Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Empire 2 Total War

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Re: I want Empire 2 Total War

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    so much wrong with the OP that i wish i could talk to him for 20 years about why ETW2 is the worst ever insult to gamers.
    Just because Empire was a bad game that doesn't mean the proposal to fix it and improve is an insult to gamers.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Just because Empire was a bad game that doesn't mean the proposal to fix it and improve is an insult to gamers.
    Exactly. CA made one bad marketing move by releasing the game too early. They had postponed its release, then they still needed more time, and they thought interest was waning. So they wanted to salvage the situation and release it.

Personally, I love Empire. It had many new features...like trade theaters, tech trees, and a large number of factions. Maybe not diverse factions, but lots of factions nonetheless.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

And different theatres of the world. Something NTW lacks.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Abspara View Post
    I don't
    /thread.

The AI cant seem to handle gun powder unless they game is just completly redone. i'd say in 5-10 years a new ETW would be good.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

CA made only one mistake... they made the scope far too large.

Many Areas to play on means many factions, means many units, means many buildings, means many techs [...] in the end it means that you have to do to many things, which means that you will come definitly under pressure by the Puplisher (4 years are already a long time for gamedevelopment) wich means that you will have to release the game in an unfinished state.

Since you want to have the game finished (more or less), you will have to cut features out (most interesting one for us - Modtools) and thogeter with a newly developed engine, all this resulted in the Game we now have.

Unstable, buggy, undetailed, boring european units, european clone armies, Turns who take years... etc

So i don't really understand the people who always want the whole world as map.

Europe + North America + northern Africa in the Main Game and the Natives and India delivered as Addons, may have worked better.

But it seams that also CA realized that "Huge" doesn't automaticly mean "the best".

Anyway, i agree with you, this century deserves it to be done right.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

I disagree, the scope wasn't the reason ETW failed. It was because they were doing such a large game on a new engine. They should have done Napoleon first then made Empire afterwards. Empire would end up like Napoleon and Napoleon wouldn't be as bad as Empire as thanks to its limited scope they'd have time to get to grips with the engine and the new features.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

The_Valiant's Avatar Semisalis

True...but Empire itself would take 4 years after Napoleon: so they would have to work on two games at once, then learn from one, make patches, redo the bad parts of the new game...and release it 1-2 years later.

Sounds like that'd be hard.
    One's back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    - The Saga of Grettir the Strong

Quote Originally Posted by eregost View Post
    I disagree, the scope wasn't the reason ETW failed. It was because they were doing such a large game on a new engine. They should have done Napoleon first then made Empire afterwards. Empire would end up like Napoleon and Napoleon wouldn't be as bad as Empire as thanks to its limited scope they'd have time to get to grips with the engine and the new features.
    Indeed I agreed somewhat but also I blame Sega for it's company culture and lack of understanding of CA's work habit plus the fact that some of the staff was missing. Had Activision still had CA I doubt we would of seen the fiasco we recently experienced

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The_Valiant View Post
    True...but Empire itself would take 4 years after Napoleon: so they would have to work on two games at once, then learn from one, make patches, redo the bad parts of the new game...and release it 1-2 years later.

Sounds like that'd be hard.
    Um no. A large part of those 4 years was creating the new engine.
    Rep me and leave your name and I promise on pain of death to rep you back!

JOIN THE RTW ALL HUMAN MULTIPLAYER HOTSEAT CAMPAIGN HERE!

there's no way they should make m2tw,s2tw,and e2tw before they make r2tw

debux's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    there's no way they should make m2tw,s2tw,and e2tw before they make r2tw
    Just a thumbs up, M2:TW is already here... someone got out of real life recently

I do get your point , although I wonder why there are people that want M3:TW, although I wouldn't mind CA to do that first if it's gonna be the same story with ETW and NTW
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

To be honest I'd be happy if they just remade Empire with the Napoleon interface. Although I'd like to see more diplomatic options (like force a nation to attempt to make peace with another nation - this would be a godsend for those of us who like Protectorates) and for the majority of the world map to be featured. I mean they missed out China and pretty much screwed Portugal and Spain by missing out on many of their Asian possessions.

If you would like me to make you a similar signature to this one, feel free to PM me.

debux's Avatar Senator

Extra diplomacy features is really missing in the series... it's the only reason that drives me to play the EU series or Civ5 even (at least allies don't backstab you there at contact)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

ETW2 would be cool... after RTW2 of course

If they learned from past mistakes, and allowed much more time to develop. It was an ambitious game that fell short of its goals, and I would also like to see it revsisited at some point. But not in the next title, or even the title after that (assuming total war will continue that far).
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

I agree. I remember counting the days before ETW came out and re-reading those interviews with all the things that were never even put in the game. It feels like I'm playing an empty shell of a great game. There's no immersion. I'd like to see them do Rome 2 first, of course, and maybe Medieval III. I think ETW was pretty rushed and CA needs to know they shouldn't feel rushed. The more work they can put into a sequel before its release, the better.

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

is CA predictable because I think rome will follow shogun 2. and then empire will follow rome becasue every body will be bored of sword and arrows.

unless they made a nother title about the new world during spanish and portugeese discovery or it might be another medievil 2 remake.

debux's Avatar Senator

You gotta think there was STW, MTW, RTW and M2TW before they got bored of swords and arrows but yeah, maybe they will do R2TW (hopefully!).

Another era they could make is around the 16-17 century, with the slow inclusion of gunpowder and their improvement during the years. Would love to replay Gustavus Adolfus' campaigns, and to combine pikes and musket efficiently (pikes sucked in ETW)

I suspect we will get medieval 3 after rome 2 me thinks

I hope ETW:2 will sort of be like what happend to medieval 2. Up to date and exciting campaign. Plus they will have the really good diplomacy system from napoleon.(seriously if they tweak it i will be very mad, disabling my potential puppet master campaign) And for gods sake make mod tools! at least a non hard coded version(with reservations mind you)

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

yea, because nothing else ever happened then the titles they already released.

I have a feeling its rome 2 next or a completly new title. hopefuly not in europe.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast