View Poll Results: What would you like to see as the setting for the next TW game?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Napoleonic setting

5 8.06%
  • MTW2 - medieval europe

19 30.65%
  • STW2 - japan

7 11.29%
  • China

8 12.90%
  • Colonial Wars

7 11.29%
  • American Civil War

2 3.23%
  • Ancient Greece

6 9.68%
  • Alexander's Macedon

3 4.84%
  • Trojan Era

2 3.23%
  • Modern Combat (1900's onwards)

3 4.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTW sequel

Default RTW sequel

TTW (mostly myself ) is interested to know what would you like to see as the setting for the next TW game?

If other please state.
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; January 10, 2006 at 02:37 PM.

Flogger's Avatar Senator

EDIT: Never mind. Sorry.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

its been rumored that they are going to do MTW 2
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Yes i know, but i just want to know if this is what people want or if they would want a different era or setting. MTW2 sounds good, but it has been done before and if they are using the same game engine i wonder if people would buy it if they could download chivalry for RTW for free.

Still its quite possible they could cover 1300's to 1500's

Personally, anything from 16th Century Japan (again) or back into the Ancient Mediterranean world - specifically Greece and Macedon. Reminds me a a great mod i played for MTW - Hellenic Total War.

For me the aim should not necessarily be to depart radically from the periods already covered just for the sake of it, rather they should seek to improve the offerings they see fit to bestow to us in the first place.

Seems like quite divided opinion at the moment.

Definitly Civil war, it's a modern war fought in large numbers, with somewhat modern weapons, but still is heavily strategic. The only interesting aspect would be that there are only 2 factions...,
    The Shrimp

It may get boring as a result of just two factions and both being american. In my view a Napoleonic game would make this style of warfare more interesting with more options if naval battles and most of/all of the world was included.

Well I always wanted to see a Peloponnesian ancient Greece total war series but I know that CA will not do a better job than the Hegemonia team so I'll have to go with MTW-2. I can't wait for MTW II it will bring back memories as it was my favourite of the Total War series.

i.e a colonial era mod, where you actually establish and must defend your colonies around the world? that is wat i voted for, it would be awesome.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I would swing for Napoleonic myself. There'll be an interesting situation though if it does indeed turn out to be Napoleonic - by the time that the Napoleonic mod by the Lordz has come out (I heard them mention Winter '06), the next Total War will probably be ready, and there'll be nobody to play their mod!

I certainly feel like a winner anyway.

If it is something ancient - well, let's have it, I love phalanxes.
    If it is medieval - nothing about sword and pikeman and Teutonic knights or Crusader states
    Let it be settled during the 30 years war or the age of enlightment - why not, I also like firing shells...
    If it is Japan - Shogun is just great! Nothing against all those little flags on the units....
    If it is WW I or II...ehm...please not...no...that just won't be...
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

I'm sure chivalry will do a grand job too - maybe better than a sequel if they use the same engine

Also i guess the era for a sequel wouldn't really matter if it was esy to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jones
    i.e a colonial era mod, where you actually establish and must defend your colonies around the world? that is wat i voted for, it would be awesome.
    Yes, i vote for colonial wars for the same reason, plus it would be an opportunity to include the whole world

Yes, I'll be interested to see the modding viabilities for the sequal. Will it live up to (or hopefully surpass) what was billed as 'the most moddable game ever'? I'd really quite like a MTW 2 actually (even though I voted Napoleonic), AS LONG AS IT WAS ACCURATE! My jaw dropped in the first one when I saw an entire province named 'Nicaea' (Nicaea was a single city) stretching over all of Phrygia, with the castle in the wrong place.

I guess a mod that covered 1600's right up to 1800's would be the most interesting

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge_Liang
    Yes i know, but i just want to know if this is what people want or if they would want a different era or setting. MTW2 sounds good, but it has been done before and if they are using the same game engine i wonder if people would buy it if they could download chivalry for RTW for free.

Still its quite possible they could cover 1300's to 1500's
    in that case, I would have voted for Napoleonic TW, but I already voted for MTW 2
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Nah, I want something in which I can play as the Byzantine Empire! It would be interesting to have a Total War set in Italy, Greece and Asia Minor in 1205, in the wake of the Fourth Crusade.

The ERE in BI practically is the byzantine empire minus the varangian guard (or whatever they were called)

i think colonial would be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast