View Poll Results: Which sort of music theme would you prefer for Sandstorm?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Historical (aka army marches, north african /near eastern music, etc)

175 63.18%
  • General (any music that sounds good or fits, a bit like now)

96 34.66%
  • Other (please specify)

6 2.17%
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: World War II: Sandstorm - 0.5 RELEASED!

Default Re: World War II - Submod: *New Update: 0.3*

How about to have some missions for the grand campain? I have some ideas:

Help our neiobours
    Faction: Sweden
    Mission: Ally Finland and join war against Soviet
    Reward: ???(You might think out something)
    Descrubtion: Listen up riksdags member! Our earlier enemys in Russia is attacking our neibours in Finland. If Finland falls we might become Stalin's next target. The minister and the king says that we must act quick if we want to keep the red enemies away.

Bring Hitler to a downfall
    Faction: Soviet union
    Mission: Coungquer Berlin
    Reward: DDR becomes a protector(You might change a German state)
    Desc: Listen up officer! The traitors in Germany must pay for their betray! If you attack Berlin might Hitler surrender(Commite sucide). Stalin want's him dead!

Make a dream become true
    Faction: The third reic(Germany)
    Mission: Win the war against the Soviet union
    Reward: ???
    Desc: Listen up officer! Der fürher want's the communism destroyed, crush them befor e they grows to powerfull!

Stay neutral
    Faction: Sweden
    Mission: Increase relations with Germany and Great brittain
    Reward: ???
    Desc: Listen up riksdags(Riksdagen=The swedish govument council) member!Germany has counquerd our neibours in Denmark. The state-minister and the king thinks that it might be smart to let the germans walk across Sweden to reach Norway but we don't wan't to anger the allied. Become friend with both the allied and the axis to have our liberty protected!

You could have a '' listen up...''' than a title in every line. As exempel you could use officer in every dictatorship nation, Parlamentary member in Great brittain, riksdags member in Sweden and have other govument names for other democratcy nations.
    Last edited by removeduser_23847628374234; January 14, 2011 at 03:26 PM.

Ok, nice ideas, but hold it until I get to Europe. Sandstorm is not finished yet.

Okay, by the way... If there is no turkish territory around the sandstorm campain area you can change the ottoman empire into something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    Okay, by the way... If there is no turkish territory around the sandstorm campain area you can change the ottoman empire into something else.
    I changed it into syria, more details on the preview I wrote on the second page

Added a new feature to Sandstorm Preview: Improvement, Supply and Special Unit System.

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

more detailed info about royal navy forces in the mediterranian:

battleships: 4 QE class, warspite, barham, QE and valiant. 1 nelson class battleship, nelson. hms renown(battlecruiser).
    aircraft carriers: argus, eagle, ark royal, formidable and illustrious(damaged).

destroyers: Defender, Jaguar, Decoy, Juno, Greyhound, Griffin, Jervis, Janus, Mohawk, Nubian, Hotspur, Havock, Ajax and Ilex.

cruisers: Calcutta, Carlisle, Gloucester, Orion, Hasty, Hereward, London and York.

an incomplete list.
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Excellent naval info Darkhorse and le vengur, I am going to try to implement the countries navies based on your research.
    +rep for both.

Default Re: World War II - Submod: 0.3

Announcement:

The mod now has a steam group, which can be found here. If you are interested, please join. I hope to eventually set up a multiplayer community for the mod, as I feel it lends itself quite well to large games with several people

Also, le vengur is now on the mod team as a researcher
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    Announcement:

The mod now has a steam group, which can be found here. If you are interested, please join. I hope to eventually set up a multiplayer community for the mod, as I feel it lends itself quite well to large games with several people

Also, le vengur is now on the mod team as a researcher
    even for TGW?

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Cassador de evora View Post
    even for TGW?
    I believe he means for the sub-mod

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by Cassador de evora View Post
    even for TGW?
    TGW has a steam group already, here The previous one is only for the ww2 (sub)mod.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Hello, i see that the infantry models have ot changed to ww2 style uniforms/weapons etc atm i still see TGW models is my instal or something bugged/conflict or has the mod as yet not changed these.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by optik View Post
    Hello, i see that the infantry models have ot changed to ww2 style uniforms/weapons etc atm i still see TGW models is my instal or something bugged/conflict or has the mod as yet not changed these.

thanks
    If the WWII Total War logo appears at your main menu, then the mod is working correctly.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by le vengur View Post
    more detailed info about royal navy forces in the mediterranian:

battleships: 4 QE class, warspite, barham, QE and valiant. 1 nelson class battleship, nelson. hms renown(battlecruiser).
    aircraft carriers: argus, eagle, ark royal, formidable and illustrious(damaged).

destroyers: Defender, Jaguar, Decoy, Juno, Greyhound, Griffin, Jervis, Janus, Mohawk, Nubian, Hotspur, Havock, Ajax and Ilex.

cruisers: Calcutta, Carlisle, Gloucester, Orion, Hasty, Hereward, London and York.

an incomplete list.
    Addition

The RN's 2 Terror class and 2 Roberts class Monitors were all used in the Med, 3 before 1943, with the 4th joined after. All survived the war with the exception of HMS Terror, she was sunk in Feb '41.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Addition

The RN's 2 Terror class and 2 Roberts class Monitors were all used in the Med, 3 before 1943, with the 4th joined after. All survived the war with the exception of HMS Terror, she was sunk in Feb '41.
    Thanks for this detailed information. The HMS Terror will not be included as the campaign starts at the summer of 1941.

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Not a problem

Monitors are interesting ships

The Vengur's Avatar Bloodthirsty Lunatic

how about light gunboats, remember reading somewhere about that the brittish had some of those on the Nile, possible use for sloops?
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I might have inherited the stature and alcohol consumption of our ancestors, but Vengur got the ruthless, psychopathic bloodlust.
    Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    New rule: -one player each session will be designated the "Vengur Handler". It is like a dog handler in real life but you have to also pay attention to where his weapon is pointed at all times, make sure he does not have access to a parachute while in a chopper, keep him from running into buildings which the rest of the squad is currently suppressing, etc. An AGM/ACE compatible leash has been added to VAS.

Quote Originally Posted by le vengur View Post
    how about light gunboats, remember reading somewhere about that the brittish had some of those on the Nile, possible use for sloops?
    A nice adition, oh and btw welcome to the team, I saw you are a new member of the dev forums.

the 0.3 download link has an error im sorry if this was already mentioned but im in a rush so/...... i dosent work could some1 help?

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    the 0.3 download link has an error im sorry if this was already mentioned but im in a rush so/...... i dosent work could some1 help?
    We are going to fix that ASAP.