Thread: Blue screen of death!

Mr_Ace's Avatar Libertus

Default Blue screen of death!

Greetings,

As I was engaged in a battle against a certain enemy, the game suddenly began to freeze up then it crashed and out came the blue screen of death! All of my graphical settings are set at medium and I have 'unit shaders' selected. It was a fairly large battle, but it wasn't too huge.

Any solutions to my problem? I have a mediocre computer with an integrated graphics card, nothing flashy. But it was able to run RTW vanilla fine as well as RS I on higher graphical settings. I do hope that there is a answer to my problem... I really want to play RS II!!!!

Thanks.
    Caius Murrius Philippus - Plebian, age 30
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something"

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Blue screen of death!

Well a BSOD usually comes with an error message that indictates what is causing the error - I've seen the error show the graphics drivers a number of times.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Mr_Ace's Avatar Libertus

Well, I really wasn't paying attention to the cause of the error since I was appauled at the sudden appearance of the error alone.

Perhaps it was due to my graphics card - I'm currently using a integrated graphics card. I guess that means that I have to replace my current card.

Thanks for the assistance.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something"

Citizen

Yes, it's probably the graphics but it could be something else. As I've posted there is usually an error message which shows the dll (?) or module that has caused the problem. I think it's usually towards the bottom of the screen.

BSODs do happen for various reasons but you need to find out what they are.

I've had BSODs but they've usually just been graphic problems which were resolved by an unistall/reinstall of the drivers.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Mr_Ace's Avatar Libertus

Aye. I'll try to note down the cause of the error the next time I get the blue screen of death. Until then, I'll try to either replace my current card/drive or lower down my graphical settings.

Citizen

Well, it may not be the graphics card that is causing the problem. So, I would not replace it just yet. Certainly uninstall/reinstall the drivers.

Mr_Ace's Avatar Libertus

Blue screen of death decided to show its face yet again.

Cause of error - igxpdx32.dll

Citizen

So, it's the integrated graphics card.....

http://www.personalcomputerfixes.com...-screen-error/

RSII has better graphics than RS1 and a lot better than RTW. The only thing you can do is to lower the graphic settings - starting at vegetation. You need to work out what is important to you. When I was playing years ago with an ATI X800XT card I kept my unit scale on huge and just lowered the 'eye candy' as I preferred 'epic'......

I have the same problem too. I followed the advice that was listed on the website and now I am without a graphics card. I tried reinstalling the graphics card, and it worked. But now I can't reinstall it for some reason.

"The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."

I'm not a computer wiz, so I need help!

EDIT: I think I have Intel 82801G Integrated Graphics Chipset Family or whatever it's called.
    Last edited by goDSuXx; December 23, 2010 at 10:47 PM.