Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod Version 2.2; French Backpacks, Lances, Bayonets, Swords, Muskets, Drums and more

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default PdGuru's European Equipment Mod Version 2.2; French Backpacks, Lances, Bayonets, Swords, Muskets, Drums and more

PDGURU's EUROPEAN EQUIPMENT MOD

!!! OVER 7000 Downloads of all Versions !!!

Revised Backpacks

New packs and changed items.

Lances

Revised lance head/blade to be more appropriate for period and wrapped pennon (flag) added.

Muskets

Musket barrels have been lightened to be more metallic and shiny - no more black or dull grey barrels. Parts given more highlighting to improve appearance a little. Wholly new flintlock mechanism. Based on suggestion by Chosen Man Richard Sharpe.

Bayonet

Bayonet fittings have been changed (within the limits of the mesh model) to show the barrel and end the "blobbiness" of the vanilla. Bayonet blades made steely, shiner and sharper-looking.

Swords

Swords have shiny steel blades, and not the lead-like finish of vanilla. Finally, when the cavalry draw and wave those swords, you can see 'em blazin! New hilts.

Flagstaff Pike Head

Dark lead-like pike head replaced with a shiny gold color.

Ammo Box (French Inspired)

Has eagle badge.

Drum (French Inspired)

Authentic drum of the period added for European factions.

Installation

Just place the attachment in your data folder and add to user.script.

Illustrations
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NO REPRODUCTION, SHARING OR RE-USE OF THESE PACKS IS PERMITTED WITHOUT PRIOR AGREEMENT, PLEASE.

Previous version of this mod is built into my full release at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10707166 and the current release is in the Coalition Mini Mod at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post12404883 as it includes revised backpacks for coalition troops.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pdguru; July 27, 2015 at 08:05 PM.

Default Re: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod V1.0

Thank You man!!

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

isent this the same as the bayonet mod? since the swords and drums is included in that 1

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by mattebubben View Post
    isent this the same as the bayonet mod? since the swords and drums is included in that 1
    No - this mod has revised muskets. And previous mod discontinued because this now has broader changes.
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 24, 2010 at 02:17 PM.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod V1.1

Sword textures now more metallic.

Default Re: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod V1.1

excellent, great job mate, as alway!!!!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod V3.0; Bayonets, Swords, Muskets and Drums

Fantastic again and Happy New Year !

Default Re: PdGuru's European Equipment Mod V3.0; Bayonets, Swords, Muskets and Drums

PdGuru, can you tell me the difference between the 3 file types? I put the thrid one in my data folder and had a crash to desktop, and there were no other conflicting mods. (I guarentee it, just finished a reinstall, your's was the first mod I tried). Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    PdGuru, can you tell me the difference between the 3 file types? I put the thrid one in my data folder and had a crash to desktop, and there were no other conflicting mods. (I guarentee it, just finished a reinstall, your's was the first mod I tried). Thanks, and Happy New Year!
    The third one is the latest and has the newer sword texture. The mod just changes three .dds files so not sure what would be causing a crash for you - I haven't experienced it, and no other such reports so far. I would expect a problem to appear as odd-looking skins, not a crash. When do you get the CTD?

Sorry chap, my mistake, I usually change my mods to mod pack, changed it back and it works perfect. excellent work!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Over the hills...

Looks good as always
    +rep

Please make this for empire and I will be a happy man
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ♔ brucedickenson♔ View Post
    Please make this for empire and I will be a happy man
    Sorry Bruce - no idea how to do it for empire - I assume it means doing all the work again... inclusing learning how to mod Empire... and I just don't have time. Anyhow - the vanilla bayonets in ETW are much better that NTW, right?

Update: Anyone like the look of these ammo bags?

They look great... please look for empire there are a fair few of us still slogging religiously through empire!
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

great ammo bags there

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by yazzazin View Post
    great ammo bags there
    The problem is the the bag is shared across nations - so they all get what is clearly French eagle! I use it anyway as I only look closely at my forces and I always play the French.

same here i got no problem cause i always use france too.

I tested this today and had a little problem. The Austrians I was using looked great! Nice sharp, shiny bayonets. However, their Bavarian adversaries had no guns! lol

I'm using the All In One Mod, I suppose there's a conflict of some sort?

Otherwise, it looked great! Nice job!
    Last edited by Good ole Reb; January 07, 2011 at 12:01 AM.
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Good ole Reb View Post
    I tested this today and had a little problem. The Austrians I was using looked great! Nice sharp, shiny bayonets. However, their Bavarian adversaries had no guns! lol

I'm using the All In One Mod, I suppose there's a conflict of some sort?

Otherwise, it looked great! Nice job!
    In assume it's a conflict. This mod only changes textures. If of of the mods in the AIO compilation changes actual weapons, this could be the problem. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

MOD CLOSED.
    Last edited by Pdguru; January 08, 2011 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    In assume it's a conflict. This mod only changes textures. If of of the mods in the AIO compilation changes actual weapons, this could be the problem. Sorry it doesn't work for you.

MOD CLOSED.
    No worries, it's a nice piece of work anyway, your efforts are appreciated!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast