Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boundary Dispute

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Boundary Dispute

After the creation of the counties began, poach quicly claimed large swaths of territory. About a quarter of his territory fell on about half of my land

My claims that I sent to Aanker to put on main map, since this was bad
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Poachs Initial Claim

My request

It is important to note that he will relinquish claim over both my volcano and my fort. However, that fort was constructed as a claim to the lands that make up my claim

Once I saw his claim, I constructed a fort and posted a notice that I had claimed the land already

He ignored the post and went on to construct forts, despite my pleading for him to stop until we sort it out

I made this thread so we dont clutter up the other thread.

I really would like to clear this up, especially before you build anything else

I would also like to point out that Aanker did not upload my claims immediately, but instead withheld them to try to bargain with Poach over them, unfortuantely he started with the Island (which Poach had already withdrew his claim from) and Poach took it as a sign to start building.

This needs to be sorted out ASAP

and I do not wish to relinquish lands ive been working on (albeit subterraniously) since Day one of me being on the server
    Last edited by 'Gunny; December 22, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Boundary Dispute

Theres only one way to sought out a Territorial dispute
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    Theres only one way to sought out a Territorial dispute
    Duel to the death and we toss the winner to the sharks?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

I was thinking more of all out civil war, but whatever. I'm not helping this dispute so ignore me
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    I was thinking more of all out civil war, but whatever. I'm not helping this dispute so ignore me
    that works better, that way we don't lose a member of the dwarves.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Your version of events seems somewhat skewed, but something you said lends itself to help me anyway.

1. I made my claim, in the map thread, a full 24 hours before Aanker made any claims to the lands I claimed. PvtGunny did not post a map of any sort making any claim to my land until after Aanker updated his map to clash with mine. These claims, by the Dwarves, were made 24 hours after my claims. They were also made after 2 of my 3 border forts were constructed.

2. Aanker, in the Claim Thread page 2, requested that I cede the Volcano Island as they wanted it. I agreed with no argument. Aanker then logged onto the game and requested I cede yet more of my territory, the ridgeline, which I agreed to with no argument.

Once I saw his claim, I constructed a fort and posted a notice that I had claimed the land already
    The fort he refers to:

Formidable...

From his quote, you can see he built this fort after I posted my claim to the land which was 24 hours before they claimed it.

4. I have already ceded 2 chunks of this land to PvtGunny, the two areas Aanker asked for. Despite these lands being asked for long after I claimed them and Aanker only asking for the ridgeline after we had discussed it and agreed to give them the Volcano I agreed to the surrender of both, because they had structures. The only other structures in my lands are a small segment of wall and that fort, which we have established was built after I claimed the land.

5. There is room to move south for Gunny. Jom makes no claims to land near his monastery, and has plenty of room to the west to expand himself anyway. Ferrets' claims are nowhere enar Jom's Monastery, and as such Dwarves can expand into this vacuum between the two.

Here is a map of the areas I have already agreed to cede (and yet they still demand more and more):

Northern yellow hash: The hill fort and ridgeline.

Southern yellow hash: The volcano

Note: The great majority of what Gunny has built is in the areas I have already ceded. Much of what he claims now is either empty land or land I have built on.

Red blobs: My existing outposts

Large blue blob: The area I was going to build the provincial capital on. PvtGunny has since, after this claim went up, built his fort on that site to deny it to me.

In conclusion: PvtGunny wants to evict me from land I claimed first even though I have already ceded the land he's already built on. He has violated my claim by building on land I was going to use before even bothering to claim it, and is now attempting to take land I have already built on and had extensive plans for.
    Last edited by Poach; December 22, 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Content Emeritus

It is land I have still built under
    That fort was built before the "official" dwarven claim went up
    I cite my halls (what I called tunnels before) under the land as my claim, the large fort marked that the land was my claim.
    You made a map before I did, but I was building long before you made the map. Your not the only one with plans for that region. I have been building under and around since day 1 of me being there.
    Last edited by 'Gunny; December 22, 2010 at 07:06 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I've already surrendered the areas where your major structures are present. The only major structure you have in my lands now is that fort, which you built after my claim went up and for the sole purpose of having something within my claim to mark the edge of your own.

If its worth anything for this, I was with Gunny when he started building on the first or second day and Poach's claims do seem to lie in his planned direction of expansion.

I respect Poach's claims to land, but this does seem to be an awfully expansive area for (one?) person to claim, and as Gunny is constricted by the dwarves other settlements it would be very difficult for him to expand any other direction.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    I respect Poach's claims to land, but this does seem to be an awfully expansive area for (one?) person to claim, and as Gunny is constricted by the dwarves other settlements it would be very difficult for him to expand any other direction.
    This.
    If you look at poach's latest map, his territoy is about equal in size to the dwarves, and we have 6 people... and he won't give up a small part of his land to us.
    Something's wrong here.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I made my claims based on Ferrets'. His 3 border provinces are also rather large.

Besides, it isn't the land I want to keep: the fact is no one objected to me claiming it, and now after spending a few hours building on it people are coming along, telling me I can't build here all of a sudden, and building things of their own to stop me carrying out my own plans for the area.

Really, if you'd objected when I claimed it I'd have handed it over with no argument, but Gunny shows up after I've built numerous outposts in the area and is demanding I cede areas that I've built on that he hasn't and areas neither of us have built on, and he's buildings things on sites I was going to use so I can't.

