyard smells of spices and the fountains flow with fresh clear water. Among the residents of the palace are scantily clad courtesans, a Dutch VOC representative, a hindu priest of Shiva, and the Sultan himself.

"Welcome to Mysore, Englishman. My chefs have made curry, let us eat and talk out on the balcony."
    Blut und Boden

The Viceroy, in full ceremonial clothes, which made him damned hot sat down to eat.. He had over the years in Bengal, become used to such foods and hoped at some point to bring them back to England..

"Great Sultan, it is an honour to be welcomed so well in a foreign land."

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post

"Great Sultan, it is an honour to be welcomed so well in a foreign land."

"This hospitality is merely a custom of Mysore. "

He motions out towards the city of Mysore; "This land has been in my family's possession for many generations, and I hear now that war looms in the north. I am no friend of the Marathas, but even I remember a time when my father had to combat the Mughal armies. Regardless, I will not interfere with your schemes, however I must admit the lands of Carnatica seem like a plump fruit ripe for the taking."
    Blut und Boden

"Great Sultan, it is not the Empire, or the Company's wish to ask you to intefere.. It is merely to tell you that if you so desire, The King will place Mysore under his protection, for once these dastardly Marathas are gone, there is a chance the Mughals might come for Mysore. And of course, Bijapur, should the Great Sultan wish, he is more than able to take. The Maratha army will be engaged with our and the Mughals forces in the North east."
    Last edited by M D; December 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM.

Watercress's Avatar Wants You!
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

The Princess of the Mughals, Minu Shahrazad arrived at the court of the Sultan of Mysore.

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

Quote Originally Posted by Master Magic Mage View Post
    The Princess of the Mughals, Minu Shahrazad arrived at the court of the Sultan of Mysore.

She is welcomed by palace courtiers.

The Sultan greets the Princess, and invites her into the lounge room where his wife is there, smoking.

"Would you care for some hookah, Rajkumari?"
    Blut und Boden

'No, no thank you. We must speak of important business. As you may know, i am my Father's only child. As such, my future husband would be the Heir to my father's kingdom and all his worldly domains. On that note, Does your Royal Husband have any young sons, or princes who would be eligible to become my suitor?'

"Only Connect!...Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer."

'No, no thank you. We must speak of important business. As you may know, i am my Father's only child. As such, my future husband would be the Heir to my father's kingdom and all his worldly domains. On that note, Does your Royal Husband have any young sons, or princes who would be eligible to become my suitor?'
    "My son....is not...uh... fond of women. Vishnu preserve him."

A man suddenly walks out of the shadows, addressing Minu Shahrazad directly.

"I am Nanjaraja, privy counselor to the Sultan, general of his armies, and his cousin. I am looking for a wife....may we talk in private your highness?"

The Sultan lowers his eyes and does not object....
    Blut und Boden

'But of course.'

The Princess stood, and followed the man to a quiet corner of the Palace.

'What is it you wish to talk of?'

OOC: Kidnap her and put her in the Harem

Double A's Avatar person man

ooc: Aren't you allied to him?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

'What is it you wish to talk of?'
    Nanjaraja was a rough indian man, wearing a conical helm and chain mail, all adorned in gems and silver. He spoke in a hushed voice;

"Although to visitors Mysore seems an ideal land, it is actually facing imminent collapse.

The Sultan is old and his intellect fading. His son is both childless and homosexual. When the sultan dies....I plan to seize the throne from his son. You and I could rule this land, for I am of royal blood and if you bear me a child I will have legitimacy for the throne...a true heir of two dynasties.

However...in return for his, I would need the military assistance of your father, Farrukhsiyar. For I fear that even with you as my wife and a child, the armies would still mainly fight for the Sultan's son..."
    Last edited by Aetius; December 27, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Blut und Boden

'Oh, i see. What are the size of the Sultan's forces? I am unsure my father could spare the troops for such a campign, right now. All warriors are needed to fight the Marathas to the north. And do not forget, our son would be both Mughal Emperor, and Sultan of Mysore.'

'Oh, i see. What are the size of the Sultan's forces? I am unsure my father could spare the troops for such a campign, right now. All warriors are needed to fight the Marathas to the north. And do not forget, our son would be both Mughal Emperor, and Sultan of Mysore.'
    As she says this the realization suddenly dawns on him, making Nanjaraja ecstatic:

"Yes! Not only would our son be Emperor of both lands, but because you are an only daughter....I would be Mughal Emperor! How seen can we become married?

I believe 10,000 soldiers (2 regiments) would fight for me in the looming Mysorean civil war. Currently loyalist forces number at most, 50,000. I would need at least 8 Mughal regiments."
    Blut und Boden

'My father's empire certainly has enough warriors to squash Mysore under heel, but as i said, no one can be spared. My father would gladly let us wed, yet any plan to claim the throne of Mysore would have to wait when we have finished with the Marathas.'

OOC: What's Nanjaraja's Stats? (General, Admin or .etc)

Nanjaraja agrees.

Nanjaraja is a level 4 General.
    Blut und Boden

OOC: Man, i'm getting some pretty awesome generals

'Very well. Let me talk to my father, and then will we shall have our wedding in Delhi. It will be soon, i promise.'