Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I want Empire 2 Total War

Holman's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: I want Empire 2 Total War

there is no doubt we'll get R2TW but having the TW game setting around the 19th century era would be interesting. although the line firing still exist, we'll get the opportunity to use some new stuff such as the gatling gun, or the (full) ironclad ship.

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Quote Originally Posted by Holman View Post
    we'll get the opportunity to use some new stuff such as the gatling gun, or the (full) ironclad ship.
    Mmmm... Gatling gun....

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

It most likely will not be any of the following: TWSIII, TWM3, TWR2, TWE2 nor would it be TWN2. The reason: all are sequels of each other, and why would they have a sequel after one sequel, if anything they will have something new then maybe go on to TWR2.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Ugh please don't turn this into another "The next game is...."

Personally I would love for CA to remake Empire. With the experience they now have with the warscape engine, as well as the awesome amount of content S2 has (music is still crappy though) I think E2 will easily be one of the best TW games ever.

Empire 2
    1. cities not damn forts while attacking settlement
    2. more challenging AI
    3. more places to explore like Australia and a litle bit more of Asia
    4. more regions to conquer
    5. factions playable after conqering them and completing another reuquirements to make them playable

Quote Originally Posted by DeValiere View Post
    Mmmm... Gatling gun....
    try the puckle gun... it is the same basic concept, and it is pretty sweet to watch a puckle gun mow down charging cavalry, almost as sweet as watching a 24 pounder shoot canister shot into the flank of enemy line infantry...

I too think E2:TW properly done with more theaters would be the greatest TW game ever made.

Multiple theaters would be better than an all-out world map, because a bunch of ocean would be useless, most sea battles occurred near shore (within a few hundred miles at most); it would be easier for the pc to to deal with smaller theaters; and you could make the theaters different sizes and scale if you didn't want to subdivide some areas into smaller areas, etc...

Basically, it would just be the most epic game ever. someday, CA, someday...
    The law spoke too softly to be heard amidst the din of arms.
    -Plutarch

DeValiere's Avatar Biarchus
    Not sure, but there's gravity so that's a good start...

Points worth pondering indeed Argonius...

Quote Originally Posted by Argonius View Post
    Empire 2
    1. cities not damn forts while attacking settlement
    Hmm, yes... the forts get a bit tiresome don't they? But... there's a reason most major land battles of the period weren't fought inside cities... the tactics of the day made it impossible notwithstanding the more obvious issues that have always made fighting in a major town or city a very bad idea. Mind you, if CA could somehow pull it off (without bugs!) I'd love to try it once in a while.
    2. more challenging AI
    Ahem. We can but hope.
    3. more places to explore like Australia and a litle bit more of Asia
    Africa and South America would be my preference, but I'm from New Zealand, so I'll add that in, although wouldn't be exactly historically accurate in early 1700s...
    4. more regions to conquer
    The scale of ETW was part of the problem IMO. Making it bigger or more detailed (more regions within same areas) would have to be done properly, but would make it more interesting. For example, I never really like taking France in one go so splitting it up would be cool.
    5. factions playable after conqering them and completing another reuquirements to make them playable
    Yes, unlockable factions would rock.

Unit appearance need a major overhaule for EW2, cant be lazy on the "look of the era", besides the unit mods that have been created, the Vanilla units were simply emberrasing. The soldiers looked more like modern day re-enactors than men from the 18th century with there short hair and matching appearance. I would almost like the to see the developers try to capture the dramatic look of the era you see in the paintings.

What else would be great would be a volley system similar to Cossacks 2 which the players control when the voley is delivered, its a lot more micro managing but very rewarding to be able to time a volley perfectly and route a enemy unit with one well timed volley, would break the overall combat down into individually skirmishes and draw out battles lengths, would emphasis elite units more and there role in battle outcomes.

If they remade the game I would like:

More/Expanded theaters (South America (Brazil), Eastern/Northern Asia, all of North America)

Better Uniforms

More unit variety

More regions

Holman's Avatar Semisalis

this what we need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHkxU...eature=related

skip to 2:00

this is a movie about meiji restoration in japan at 1870s. and as my previous post. having a new TW set during 19th century would be very interesting
    what else could be better than samurai vs line inf

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

May I ask something? Is the new TW game going to have a new engine? Warscope engine was first used to ETW, the new shall be used to ETW 2.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    May I ask something? Is the new TW game going to have a new engine? Warscope engine was first used to ETW, the new shall be used to ETW 2.
    There is absolutely no way to find out if the next TW game will have a new engine. Much less ETW2 (if they ever make one.)

Id love to play Empire 2 total war, Empire is a fantastic game and it works great for me only problem is the AI, it could have been a little better sometimes, but besides that it works great for me atleast!

Jerrax95's Avatar Laetus

I loved the era that empire was set in, so a sequel sounds brilliant

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Guys, ETW is too recent so as to have a new ETW, I think that mods could change the units graphisms also.

ryan1266's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by LongWind View Post
    I'm hoping for Rome 2 more than anything!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't want my amazing memories of RTW trashed by a sequel! (not in any way saying that I think a sequel would be bad.... I just don't want my nostalgia for the game undo by a new one )

Empire=my personal favorite, all you haters can get out of here

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Hmm, I've logged over 800 hours on ETW. It's taken up more of my time than any of the other games and I've owned them all. It was supposed to be my favorite game of all time, I've literally wanted a game like ETW my entire life, and I saved and built a new computer out of the best PC parts I could buy at the time just for the game.

Sadly we all know that the release was horrible. I still played it, I sat through the 7 hour long turns for Sweden and the Ottomans. Usually I would hit next turn and then go run errands (I'm serious). So many game breaking bugs that they had to have known about.

I don't want an Empire 2 right now. I'm not at all satisfied with what Shogun 2 turned out to be. In fact the only reason why I bought Shogun 2 was to see if they could implement what they were supposed to implement for ETW for sieges. Instead what did we get? Same small armies even though we were promised more, same commando roping over the walls, and no staged sieges.

So clearly CA is not capable of producing what is necessary for another ETW. They need to at least triple or quadruple the unit sizes and make them functional, or at least give us more slots. They have to make forts and sieges into what they need to be. I cannot describe to you how livid I was with the sieges in ETW. The sieges need to be about digging and covering and breaking sieges. I should be able to garrison a wooden fort with fewer than 300 men and it should require triple that to cover it. If I sink all that money into building a star fort, it should literally become the crowning jewel in my empire that cannot be overlooked by my enemy. They shouldn't just be able to walk around the fort with no fear of being attacked in the flank or rear. Forts were built to control territory and protect supply lines, that's what we thought we were getting in ETW but we got..... well you know what we got.

I don't know who thought mortars should have the longest firing distance in the game, but it's pretty obvious CA spent a lot of time creating the ability to place these forts wherever you wanted, but then when they realized that these forts were impossible to take what did they do? Made the walls weak, gave everyone the ability to be a 20th century commando and then took the one artillery piece in the game that is used for blowing up forts and gave it the longest range. So really, what is the point of forts? There isn't any.

Wow, I'm ranting about a game that most fans of the series don't care about anymore, it's like it's 2009 all over again!

Basically I would be happy with a game that gives me this:

But CA isn't there yet. Better to do a new Rome, that's easier. I could be happy with an E2TW come Spring 2014. Just make sure it works, and it runs through Napoleon (possible separate campaign) and the expansion pack takes us from 1820 to 1900. Yep, I want 200 years with a giant map and all the good stuff.

Btw CA, I would gladly pay you over $100 for a game like this. You give me double the game, I pay you double the price. Deal?

I also pute over 800 hours in to ETW, I hope they wait a few years on E2TW, so i can get my real life back on track lol

I want a new ETW also but this time I want it to be way more realistic. Like say for example you attack the enemy by surpise like say they put a new feature in where there are smaler towns than the actual cities you build and there is a garrison of troops in that small town/village you can attack them by suprise like george Washington did against the Hessians.

I would love to see E2TW. I have played ETW since it first came out and joined the forums to keep up to date with the information (and gripes). It wasn't perfect and yes, it did CTD until 1.6 but now it works fine on my system. I have since downloaded DMUC and it is fantastic, arguably what ETW could/should have originally been. If they could improve the BAI and increase unit/battle sizes in E2TW it would truly be an awe inspiring game.

BTW if you haven't tried DarthMod Ultimate Commander give it a go, you can tweak turn times, arty setting etc to suit how you want to play.

I have bought and played S2TW and like it for different reasons but my mouse still clicks on Darth Vaders head to launch DMUC which I believe has much more 'replayability'.

That's my two-pence worth!
    Nice Crib!

Blenhiem Palace - Duke of Marlboroughs' pad.