Thread: Scotish Battle Formations

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

Default Scotish Battle Formations

Hey guys!
    First and all; this mod is absolutly epic. I have playing h/h with England. At around turn 25, repelling the Scotch invasion and just landing armies in France!

I have noticed something a bit peculiar about the formations of the Scotch; they do not deploy in a line (persee). Firstly they deploy in a square with the archers at front, followed by infantry, etcetera. I am just wondering is this a standard tactic for them? I have not played a proper full manned battle against the French, but what caught my attention, is that when I see videos on youtube about this mod, this doesnt occour. Will this occour through out my whole campaign? Thanks alot for your feed-back

EDIT: Another question, on huge settings, are the regiments 120, for english knights? I'm just wondering becuase it would be a nice implementation for v1.0 so say have 150 knights and 200 billmen? Thanks alot for your efforts guys!
    Last edited by Lil Jazzer; December 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM.
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode