Thread: HusserlTW managed to turn 1 slot cities to 4 slot cities without problems!!!!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default HusserlTW managed to turn 1 slot cities to 4 slot cities without problems!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I made a minor city to major and it works like a charm. I can confirm that we can add slots in cities. That means that we can convert a minor to major without downgrading a major !!!

So, now we could add buildings in some factions that you're all complaining about.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

MatrixStorm's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: HusserlTW managed to turn 1 slot cities to 4 slot cities without problems!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    So, now we could add buildings in some factions that you're all complaining about.

Default Re: HusserlTW managed to turn 1 slot cities to 4 slot cities without problems!!!!

Oh wait this isn't facebook. With this I think it is safe to say that there may be major gameplay changes on DM7.0
    My Ukulele Cover of Death Note L's Theme
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhP70qHqsVg

It's better if that's done in submods IMO, but what goes in, it's Darth's choice and only Darth's. For DMUC, it's also Hips.

Shonos: You could always rep Husserl.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

Great news

I agree with alhoon this should stay as a sub mod because it has a high impact on balance.

Xwhyzed, could you add that admiralty slot for Denmark for CB?

Perhaps slots for Dagestan too?
    Also could someone make a new kind of prestige building that doubles as university? I.e. allows at least some tier of research for factions like Knights of St. John and Dagestan?
    Last edited by alhoon; December 26, 2010 at 09:08 AM.

Yes, will do as soon as I find out how HusserITW did it

I don't know how prestige buildings can be linked to research, hammered did that.

Lexandro81's Avatar Centenarius

BAAMM!! All the problems solved you had with f.e. Hungary etc.
    That will solve a lot of problems for our minor nations

Quote Originally Posted by Lexandro81 View Post
    BAAMM!! All the problems solved you had with f.e. Hungary etc.
    That will solve a lot of problems for our minor nations
    Yes and gives me a lot of startpos editing work
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; December 26, 2010 at 11:05 AM.

Don't overdo it Xwhyzed. Simple 1 slot cities are nice. About HusserlTW... you could always pm and ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

Above: London as a 9 slot city !!!

It works o.k. but building panel can hardly hold 7 slots... Now we have to see if this can be changed, something rather difficult while Alpaca is not around...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anyway I cannot say that I like it so much. I think we shall stay in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and perhaps 6 lots (Finance slot is missing in my opinion). But we shall try to make the surrounding mini buildings more interesting. We could add more houses, maybe some mini buildings other than houses like a cathedral, try to spoil the vertical corners of 5 slots cross or 4 slots square, etc.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Turin in particular deserves such treatment. Nice work.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Suggestion:
    For starters, I think we should add an "inside the city" university to the minor nations. That way, the Knights of St.John etc could research some advances.
    Still, again as a start, these universities should give somewhat less tech points than towns dedicated to universities and a somewhat greater clamor for reform. Or perhaps something more biting as a -5% taxes = money diverted for research.
    After all, if you put a university on a town, you don't build a factory that would give at least 300 town wealth + 6/turn. I.e. 40 turns later it would give (even if not upgraded) 540 town wealth.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 29, 2010 at 06:42 PM.

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I think editing new slots for city is not so important , what about adding new regions in global map?

Nobody has figured how to do that yet.

hi everyone

is there a link to this topics main page somewhere, this is most promising

the cap

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    thats great news
    slowly empire is getting near that game it should have been