How is that any way to act? I've built there too, and I've made the claims through the relevent channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I made my claims based on Ferrets'. His 3 border provinces are also rather large.

Besides, it isn't the land I want to keep: the fact is no one objected to me claiming it, and now after spending a few hours building on it people are coming along, telling me I can't build here all of a sudden, and building things of their own to stop me carrying out my own plans for the area.

Really, if you'd objected when I claimed it I'd have handed it over with no argument, but Gunny shows up after I've built numerous outposts in the area and is demanding I cede areas that I've built on that he hasn't and areas neither of us have built on, and he's buildings things on sites I was going to use so I can't.

How is that any way to act? I've built there too, and I've made the claims through the relevent channels.
    that's because he didn't know about any of this. He was getting EOFs early yesterday, and gave up on minecraft, so he didn't see all the new stuff until he checked the minecraft forum this morning.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

He doesn't need access to Minecraft to check forums, and didn't mention it until this evening. Infact, he only bothered to mention it after he saw my structures in the area, even though he apparently sent Aanker his map earlier and knew I had also claimed it.

To be frank, I have more buildings in the claimed area than he has: his hill fort and volcano island I've already previously agreed to surrender with Aanker. Why should I give it up? Especially with the way these "negociations" have been carried out: making an agreement to surrender one bit of land, then coming back demanding more twice and building inside the land you know I've claimed in order to prevent me building on it.

I did everything in a legit manner, and waited a full day before starting any building efforts. Only after those efforts were largely complete was I challenged. I ceded everything I was challenged for, and now you come back demanding I give up a huge swathe of land I've already built on, and at the same time build on the site of my capital to sabotage my efforts.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Oh, and Gunny and Sama have continued tunneling in the area despite demanding from me that we both stop all building in the area.

Content Emeritus

You built those "numerous" forts after you knew the area was disputed
    I caught you halfway into it (I was unloading the dishwasher when you built the first half) and you continued
    And I was showing Sama my tunnels and why I had a claim, we opened up areas that I had previously cut off to show him what I had done since I arrived
    and the fort at the ithsmus was a tunnel entrance for a long time connected back to my fort on the hill
    And tbh, I had no clue where your place was until Aanker told me that my claims may make you mad, I had no clue

Please just post your claims in the claim thread, and add a note if they overlap anybody else's. I will try to arrange a mutually agreeable compromise that I will consult both of you on.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Please just post your claims in the claim thread, and add a note if they overlap anybody else's. I will try to arrange a mutually agreeable compromise that I will consult both of you on.
    I will update the dwarven claims map per pvtgunny's actual wishes. I take full responsibility for the inaccurate information first given out, and the fact that I did not know about gunny's tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

It's not a problem. If you and Poach could post the claims I will try to arbitrate, if that would be okay with everybody? Of course you are more than welcome to try to arrange something yourselves before then.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    You built those "numerous" forts after you knew the area was disputed
    BS. I built one watchtower after talking to Aanker for the second time, ceding the second piece of land, and thinking (oh how silly of me) that you'd stop asking for more and more every time. The outpost and second watchtower were built before you arrived and before you demanded I stop construction (then proceeding to open up all your old tunnels that you just said you'd sealed off...)

I caught you halfway into it (I was unloading the dishwasher when you built the first half) and you continued
    Of course I did. It's my claim, and was before you demanded I stop.

And I was showing Sama my tunnels and why I had a claim, we opened up areas that I had previously cut off to show him what I had done since I arrived
    Cut off, you say? Sounds like they were important.

and the fort at the ithsmus was a tunnel entrance for a long time connected back to my fort on the hill
    And tbh, I had no clue where your place was until Aanker told me that my claims may make you mad, I had no clue
    And? It's not my concern whether or not you know where I am, nor is it relevent.

I've seen your tunnels, I climbed your fort and went into them. They're a collection of 1x2 tunnels with no rooms or attachments of any kind. Infact their only use under my land is to link up to your fort that you built to me over in the first place. The hill fort and the ridge it is on belong to you, the volcano island belongs to you. You already have all the land you've even built on.
    Last edited by Poach; December 23, 2010 at 06:45 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Forgive the double post, this is for Ferrets' use:

The black dots are the locations of PvtGunny's constructions.

The red dots are the locations of my constructions.

The yellow hashed areas are the areas I have already ceded to Gunny, even though the negociations were carried out in a very disjointed and insulting manner: though all the relevent information is above.

As you can see, I have already ceded the land around 2 of his 3 constructions.

The third, his fort (pictured above) was built after I claimed the land for the sole purpose of denying the area to me, and was built right ontop of the site I was going to use for the provincial capital (some of which is built on the non-contested area).

The orange hash is the area Gunny demands I cede to him. I already have 1 large outpost in the area, and 1 additional hilltop watchtower. There is a small valley next to the outpost I planned to make a small village in with a road link to the capital.

The blue area is where I propose to give him: I have nothing there so I have no need to keep it, and the land to the south of that area is unclaimed for quite some distance until one reaches the vicinity of Jom's monastery. This is, I believe, the most reasonable solution: He gains his two structures in the yellow areas, I don't lose my structures in the orange areas, and he gets room to expand into. I'd also request he remove his fort on my provincial capital site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast