Thread: CTD every save

Default CTD every save

Everytime i try to save I get CTD
    I downloaded and installed 2 times the 0.8 mod and always got same problem . I used mof manager to put out every mod taht could conflict.
    I noted that there is not NER_Text_en.pack (english) file in downloaded folder. I use an italian version is that the problem ?
    other strange things I noted is that fire range is 85 ( so mod is installed ) but the infantry units have 400 soldiers not 320. Nnd ctd is every end turn too.
    Last edited by Ettore53; December 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Default Re: CTD every save

Well if the patch and the startpos have different language names for articles, yes it will crash when you try to save without fail every-time.

Strange thing is that CTD is only in the third Napoleon campaign not in Italian and egyptian ones. I began to suspect an EIC mod influence but i deleted their files fron data folder and Ctd continues. anyone can post and english language patch so I can try that?
    Other possibility is taht in 0.8 download NER_text-en.pack is needed and and not uploaded
    Last edited by Ettore53; December 23, 2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore53 View Post
    Strange thing is that CTD is only in the third Napoleon campaign not in Italian and egyptian ones. I began to suspect an EIC mod influence but i deleted their files fron data folder and Ctd continues. anyone can post and english language patch so I can try that?
    Other possibility is taht in 0.8 download NER_text-en.pack is needed and and not uploaded
    Nothing strange about that, they all have their own startpos. The French and Coalition games have a different startpos as well.

Actually your string descriptions been in Italian shouldn't make any difference. Basically something in the startpos and data patches is in conflict.

It's recommended to keep a vanilla copy of NTW in another folder. If you have then copy your vanilla startpos into the relevant campaign. It appears startpos of NER is still in the main campaign folder.

eur_napoleon is when you play the french and mp_eur_napoleon folder is for playing one of the coalition.

If you don't have a vanilla copy then I'd place the present NTW in another temp folder to isolate it and simply install the entire game again.

Personally I just made another NTW copy for the EIC mod and just folder flip them if I wish to change.
    Last edited by wulfgar610; December 23, 2010 at 07:36 PM.