Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBD and factions Region control decission

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Icon4 EBD and factions Region control decission

Firstly thanks Hister for releasing 0.95 beta so that we can work on!!!! As i really wanted years back to play this mod and now after a year im back and glad that i can help.

As i posted in 0.95 topic i started to implement that each faction will have and could use only its Equesterian building ( Region control ). I learned how to do it, but now im facing much bigger challenge.

The number of buildings in EDB is already 63. As 64 is hardcoded limit i could added only one and then CTD...frustrating until now.

We need to decide how we will implement this so that there will be 63 buildings ( with each faction its own equesterian building ).

My suggestion is next.

As we need 20 free slots we have to find them.

In EDB there is 7 colonization buildings. I would implement their function to first level ( stables ) and moved recrutment from first to second level.

Now we need 13 more slots - I will look at temple building and hinterland if some could be deleted or combined in one.

If you have some suggestion post it here.

Thank you!

Last edited by Echbart; December 25, 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: EBD and factions Region control decission

It will be a lot of work, but now i finally made one faction without errors. Will be compiling whole week and then i hope i will post here some results - to play

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Nice Echbart - the way to go!
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks for your effort on making this playlable +rep

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

It is coming along just fine, now i have to decide how to mrege temple trees. And some other stuff that needs to be done ( anchilares files, descr_strat.txt ) So that when done everything will work like a clock

Wohoo!

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Today i started to work on merging temples - some changes in which culture will have it will be made.

Next step is adding the rest eqesterian buildings ( i hope without deleting hinterland buildings ).

As i see this will be done during next week. Then i will go through anchilaries solve all error that will emerge in line of work ( though i try to solve them along the work ).

This is my part in this tale

I will post some screenshots of changes soon.

Sounds daunting!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Can you use hidden_resouce for region control instead? Must be an easier way,akin to AOR,which I think you are considering? I have not played the new version to test,so can't check,only data. From DV data and EDB I have this below. But also 'culture' rather than 'faction' text rework to cut down the amount of data in EDB as another idea? I am not sure on all units for each faction to sort out into easier culture groups(barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, hun, iapygian, nomad, roman,)? Reworking EDB is very difficult the current way as you say.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    hidden_resources Hernici Aurunci Corsi Sardi Carni Taurini Falisci Nahartes Anamares Lingones Marici Vertacomacori Calabri Sallentini Brettii Dauni Peucetii Sabini Umbri Ligures Rhaeti Veneti Poeni Graeci Etrusci Lucani Marsi Elymi Sicani Campani Latini Siculi Pentri Hirpini Caudini Carricini Frentani Alfaterni Nolani Sidicini Picentes Praetutii Vestini Paeligni Marrucini Histri Liburnii Croton Elea Heraclea Locrii Metapontum Rhegium Thurii Tarentum Syracusae Aequi Volsci Senones Boii Cenomani Insubres NO_BUILDING

;; splitted recruitment into: home militia, subjugation "AoR" and mercs with the following strings (barracks, equestrian, missile) /DV .

Hmmm,what about resource horse for the nomads as example also??? PS,the resources has me confused,hmm grain at '0' but camels at '17'??? From RTW vanilla to this,way different.
    Last edited by Kylan271; January 01, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Thanks for suggestion.

The goal is to create AoR and colonization buildings for each faction itself. And even if i only wanted to create this buildings for only culture i would have to merge some buildings, because the building rooster was full.

As for hidden resources wont solve this problem, because you would only need to capture province and you could use its bonuses and recruit units avaliable in that region.

I know it is long way to go, but i know it will be very good when done.

Well,you can include in EDB recruitable building + hidden resource( + resource),allowing to use and/or etc. Not sure coding,but seems an easier option. I do not know the PI factions(historically) to know how to design an EDB like you. If RTW standard ones then I can comprehend better. If you need to limit the unit use then maybe another option is a script somehow? Or use event options,akin to Marius reforms?

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Here is screenshot all temples are taken care off, now back to stables

What can I do to help?

My thoughts are a culture specific building instead,rather than per faction? Deleting hinterland roads/farm/mines and I forgot,any special ones in PI seems a loss.

Merged Temples,hmm I was working on updating some new temples for RTW barbarians,and working on the various bonuses to each,can I work on this perhaps here? If you have multiple temples per settlement the bonus stack,you need to alter the bonus bonus part,if you have such? Not sure if you are going for multi temples or 1 temple/settlement? I know XGM has an AOR building system,perhaps easier? I just saw the missile buildings also being used as a Merc one,hmm. Very complex work.

Oh I used the Unit Counter,255 unit models/263 unit stats.

Darn forgot,lol..I created a 2nd level Stable in TE,I have the data if you need? I think you have a 3rd(Large town) in use?

Just found this mesage in EDB:
    ;; what's with the NO_BUILDING units, can't we find a hidden resource for them to have them active as recruitment? Else, those lines make no sense /DV

Can you look if this is a fault?
    Last edited by Kylan271; January 03, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

Ah nicework guys - so cool to see people tinkering on the mod.

Regarding resources - I've changed a lot of them for a reason so their vanilla name is not what you will see on the map!

I can't find the hardcoded limit on resources,I do know it is bugged if you change them from my attempts,grr.

Hister the unique buildings,ie the PI hinterland ones,can't be replaced as '9 wonders' rather than Echbart having to delete them?

The roster system you use,it is complicated,so I am not as effective there. I can create a new missile and stable at lvl 2(town) if need be,and working in settlement.

OK working on mercs.

Found way to help with files: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...84#post8717684

Hister the unique buildings,ie the PI hinterland ones,can't be replaced as '9 wonders' rather than Echbart having to delete them?
    Yes they can be replaced with wonders but the downside being that all wonders have hardcoded effects like population boom etc.

I can't find the hardcoded limit on resources,I do know it is bugged if you change them from my attempts,grr.
    Why are you interested in that anyway? I forgot what's the limit but I remember that I have only one free resource slot.

I would like to be more helpful but I have all the stuff like which vanilla resource is which in PI and so forth on my old PC which died on me.
    Last edited by Hister; January 05, 2011 at 08:03 AM.

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

we will survive this. As it look for now no hinterland buildings will be needed merge. But then i look at the all the rest buildings needed to put in and i wonder which way shall i go...

As for resources,there was talk of using trade resource as unit or building prerequisite,but have not found a way to work it or seen it used.

I got your message and will do the Merc thingy asap Echbart.

nice to see you to cooperating with each other

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast