Thread: Copenhagan

Default Copenhagan

Hey guys, firstly to say I'm really enjoying the mod so far, great work

However I have encountered a possible bug. I am playing as France, and as I've already completed the French campaign in Vanilla I thought it would be fun to use a different strategy on World Domination (H/VH). Instead of concentrating on the Eastern front and taking out Austria, Prussia and eventually invading Russia whilst largely ignoring Britain, I decided on a much tougher plan. I would try and defeat Britain instead, take control of the seas and trade routes then hit the rest of the coalition.

I've concentrated on my Navy instead of my Army and trained very few new units, using my starting armies and buffer states protect my borders. However I decided to send Napoleon with a stack to attack Copenhagen, as I was given a mission promising me some Danish ships to help beat the Royal Navy if I captured the city whilst in control of the port (Aalborg). I did so, taking Oldenburg on the way and bribing the Prussians to let me pass. I then sent a unit of cavalry to occupy Aalborg whilst the rest of the army took Copenhagen. However I have been granted no ships I feel a bit let down as I wouldn't have bothered otherwise! Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

Cheers and Merry Christmas
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Default Re: Copenhagan

Which version of TROM2 are you playing? That bug is present in 1.91, but should be fixed in 2.0.

Hey, ok yeah that must be the problem I have 1.9 I think, stupid me should have made sure I was downloading the latest edition. Can I install 2.0 over the top of it?

Thanks for the help
    "There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience"

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Yes, but it won't help with the mission bug.

Not even if I start a new game?

Tokugawa Ieyasu

Then yes.

Cheers for the help, started a new game and I've taken Copenhagen and it worked

Not sure about this as a great strategy on VH as you only get 2 ships and my land forces are now stretched rather thin with Austria sending stacks through Italy but as I said before I'm trying something different and my ships in Denmark are able to prey on Swedish and Russian and stretch the Royal Navy's resources thinner, meaning my privateering sloops can raid British ports and shipping lanes easier. Meanwhile Nelson continues to chase my smaller starting fleet of frigates around the eastern med whilst being harressed by the Ottomans as well and distracting him from my building of 1st raters in Toulon.

Tokugawa Ieyasu