First of all I must say this mod is outstanding! Very excellent work. Playing with all these factions on these maps during the various time frames is a war-gamers dream come true. Right now I am playing the Mongols in the 1220 "crusades" campaign and like it very much. The attention to detail is great and the campaign works spectacularly smoothly. The unit pictures and models are also great.

Of course there are some issues, technical and game play. Many are inherited from the original game but below 2 that I think are important.

I. Pirate ships spawn in lakes!

This causes problems because you can't destroy them and they cause income loss due to destruction (500 points worth)

I understand this is typical in large mods and found this fix which uses destroy_units in the campaign script:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344341

The code added is:

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType slave
destroy_units, slave, pirate_ships
end_monitor

Basically it kills off all the pirate ships at the end of each "rebel" (slave) turn.

There are many different sub folders in this mod, so I changed the one under the folder crusades and the one under data, as well as updating the export_unit_description.txt with the attribute pirate_ships added to pirate ship. Any hints into which ones need to be changed would be helpful.

Unfortunately my old save games don't load so I will start a new campaign and keep you updated. Is it usual that changes in the script will cause the old save games to not load?

II. Mongol archers are now very weak

The power of the mongols against their foes was their use of light, fast, powerful horse archers which were quite deadly as well as their use of heavy cavalry. Unfortunately I have found that in battles the horse archers are not able to kill many enemies before they are out of ammo, even if the enemy never moves.

I noticed all units had their attacks lowered (except for spear throwers, why?) but that archers had their ammo increased. It seems that with defensive modifiers this tends to very much weaken the archers. I noticed in one battle about 8 arrows in a volley struck their targets, the hit units stumbled, then continued on their way.

I would like to raise the stats of all archers, but this is tedious in the EDU file, I noticed it was created with a tool made by BrandonM, but couldn't find a link to this tool even in the thread that describes it! Any help here would be great!

Thanks again for the great mod!