Thread: New Graphical errors upon installation of "Omega Drivers"

Default New Graphical errors upon installation of "Omega Drivers"

Upon having graphical problems to the point where I couldn't play on another game (the "black map" bug for Civ4 if you wanted to know), I installed new drivers ("Omega Drivers") on my aging Nvidia Geforce 420 Video card.

Well, the good news is is that Civ4 works great! :original:

The Bad news is that two new graphical errors that were not present before the installation of the "Omega Drivers" have appeared on my Rome: Total War game. :sad:

I will try to post pix ASAP, but:

ERROR 1:

The trees on the campaign map... They're like, Paper Mario 2D-flat, if you understand what I'm saying. The trees no longer dance in the wind and look all nice and 3-dimensional like they did before, they're static pictures of cartoonish trees.

ERROR 2:

Whenever it snows or there is a sandstorm, multicolored flashes dance across the battlefield. To the point where doing battle in these conditions is frustrating, as these multicolored flashes dance around VERY quickly.

Any help? And like I said, I'll post pix ASAP.
    Forum Rule 12: d onot make poszt on tyhsi forum i lanugagez othre htan englsih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~ discussion in other langu4gse iz a nissue curr3ntly Bieng reveiwEdb y the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111~~~~ this r0x0r extendz to Posts tj4t make use of s1gnigficant numbers of cryptic itnernET not4TionS or all clapital letters lololololoololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111~~~~~~ OLOLOLOLOLL..

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

I to use omega drivers and have never had any problems like this, even with Civ IV. You sure its not your video card?

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

It could be your video card or maybe a bad installation of your new drivers?

Try changing the settings in rome and on your graphics card and let us know if there are any changes at all.

Might be an idea to role back your drivers when you play rome if all else fails.

It can't be my vid card. It worked perfectly with OLDER drivers. Bad installation? Possibly, but unlikely. I remember the installation of those dirvers, and if memory serves, it went off without a hitch. No anomalies occured during the process.

I have tried a few things as to settings, but they haven't worked. Perhaps if I change my resolution, but I seriously doubt that will help.

It's not that big a deal. Within a month I'm going to have a not-brand-new-but-lightyears-better-than-my-current-vid-card Nvidia GeForce FX 5700. But nonetheless, it is an inconvenience...
    Forum Rule 12: d onot make poszt on tyhsi forum i lanugagez othre htan englsih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~ discussion in other langu4gse iz a nissue curr3ntly Bieng reveiwEdb y the staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111~~~~ this r0x0r extendz to Posts tj4t make use of s1gnigficant numbers of cryptic itnernET not4TionS or all clapital letters lololololoololo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111~~~~~~ OLOLOLOLOLL..