Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty Black Ops

Icon2 Call of Duty Black Ops

Black Ops SHORT Review

Single Player Campaign
    I thought the single player campagn was very interesting , and pretty much diffret from other CODs, with out giving away anything to those unlucky souls who dont have it. You play as Alex Mason during the Cold War-Soviet Era and its played as flashback during an interrogation.This was really interesting and a nice way to shake it up a little bit.You fight in Russia,Vietnam, Germany,Cuba and its a very amusing story ,and great way to start the game

Multiplayer
    The Multiplayer is extremely balanced.and I mean BALANCED.This can be good and bad at times.First it good bcasue no one is overpowered and annoying ,and it negative cuase after a while it gets pretty boring.Maybe not the first couple Prestiges(15 in all) but after youve used all the guns and equipment it get a little boring. But i nevertheless is still awesome. Customizing the Red-dots, flamethrower attachment, RC XD . and lets not forget Combat trainig this was a very good edition to the game and in my opnion is better then the multiplayer.

Zombies!

wHATS not to like? Thrill, Pure Carnage, limbs and heads flying, Seeing repected politicians out and out become Zombie Killers. This just add to the best off it

Singleplayer= 9/10
    Multiplayer= 7/10
    Zombies= 10/10
    Graphics= 6/10
    Sound= 8/10
    Overall Feel- 7.5/10

Average- 7.91~ 8/10

Default Re: Call of Duty Black Ops- PS3

Graphics and sound should have get 1 point each too.
    Duchy of Croatia in my Total War?! Oh I can't wait for factions unlocker mod!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Graphics doesn't look much different from Modern Warfare, and the Gameplay seems to be an exact copy with a few feable new features. Hardly new or revolutionary. Multiplayer also looks identical to all the other CoD games. I'm glad that I didn't waste a penny on this terrible game...

The story was the best yet, even if the rest of the game was just MW2 with different weapons and stuff.

It's a sequel to World at War, and Sergeant Victor Reznov and Private Dimitri Petrenko both return. You play an American guy, but you meet those two in the storyline. JFk and Castro are both involved, and all the missions are excellent and really fun. I won't give too much away but it's the first game I've seen that's worth buying just for the story campaign, the multiplayer is a bonus.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

just bought and finished the game, and apart from the story, one thing really really annoyed me, the guns. I mean come on, if you're gonna put a game in the past, especially a shooter, don't put weapons and tech that AREN'T INVENTED YET !! That ruined the whole game for me, it was really a shame.
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by NyXmas View Post
    just bought and finished the game, and apart from the story, one thing really really annoyed me, the guns. I mean come on, if you're gonna put a game in the past, especially a shooter, don't put weapons and tech that AREN'T INVENTED YET !! That ruined the whole game for me, it was really a shame.
    Their target audience is 14 year olds what do you expect?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    Their target audience is 14 year olds what do you expect?
    No it isn't. It's more around the under 17's.

Black Op's in Australia is rated MA 15+ (Mature Audiences).

BUT iirc, there was a row in the paper about Australia being soft on rating video game violence. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries had higher ratings.

Still COD these days is notorious on using over the top weapons and Hollywood action. I've grown to expect crap like this (from COD), no matter what it's rated.
    Last edited by IZob; January 01, 2011 at 05:01 AM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

this is game is the latest in the steaming pile of crap that is the Call of duty series nowadays. the last one that was any good was 4

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

I thought Black ops was pretty good. Well, compared to the shite that MW2 was. Still think BC2 is the best shooter out there right now.

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

I believe Battlefield 2 for PC is the best shooter ever to be released.
    Computer specifications -
    GPU: GTX 780
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k overclocked @ 4 GHz
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Asrock z77 extreme 4

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    No it isn't. It's more around the under 17's.

Black Op's in Australia is rated MA 15+ (Mature Audiences).

BUT iirc, there was a row in the paper about Australia being soft on rating video game violence. I wouldn't be surprised if other countries had higher ratings.

Still COD these days is notorious on using over the top weapons and Hollywood action. I've grown to expect crap like this (from COD), no matter what it's rated.
    It's 18+ here in Ireland but it's almost exclusively played by those under 18.

EDIT : nvm. Been having fun with this game as of late
    Last edited by Killerbee; February 11, 2011 at 06:01 AM.

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Singleplayer was excellent, very good story. Multiplayer does get boring fast, but its nowhere near as outragous as MW2. Noobtubes are actually harder to find, and the weapons are a lot more blanced. Except everybody uses the saem old weapons: Galil, ak47, ak74u, famas, and commando. I use the m14 acog scope and grip and that thing is just amazing, but its not very noobish, which i'm quite proud of. In fact, this game is'nt as oobish as MW2 is either. I play zombies the most right now though. It never gets old, and the Kennedy and Nixon quotes are hilarious. "MORE BEANS FOR DA CHOWDA"

iwatakittysbane's Avatar Laetus

I enjoyed the campaign. It was different than the other games to me. A little more real or raw, if you will.

The zombies although

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by iwatakittysbane View Post
    I enjoyed the campaign. It was different than the other games to me. A little more real or raw, if you will.

The zombies although

Whats wrong with zombies? Just wondering what you mean

played it on the 360. its looked like im playing in cod 1

then i sew it on pc on higher setting. like a totaly diffrent game.

Cod Mw1 is best cod ever,
    and operation flashpoint dragon rising best realistic shooter ever.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

The only thing that made the game worth playing for me was the flashback level as Reznov where you see Petrenko from World at War get gassed.

Man was I pissed off with Dragovich after that...

The single player was great but the MP is horrible,the guns just dont feel powerful and it's pretty much just run and gun no thought needed,i no it was the same for MW 1 and 2 but for some reason its just not fun for black ops,it's just to easy to kill and be killed.I loved the WAW MP so was really disappointed with black ops MP they really need to slow it down a bit and make the guns harder to use.

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Three letters: J-F-K. 'Nuff Said.
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast