Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: = v 4.X wishlist =

Default = v 4.X wishlist =

Please post your wishes for further version, units that you would like to be added to the game, new features, balancing and everytihng you want.

List of changes that I would include in 4.1 is now known.

- New models of armoured and half-cataphracted horses
    - A couple of new units for Romans
    - Possibly a new map based on the famous WarMap
    - Fixed balancing and unit cost
    - Included all patches for basic 4.0
    History is written by victors.
    Against enemies I have only one weapon - death.
    - Baron Roman Fedorovich Ungern

Under the Patronage of Noble Praetor Belisarius

The best BI mod avaiable now!
    INVASIO BARBARORUM - FLAGELLUM DEI

After I have tried thw 4.0 i found that too little rome units are not balanced as you have always a 20 units limits so you fond you max Roman army under 2000 soldiers against abrbaric army of 3500 ( a battel with orde is 6-8000) too ehm no realistic Romans had the possibility to put a better army in battle but could not to have good army everywhere.
    Other question: the foederaty barracks meant lower taxes for empire ...I did not see this in the 4.0 What about to use the tavern to recruit foedereti and stop high market and normal barracks in city with them?
    Last edited by Ettore; January 11, 2006 at 12:03 PM.

i think romans are just OK!!!no, they are Super....they dont need any more skinning, neither sassanids....
    barbarians need few units, and reskinning, exspecially goths!!!
    but roxoni, burgundi, alemani..and others also...
    and if you are there, you could add some new merc. units also...:-)
    and more available in one turn...please....and different from romans, cause if they are not better in some way, you wont buy merc...

thats all...i think

If you add Gloss-files to this mod, it would be great!

Some small patches that add like a 1 or 2 extra provinces/Citys/Regions etc would be cool.

Possibly maybe someone could tell me how and the steps to add citys etc. I already know how to tweak many things in RTR like merging mods, adding new character names, editing unit stats and building stats. If i could learn how to add towns it might save me time from having to merge
    Bi-warmap0.9 and IBFD4.0.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You may reskin the rest of barbarians , they look like from other planet.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

If i would have a desire free, i would wish the same as the one from the previous post: your amazing skins for all units, but it is clear it's tons of work/time, so we should wish some more little things for 4.1.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default sprites!

Matching sprites, especially for the Saxon units. Any suggestions about the best alternative from the existing BI units for the Saxon Champions?

One thing I forgot to add, AH: Nice work! The unit skins are awesome!
    Last edited by EarlofWarwick; January 11, 2006 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    After I have tried thw 4.0 i found that too little rome units are not balanced as you have always a 20 units limits so you fond you max Roman army under 2000 soldiers against abrbaric army of 3500 ( a battel with orde is 6-8000) too ehm no realistic Romans had the possibility to put abetetr army in battle but could not to have good army everywhere.
    Otehr question is this teh foederaty barracks meant lower taxes for empire ...i did not see this in the 4.0 What about to use the tavern to recruit foedereti and stop high market and normal barracks in city with them?

Why do you think 20.000 romans vs 35.000 barbarians ( I use 1:10 size ) is not realistic? Just look at articles about Strasbourg ( 12.200 romans vs 34-35.000 barbarians ) and Adrianopole ( according to Macdowall, 15.000 romans vs more than 20.000 goths )

To hire foederati in barracks is allso not so accurate. historicualy, romans allowed barbarian tribes to settle in their land, so maybe there must be special buildings, something like this -

"Foederati Camp"
    + 0.5% pop grown
    - 5% law
    - Recruit foederati Warbands

"Foederati Settlement"
    + 1% pop grown
    - 10% law
    - Recruit foederati Sword Warbands
    - Recruit foederati Spear Warbands
    - Recruit foederati Horseman

"Foederati Tribe"
    + 1.5% pop grown
    - 15% law
    - Recruit foederati Foot Nobles
    - Recruit foederati Mounted Nobles

You have to do your sprites....Please. I hate no sprites. It looks cheap.

With new new units units max army of Roman I got was a 1800 army never 2000 ... Romas mantained real possibility put more troops in same battle especially when they have ro front an Horde On Adrianople battle in my studies they were 25000 30000 with only 2000 horsemens (the hearth of teh ERE Army with most paladina troops) they attacked the Goth camp with 25-30000 warriors but after some hours they got on their side the charge of 20000 goth horsemen coming by North. ( a second army in TW system)
    On the building system only some suggestions . One of the cause the Romans wanted foderati in some regions(the most famous was the galliae provinces a hispanae ones) was the riots (Bagaudi) problems caused by too many taxes. Foederati gave more order not less ( image you how). The problems was that in foederati regions almost no tax came to the empire erarium.
    Last edited by Ettore; January 13, 2006 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla Reloaded
    Why do you think 20.000 romans vs 35.000 barbarians ( I use 1:10 size ) is not realistic? Just look at articles about Strasbourg ( 12.200 romans vs 34-35.000 barbarians ) and Adrianopole ( according to Macdowall, 15.000 romans vs more than 20.000 goths )

To hire foederati in barracks is allso not so accurate. historicualy, romans allowed barbarian tribes to settle in their land, so maybe there must be special buildings, something like this -

"Foederati Camp"
    + 0.5% pop grown
    - 5% law

"Foederati Settlement"
    + 1% pop grown
    - 10% law

"Foederati Tribe"
    + 1.5% pop grown
    - 15% law

I would suggest Laeti Hospitalitas, Gentiles Hospitalitas, and Foederati Hospitalitas respectively.

Or something to that effect.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; January 11, 2006 at 02:56 PM.

4 seasons for year mod

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla Reloaded

"Foederati Camp"
    + 0.5% pop grown
    - 5% law

"Foederati Settlement"
    + 1% pop grown
    - 10% law

"Foederati Tribe"
    + 1.5% pop grown
    - 15% law
    Great idea, Attila - I like it.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

already mentioned but a bigger map and 4 turns per year would be great. all the skins that you would want to do wouldn't be unwelcome either :wink:

Very minor, but can the popups be removed? So often they are completely wrong as after all events have changed since the history in this reality.

Are / can troops be fixed to the ownership of privinces? That would enable an empire that is on the steppes would have few infantry (they have little use on the steppes) BUT as the same power conquers other areas they would see the purpose of infantry and would then be able to build them.

ghengis Khan was renouned for his cavalry in the mongolian steppes, but when he had conquered vast swathes of China he altered his tactics and attacked Japan with an army mainly based around infantry.

Another option would be discounts if provinces were owned thus making it possible to fight the trend but would be extremely inefficient.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory_20_uk
    Very minor, but can the popups be removed? So often they are completely wrong as after all events have changed since the history in this reality.

Are / can troops be fixed to the ownership of privinces? That would enable an empire that is on the steppes would have few infantry (they have little use on the steppes) BUT as the same power conquers other areas they would see the purpose of infantry and would then be able to build them.

ghengis Khan was renouned for his cavalry in the mongolian steppes, but when he had conquered vast swathes of China he altered his tactics and attacked Japan with an army mainly based around infantry.

Another option would be discounts if provinces were owned thus making it possible to fight the trend but would be extremely inefficient.

Just a thought...
    I would remove popups if I knew how to make it.

About this idea - I think that it is not nesessary to use such a hard method. Player can decide himself which type of troops he needs at the moment. Want to fight is steppes - rise horse archers, want to fight in Italia - use infantry.

Attila
    I agree with your concept of seperate Foederati recruitment buildings and these in provinces where barbarian settlement occured historically.(e.g. the current ability to recruit germanic tribesmen in africa???)Like the idea as well of 0 turn recruitment for basic light units who resemlbe militia's if you stick to a two turn year.I like the idea of a four turn year as well, for it makes more realistic naval movement.
    As much reskinning of other units as you could manange would be excellent as your current ones are outstanding and make the mod so enjoyable to play.

I take your point that I was being overly constrictive. I like the idea re buildings in certain areas. Would these be alongside or instead of existing recruitment buildings?

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

just a reflexion, the dalmatian auxilia and the illyrian auxilia appears everywhere you can recruit it; i guess it will be better to create a hidden_resource and make them recruitabe in their native zone, like is done for equites mauri and equites parthii... don't you think so?

seems to me that the units you made - expecially the frankish - looks a bit more late respect to BI timeframe... maybe could you start your mod around 400 b.c., in a way in wich romano-british had already england... and they can be made playable?
    (a friend of mine easy reach to make RB playable and i've tested it, no crash for prolongued play).
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast