Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Ideas

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Suggestions and Ideas

Will any work be done to the battle AI to make the units keep formation? I have noticed in about 50% of battles the enemy bunches up in the middle in blocks or attempts to flank. Cavalry is used quite intelligently so far but I will be looking forward to the skirmish ability in the patch. Over all the battles are great fun.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

@Ixor_Drakar : Yes, the Medieval II AI is stupid... not bery new. Germanicu5, who is cleverer than the medieval II AI, was our AI modder, but he disappeared in sept 2010 withotu explanations from TWC, letting our AI unfinished. We will certainly try to improve the AI in future versions, but it's not a priority, because a lot of things must still be done, and because the actual team is not able to mod the AI too.

@SeniorBatavianHorse : of course, it's possible, and we want to create a similar system for recruitment. Don't forget the indian tribes ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    The med2 engine use only one type of regiment, the unit... very unhistorical, I know. So it's difficult to represent correctly the true armies organisation. And don't forget that creating new units needs to have good uniforms infos + a real need to specialize/ungeneric an already existing generic unit.
    how about just clicking (for example) 4 units of Texas infantry and grouping them. then you could play just a bit more historical. just a thought.
    also a suggestion is to have the unit information in English also.

Ryou's Avatar Biarchus

Guys I think volleys should have more damage. Right now each volley would be lucky to kill 10 men on the other side, but in the civil war "hurriceans of flame and smoke" often results from volleys. SO maybe make each unit more accurate, or have more damage or something. Great work thou!

Please leave your name when you rep me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554497
    My little English Civil War Novel;
    For King and Country

Tiro

Hey, guys love mod!

Even tho it may not have been really used on the battlefield, Id like this game to feature the gatlin gun, just for kicks! That would be so awesome

Downloaded the mod yesterday and played a couple of battles. It's fantastic. A couple of questions/suggestions have I if you don't mind:

- those Rangers remind me the Iron Brigade aka Black Hat Brigade; will you in the future implement some more important units in the game?
    - the first thing I do is to listen to music and thus far I like 3 pieces you've chosen: Menu (is it from Glory?), Victory (from Gettysburg) and Field_music_Theme5.mp3 (Glory) the rest is ok I guess but I'm not personaly a fan of songs in such games as total war; I myself have the complete Gettysburg OST and Gods and Generals OST as well so I can upload them and send you the link to it if you want (Gettysburg is in flac format but I can change it to mp3)
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Mike Simpson, Creative Director at The Creative Assembly
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

thanks, we need music for our mod, If you can give us an upload link, It could advance our work. (Private message please)
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

I'll send you the link ASAP.
    On release Quote:
    “Empire: Total War has exceeded all our expectations. It's one of those rare "great works" that the team will remember with enormous pride for the rest of their lives, and the public will remember as one of the landmark games of the decade”
    Oct 9 '09 Quote:
    "I had 6 copies of Empire: Total War sat on my shelf intended for close gamer friends that I didn’t send out because I was too embarrassed about the flaws."

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Ryou View Post
    Guys I think volleys should have more damage. Right now each volley would be lucky to kill 10 men on the other side, but in the civil war "hurriceans of flame and smoke" often results from volleys. SO maybe make each unit more accurate, or have more damage or something. Great work thou!
    I played today and each volley (from a standard frontline of 6 units) was killing upwards of 150 men
    I like pie.

Ryou's Avatar Biarchus

I have several suggestions.
    For the campaign.
    You guys probably already talked about this but the south would have very good relations with the British and French, and its farming economy is super strong. The North should have a large fleet at their disposal ready to blockade the southern ports, while its factories/markets ensure a strong economy also.
    Battle
    One thing I notice missing is the effectiveness of volleys. I talked about this before but playing European Mod for RTW I noticed their musket troops fire “body piercing ammunition” meaning each ball will pierce several man. I was very drawn to this as each volley right now kills about 10-20 men, but the true strength of fire arms is its ability to kill through the ranks. I watched a Boston massacre documentary recently and noticed one British musket ball killed 2 people and injured 2 more. No doubt muskets in the 1800s will be even stronger.
    So I decided maybe you guys could reskin the Byzantium Fire Thrower’s fire into muskets so they will pierce several men when fired. Good Luck!

Please leave your name when you rep me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554497
    My little English Civil War Novel;
    For King and Country

Foederatus

Saw a query earlier in this thread about Confederate Marines. The Confederate Marine Corps was based around the major naval areas of the Confederacy (Richmond, Norfolk (until it was recaptured by Union forces), Mobile, etc.) It mostly served to guard naval installations. Towards the end of the war the Marines in Richmond were constituted into a brigade and fought at the Battle of Sayler's Creek (so they could be used in land battles).

Also, is there a difference in morale for militia units and for regulars? If so, is it a big difference?

And how many states do you have "special" units for? (e.g., Stonewall Brigade).
    Last edited by Jon142; March 27, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

MAybe an Irish Brigade? PLease? Great Mod BTW loving it XD
    "Our people, our people. I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king."-Boromir's last words.

Is there a grand campaign being made or is this mod dead? BTW guys i have to say this mod is excellent i love it!
    "Our people, our people. I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king."-Boromir's last words.

This mod is already one of my favorites, and I have high hopes for future versions to be even better. I found this nice overview of civil war tactics that puts them into the perspective of larger developments in the 19th century. I hope it helps, as there are many misconceptions and confusions about these matters, even among historians of the US Civil War.

http://johnsmilitaryhistory.com/cwarmy.html

If you can you should make the campaign map like in Ageod's American Civil War http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5...vastartll5.jpg it would be really really good deep and interesting campaign! Good Luck with the mod!

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I think the Confederates should utilize the Kalmar Union script.
    If the CSA takes over all of the Union and kills Lincoln (or whomever is president in the campaign) They become the UCSA (United Confederate States of America)
    Union troops become available to the newly formed UCSA; with the exception of coloured troops if that's possible.
    Flag is a Confederate battle flag with the 13 stripes.

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

i remember that artillery slows your armies down when travelling on the campaign map. will this have been modified?
    will there be trains in this game?

Domesticus

Some of my suggestions and ideas:

1 - Add more units for "Unionist" and "Confederate".

Units for each state, it lacks some unity in the model (for each state infantry, infantry foreign "Irish Infantry" and "Infantry of other nationalities" etc. ...).

Even some Indian units (most of them they had the "Confederate", but also some of the "Union").

2 - How could you make that third faction of the Indians, who are in "Indian Territory" and other territories.

The faction (or factions) Indian (you can also make more than one for each "Tribe"), would be very fodamentale for the coming campaign.

It would be interesting for the "Indian Wars", to make the campaign more realistic.

If you include Cherokee you should have 2 factions of that, but it might work better as a sub faction with units of each sub faction able to recruit in Missouri for the North and Arkansas and Texas for the South. These would be units of the Cherokee nation who allied to the north or the south respectively. Indian nations to include could be the Lakota (commonly known as the Sioux but they call themselves Lakota) and Apache.

I suggest making Railroads instead of Roads. The rivers Mississippi, Ohio, and Hudson could be made wide enough for ships to reflect the use of river transport and canals.

The South should obviously, have alot of Cotton resources for merchants and plantation constructions. Though most large regions would already have sizable plantations making money for those southern states. Divide the map at least by states. With Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, and Georgia getting at least 2 regions per state if not more.

The map could go from Florida to Quebec, and from Virginia to a bit past the Mississippi. Mexico could represent the French, since the French conquered Mexico for a time during the Civil War. Late in 1861, wasn't it? Cuba and the Caribbean colonies could represent the Spanish. Canada could represent the British. So if any of those factions intervened it would come from those regions first. California could be represented by a small piece of land past the Mississippi unless you either want to exclude it, or include the whole Continental US with fewer regions west of the Mississippi.

Indian nations to include might be the Lakota (falsely called Sioux by non Lakota), Apache, and maybe Commanche?
    Last edited by Cincinatus; December 27, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Domesticus

If you want other factions such as France, England and Spain.

Better to have a map that includes all of the "North America" ​​too compressed "Mexico."

Above all you must have a complete map of the United States of America (east to west), also compressed the states and territories of the West (California, Oregon and other "Territories").

I enclose a map that could be ideal for the mod (United States of America with the boundaries to the north, with "Canada" and to the south, with "Mexico").

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast