Thread: Just Downloaded/Played SPQR 5.0...

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

Default Just Downloaded/Played SPQR 5.0...

...and I must say it is difficult. Which is a good thing. And it is fun.

It is by far my favorite mod as it does strike a nice balance between accuracy and gameplay and really emphasizes careful strategy and LARGE battles - and that is what I bought R:TW for in the first place. Well that and the fact that this time period is one of my favorites.

I also would like to compliment the modelers/skinners/graphics artists - VERY nice job. Those Spartans are the finest looking skins out there.

Right now the only - minor - quibble I have would be the size of those ships. They are a bit too large - IMO - as they look like big roaches. When I move a fleet I want to take off my shoe and slap the screen.

Keep up the good work LT.

Thanks,
    Barkhorn.

Welcome to TWC!! And yes, SPQR is probably the hardest mod out there right now! Which is awesome in my opinion!!

MasterAdnin

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x
    ...and I must say it is difficult. Which is a good thing. And it is fun.

It is by far my favorite mod as it does strike a nice balance between accuracy and gameplay and really emphasizes careful strategy and LARGE battles - and that is what I bought R:TW for in the first place. Well that and the fact that this time period is one of my favorites.

I also would like to compliment the modelers/skinners/graphics artists - VERY nice job. Those Spartans are the finest looking skins out there.

Right now the only - minor - quibble I have would be the size of those ships. They are a bit too large - IMO - as they look like big roaches. When I move a fleet I want to take off my shoe and slap the screen.

Keep up the good work LT.

Thanks,
    Barkhorn.

Have you seen the Senates Pretorians skins yet? For me they are the best skins.

If you only knew how hard it was to get those skins. lol
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

its actually a little hard to click on those ships. they are the same physical size but have different cosmetic size. i'm sure i'll adjust to them in time

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie
    Have you seen the Senates Pretorians skins yet? For me they are the best skins.
    Not yet - as I am only up to about 260BCE in my Brutti campaign. I think it's gonna be a long, long time before I get to come to grips w/ those guys - unless they lend me a hand somewhere along the way.

Barkhorn.

Um they are the large physical size, the cas file has been adjusted. they just take up the same space. slick the middle as always I have had no issues with them. I am surprised some dont like them, but then again taste is diffrerent for everyone.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004