Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release v.45 (Download) | Imperium Graecorum

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Default Re: Imperium Graecorum | Release v.45 (Download here)

Well seeing as many of the players probably dont understand the proper way of wieving a beta and except the same quality as a 1.0 release. you still got lots of "calradia" stuff in the mod but everything that isnt calradian is awesome. Particularily the city format (major and minor city)

Thank you good sir!
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

we are doing are best

question? Why is the map so big? There are only cities in like 0.2 of the map

we're planning to add more factions aand cities in the future

oh i see

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Do you plan to implement the blue and the green for the roman culture?
    It would be awesome to choose one of them, and join competitions in their name

edit: I know that they were crashed by Belisarius, but I guess these parties lived after it, no?

We've talked about it, but there doesn't seem to be much info on them after their squashing so not sure what kind of role they would have if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    We've talked about it, but there doesn't seem to be much info on them after their squashing so not sure what kind of role they would have if any.
    I think a few quests would be good.

- bashing a few green heads (dressed in blue, with a short sword during the quest)
    - special tournaments (same format as normal, but always with 2 teams - blue and green)
    - buy 10% cheaper or more expensive depending on the color of the merchant
    - gossips
    - relation increase/decrease with lords depending on their color
    - random brawls (like assasination attempt when entering the city)

Yeah, I've thrown them in as some tiny looters for the next version.

No reds any whites though, everybody hated them.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

if anyone actually knows how the games were held after the Nika riots had come and gone please do advise us.

Just ran across this today...

Heraclius had started a revolt against Phocas in 608. Under unknown circumstances both Fabia and her mother-in-law Epiphania seem to have been captured by Phocas by 610. They spent their captivity in the monastery "Nea Metanoia" (New Repentance) and were used as hostages to prevent Heraclius from besieging Constantinople.

The two women were eventually released by members of the Green faction of Byzantine chariot racing events. They were delivered to Heraclius to the island of Calonymus (now Calomio), leaving him free to launch his successful assault. The Excubitors defected to his side and thus allowed him to enter the city without serious resistance.

if anyone actually knows how the games were held after the Nika riots had come and gone please do advise us.

What I know is that the Hyppodrome in Constantinopolis was used for games and and big ceremonies until 1204, even Manuel organized his famous jousting tournements there.

It is also certain that both the greens and the blues stayed even after the Nika riots, but with their defeat at the hyppodrome, they lost their political power, became a ceremonial organization.

I also read that (dunno where ) that they fought in their respective colors during the Avar/slav and the Arab siege of Constantinopolis.

well you find the source let us know.

well you find the source let us know.
    I looked through my books and didn't find it, I _think_ I may have read it in a novel...

However, while I was looking for this, I found the green and blue mentioned in other cases:
    - Leo/Leontios used the blue mob as a backup during his coup against Justinian II (the one who lost his nose)
    - During Tiberius III's coup, the green team was helping him against Leontios

It seems that the two factions were useful for rebels/claimants, as they still had enough numbers. I didn't find any mention after Tiberius III's coup though, so it seems that they lost all their usefulness in the VIIIth century...

These two occasions were mentioned in the books of Ostrogorskij and Norwich.

Downloading ATM, looking forward to it, i saw some great pics

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    I looked through my books and didn't find it, I _think_ I may have read it in a novel...

However, while I was looking for this, I found the green and blue mentioned in other cases:
    - Leo/Leontios used the blue mob as a backup during his coup against Justinian II (the one who lost his nose)
    - During Tiberius III's coup, the green team was helping him against Leontios

It seems that the two factions were useful for rebels/claimants, as they still had enough numbers. I didn't find any mention after Tiberius III's coup though, so it seems that they lost all their usefulness in the VIIIth century...

These two occasions were mentioned in the books of Ostrogorskij and Norwich.

Great info, it gives us somewhere to start at least!

Quote Originally Posted by fast gamertag View Post
    Downloading ATM, looking forward to it, i saw some great pics

Wonderful we really appreciate feedback as development continues.

diez's Avatar Biarchus

about the teams after nika riots,afaik the teams and the tournaments were the same,but the teams lost their political power.
    anw if i install this mod,will my normal game be lost or i can have em both together?

Nope, you can have several mods installed at the same time. 16 I believe, is the limit.

Default Warning - Incompatible with 1.14xx Versions!

Just a quick warning, any users running 1.141+ versions of Warband will find this mod incompatible. We are working on porting it asap. Please keep this in mind when downloading!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast