Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Ideas

Default Re: Suggestions and Ideas

the Reiter Pistols animations looks like the camel gun animation. I want an animation where soldier fire with only one hand.

For the hat, please, look all the units and tell me those who have bad hat. For example, CSA militia have "civil hat"

The cowboy hat I have created are used for rangers and texas infantry
    In Secession CivilWar we trust

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

{I'm having problems posting pic's at the moment so that is why I'm posting links}

I think the Alabama militia imo needs some Kepis but the southern units look really good as they are and so do the northern units but I think you should just change it so the "northern" units don't have the cowboy/slouch hat. The Ranger unit I think should be changed to US Regulars Infantry and Cavalry and given Kepis and uniforms with light blue pipping for the Infantry and yellow for the Cavalry. US Regulars were career soldiers and not volunteers like most of the army would have been and it would have shown on the battlefield I can't think of any US rangers in the war the only rangers in the war were Mosby's rangers a southern Cavalry regiment

And here's a link to the Model 1839 forage cap I think it should be used for some of the militia on both sides it was still popular at the time
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Cavalry that carry carbines need skirmish mode it would be a really nice function for those units so you don't have to baby sit those units that way you can send them out to hold of the opposing army to better place your army if you need to.The mod is playing really great as is great job

Edit: Dam-it that is the first time I have ever double posted really really SORRY !
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; January 03, 2011 at 08:07 PM.

yes, I forgot the skirmish mod for the cav in EDU, but I will correct this in a future patch.

I know that my rangers units are not realistic, but I will present elite unit with a different model to not confuse with regular units, so I invent this.
    It's for gameplay...

brux7's Avatar Libertus

Excellent job! I am very pleasantly surprised! After my first tests I have only one complaint - the cursor is quite impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph_VR View Post
    I know that my rangers units are not realistic, but I will present elite unit with a different model to not confuse with regular units, so I invent this.
    It's for gameplay...

That's cool I understand, what about the Model 1839 forage cap ? and this may be random but what about Spain owning Cuba in the campaign

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

This post concerns only the battles improvement and suggestions. For the campaign, please create a new topic, because we have not begun to thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    This post concerns only the battles improvement and suggestions. For the campaign, please create a new topic, because we have not begun to thought about it.
    Very good sir I will remember that

I know you have your sources but here are some links that mite help you guy's in the future for elite units

. This is the main site link

http://www.historicalimagebank.com/g...php/v/album01/

. Union Soldiers and Regiments

http://www.historicalimagebank.com/g...bum01/album18/

.Confederate Soldiers and Regiments

http://www.historicalimagebank.com/g...bum01/album08/

Edit: Found some more stuff that mite be of some use this are pic's of the real gear from the war

http://www.historicalimagebank.com/g...bum02/album22/

Edit:2 - I've been do some testing with the Artillery and IMO the the range of the Howitzers is just a little to long, and the Explosive shells kill to many men in one hit I think it needs to be reduced by half. thanks for reading and making this mod
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; January 05, 2011 at 08:13 PM.

Ryou's Avatar Biarchus

GREAT WORK I just hope the campaigh comes out soon. Good if you guys give an estimate. Hope you guys add some more factions in the campaigh such as Indians and Eroupean powers. One thing missing in my battles are the lack of earthworks and defenses, so if you guys can skin forts into earthworks it might go really nice. Instead of troops standing on castle walls how about troops hiding behind breastworks? So in the campaigh instead of armies building forts it can be armies fortifying their positon. It’ll cost the same amount of money and act as the same things, give the army defense.

Please leave your name when you rep me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554497
    My little English Civil War Novel;
    For King and Country

I think the cavalry would look really good if you would give them Guidons/Flags like these in the future

Yes, I Know. But I have some problems to edit battle banners models.
    Maybee the third officer will have a banner like this.

In addition to regular CSA, USA and Native forces, it would be neat to see a variety of irregulars as well.

Just some ideas:
    Rangers (can hide in the open, long range, excellent morale, bonus when fighting in woods)
    Scouts
    Bushwackers

Perhaps there could be troops with a more regional theme as well.

For the naval aspect of it, I can picture wooden vessels, and eventually, ironclad style vessels.

I also wonder if there could be a possibility for railroads. I dont mean the actual construction of trains in the game, but imagine if you could build rail lines, like you would upgrade a road in previous games lie going from a dirt road to a paved road. Maybe give troops a movement bonus...

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by TheBulldog; January 09, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Rangers and bushwackers are already in the game.
    In a future campain, I think that railroad could be an upgrade for the roads. But they dont appear in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raph_VR View Post
    Yes, I Know. But I have some problems to edit battle banners models.
    Maybee the third officer will have a banner like this.

That would be nice if you could try someday thanks

I had noticed in this picture in another thread, you can see a fort in the background. I remember brainstorming a while back, about how the usefulness of forts can be increased. I was thinking of upgradable forts, but not to a point of excess. Maybe a fort could start off as a standard fort, and then upgraded to a larger fort, with improved defenses, and with more room inside and with limited building options. Maybe an improved fort could have a limited recruiting ability, but once again, not to the point of excess. Some simple troop types could be trained there, and in limited quantity. Essentially, it wouldn't have the full blown potential of a regular settlement, but it would allow for some degree of simpler recruiting. Also, it usually takes a family member to hire mercenaries. What if forts could draw in mercenaries from the area, and you could recruit them there?

Just an idea.
    Last edited by TheBulldog; January 09, 2011 at 02:59 PM.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

I think an easier way would be to use castles as forts as they would be settlements already and in strategic locations. Perhaps we should move this to a campaign thread as Nirnaeth suggested.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Quote Originally Posted by TheBulldog View Post
    I was thinking of upgradable forts, but not to a point of excess. Maybe a fort could start off as a standard fort, and then upgraded to a larger fort, with improved defenses, and with more room inside and with limited building options. Maybe an improved fort could have a limited recruiting ability, but once again, not to the point of excess. Some simple troop types could be trained there, and in limited quantity. Essentially, it wouldn't have the full blown potential of a regular settlement, but it would allow for some degree of simpler recruiting. Also, it usually takes a family member to hire mercenaries. What if forts could draw in mercenaries from the area, and you could recruit them there?
    Maybe because it's impossible.
    Modding = modifying existing features, not add them. I imagine all the modding teams would like to have more options for forts, but of course it's quite impossible. But we will try to improve the forts of the vanilla to have something more accurate with ACW.

Will there be changes for the voices, both that of troops and the narrating voice on the battlefield, to sound more American?

All in all though, I've been playing it for a while now and I think its an outstanding mod. Thank you guys for creating it. I was also pleased to see more region specific troops, instead of just having faction specific troops.

Of course, the region specific troops willc ome, but certainly with the campaign.

Concerning the sounds improvement, it's one of our priorities for the next patch. We will add sounds coming from american movies for example.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I don't know that much about the regimental recruiting structure in this period but the English Civil War mod here for MTWII has a very realistic regimental county-based recruitment structure. Would it be worth investigating it to see if it can be adapted for SCW?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast