Thread: AAR/ Fan Fiction Discussion Thread (Plans for our FFs), and for people to say their praises.

Icon2 AAR/ Fan Fiction Discussion Thread (Plans for our FFs), and for people to say their praises.

I personally find it more organized if you would say all of your feelings of everyone's latest chapters here.

---> Writers can share ideas for each other here. (I do not mean stealing them though, merely suggestions)

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default Re: AAR/ Fan Fiction Discussion Thread (Plans for our FFs), and for people to say their praises.

Let's put this to some use!

Since my re installation of my game after random CTD's, my Faustian campaign was lost..

That being said, I definently want to write an AAR in the same style as before. But what faction should I chose? And better yet, does this faction have any long term goals? I.e, Christenize the world, conquer the Vatican.. etc.?

Ideas?

Townie's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: AAR/ Fan Fiction Discussion Thread (Plans for our FFs), and for people to say their praises.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    Let's put this to some use!

Since my re installation of my game after random CTD's, my Faustian campaign was lost..

That being said, I definently want to write an AAR in the same style as before. But what faction should I chose? And better yet, does this faction have any long term goals? I.e, Christenize the world, conquer the Vatican.. etc.?

Ideas?
    Have you thought about using the Men of Wotan or Men of Valhalla, it would be interesting to see a AAR in your style using one of those two factions.

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Hmm.. that would be very interesting. I prefer the men of Wotan. What would some goals be? To erradicate Thera of the Christen vermin? Liberate my Pagan brethren? Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    Hmm.. that would be very interesting. I prefer the men of Wotan. What would some goals be? To erradicate Thera of the Christen vermin? Liberate my Pagan brethren? Etc.
    Hmmmm....
    Unite all of the Pagan's under one banner (would have to be done with ALOT of alliances) to attack the Cross and Crescent?

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Well,if you want to form an alliance with other pagans,you just have to contact Gaelics and Valhalla. Short term goal would be to push the TO out of Norselund,but they often focus on Europa,and if you're allied with the Valhalla,they usually can manage that by themselves. This gives you the opportunity to either attack Europa directly,or take the small island to the south and from there go to Tethra,helping the Gaelics against the Avalon. That would lead to an invasion of Europa as well. After that...either you're at war with the BCs,and then you can take off to Mesocala,or you may want to help the Gaelics in taking over Syrianna,as they usually at least try to get a foothold there. I think this would give you enough to do...

Their lore also says that at game start they look at the Valhalla with suspect anyway,so if you want you can just build up an empire the usual way.

I'm going to be starting a GDOD FF when V4 comes out. So expect to see at the very least a preview about a week after V4 is released.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Ive been thinking about my own FF a bit now and then- I generally lament my inability to keep that damn thing current

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Don't worry about that M_A,I for one can assure you that lacking either time,or simply inspiration,for a while is a given when writing something. You'll just wake up one day and say "Hey,I want to work on that". At least,it's always like that for me. No use trying to do it when you don't want to. If you CAN'T do it...write down your ideas on a notebook or something,for future reference. They always can come in handy.

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

By the way, what faction is in the most need of an AAR? I'm considering one eventually, but I want to know what the forum is lacking in/wants, since I don't usually have preferences on such a thing.

The Gaelics need one. That would be interesting. Also, any of the Islamic factions could use one.

I'd say to do an AAR of one of the Islamic factions, I don't think they've been done yet.

Timur Amir's Avatar Centenarius

I'll consider those suggestions, for sure, and try to get to know the mod better before I start (there's so much to it!)

also, Heart o' Madness, would you say that a vaguely similar style or intent with the last AAR would be acceptable? I like to introduce new things, as well as try new things, but I'm not sure exactly what would be best for Thera

Do whatever you think is best.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been thinking of starting a Tahar AAR, I've got a pile of screenshots, just paranoid about starting for the first time. I just wanted to ask for an opinion from the community, if it's frowned upon for people to play with a timescale mod to make it so twelve turns made it a year. I don't know if it'd be considered cheesy, I just like it because it lets me get more attached to my characters since they'll stay around longer. Just asking.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Firstly, welcome to the TWC, Yellerbelly! It's always great to see new members

Secondly, I for one would love to see it. Doesn't matter how long it takes you to finish the story or the speed of its progression, just so as long as you enjoy doing it.

Malin's Avatar Civis

I'm all for it too, the Tahar are one of my favorite factions, so an AAR would be cool about them.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

IF you have a tale to tell, write it friend. I'm sure it will be good.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Thank you for all the encouraging words! I'll try to put something up before the New Year. I want to make sure I've got enough material ahead of time that I won't get stressed/quit.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Go gor it. Tahar are quite under-represented.

As for stressing out, I've just updated my FF after nine months, so don't worry, write at your own pace, it's your story after all.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...