Thread: How to increase number of artillery in units?

Default How to increase number of artillery in units?

This is my first try of LME and I like it.
    I have only one question: how can I change number of artillery pieces to 8 for each? I used panzershreck8cannons.pack mod in Toons mod and it worked but it doesn’t with LME. Tried to do it myself by changing number of man and cannons in db/unit_stats_land_tables/LME_unit_stats_land but it didn’t do anything. Do I have to change anything else?

Default Re: How to increase number of artillery in units?

Quote Originally Posted by jjd37 View Post
    This is my first try of LME and I like it.
    I have only one question: how can I change number of artillery pieces to 8 for each? I used panzershreck8cannons.pack mod in Toons mod and it worked but it doesn’t with LME. Tried to do it myself by changing number of man and cannons in db/unit_stats_land_tables/LME_unit_stats_land but it didn’t do anything. Do I have to change anything else?
    Great you like it. You're right in changing number of men and cannons in unit_stats_land with 6 men per cannon and nothing else is necessary. However the starting units will have the default LME sizes but new recruits will have your sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Great you like it. You're right in changing number of men and cannons in unit_stats_land with 6 men per cannon and nothing else is necessary. However the starting units will have the default LME sizes but new recruits will have your sizes

No go! It just doesn’t work. I changed number of cannons and man (to 8 and 60) but it is still your original number in recruitment (6, 5, 4 or 3) and I tried with multiplier to but it just adds men and not cannons (eg. multi 2 give 72 men to 6 cannons, 60 to 5 and so on). I don’t understand it.

Original:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Changed:

No go! It just doesn’t work. I changed number of cannons and man (to 8 and 60) but it is still your original number in recruitment (6, 5, 4 or 3) and I tried with multiplier to but it just adds men and not cannons (eg. multi 2 give 72 men to 6 cannons, 60 to 5 and so on). I don’t understand it.

Original:

Changed:
    6*8=48so write 48 instead of 60 and I assume you write LME1.6a.pack instead of LME1.6.pack in your user script?

Cheers
    iutland

♔Icebear77♔'s Avatar Biarchus

If you like, i can make a mod-file for double-artillery this evening.

If you want to try it with your file, you have to copy your mod-file into your data-folder. Then start the Modmanager, marks all files you want and then start NTW via Modmanager. Sometimes it needs only a start with Modmanager to get some self-made modfiles to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    6*8=48so write 48 instead of 60 and I assume you write LME1.6a.pack instead of LME1.6.pack in your user script?

Cheers
    iutland
    I just copied numbers from panzershreck's mod (but few more men never hurt). Yes I did put LME1.6a in user script and mod works (no CTD or anything like that) but recruited units are still your original (I do know that those already on map can’t be changed).

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Icebear77♔ View Post
    If you like, i can make a mod-file for double-artillery this evening.

If you want to try it with your file, you have to copy your mod-file into your data-folder. Then start the Modmanager, marks all files you want and then start NTW via Modmanager. Sometimes it needs only a start with Modmanager to get some self-made modfiles to run.
    I would be very grateful (+rep whenever I can) if you can do mod file with few more artillery in it (I think 8 is enough double would be too much). I like to play with large artillery in stacks (after all Napoleon was artillery officer wasn’t he?).
    I didn’t make new mod file I just changed few numbers in excellent Lutland mod and save it with slightly different name: LME1.6a and it works like original (nothing is different from original like my changes are not there).

I want to change some unit related stuff so I downloaded PFM for Napoleon and opened LME1.6,
    found LME_unit_stats_land but when I click on it I get "unhandled exception has occurred".

Clicking on other files didn't cause a problem.
    Anybody seen Richie? -Detective Gino Felino.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Nose View Post
    I want to change some unit related stuff so I downloaded PFM for Napoleon and opened LME1.6,
    found LME_unit_stats_land but when I click on it I get "unhandled exception has occurred".

Probably wrong version of PFM. Right on is 1.5.9 and it can open LME_unit_stats_land without problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Nose View Post

Probably wrong version of PFM. Right on is 1.5.9 and it can open LME_unit_stats_land without problem.
    Yes it will work with PFM 1.5.9. NTW Patch 4 added an extra column in unit_stats_land related to Guerilla unit placement outside allocated pre-battle placement area (TRUE/FALSE)

Best regards
    iutland

PS. Note spelling of my username and Merry Christmas

works with me all my 6,8,9,12 pdr are 2 howitzers 1 easy, you are doing it right i dont know why it dont work?

Did you ever get this working ?

I managed to double all the artillery sizes by opening pfm 1.5.9, selecting "dme_darthmod.pack", opening db/unit_stats_land_tables/darth/unit_stats_land and manually typing in the values in the columns on the left panel.

Loading darthmod, the game CTDs after showing a loading screen when I try to load my old 40 unit campaign or even after I delete all saves and reinitialize the 40 unit save campaign through the launcher.

Closing the pfm and opening it again, renavigating to the "unit_stats_land" file, the changes are still there.

Initially after editing the values I selected file and save in the top left of the pfm program UI.

Was I supposed to extract the file and edit or something ?

Am I supposed to somehow make the DMN launcher reinitialize or reload the files ?

Thanks for any help.