Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: I want Empire 2 Total War

Default Re: I want Empire 2 Total War

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    I vote for an Empire II consisting of:
    - A complete playable world map
    - Covering all the way up to and including the Napoleonic Wars
    Yes it would be nice to have a complete game this time around. The concepts behind Empire were good but the delivery was a complete abortion. Even with mods the holes show up even more.

I want it to be as good as Europa Universalis in scope

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    If they are going back and release anything then it should be ETW2.

But what CA should really do is to either scrap the Warscape engine and get a new one, a lot better game engine than the buggy Warscape engine IMO, or definitely fix the bugs in the Warscape engine then releasing new games. Instead of making new games without fixing the bugs in the current game engine and RTW2 is an excellent example of making a less *good* game.
    I second that. And I beg for a reasonable AI.

Quote Originally Posted by herne_the _hunter View Post
    Yes it would be nice to have a complete game this time around. The concepts behind Empire were good but the delivery was a complete abortion. Even with mods the holes show up even more.
    Yes, indeed. Perhaps the most botched up game of the TW series (admittedly, I haven't tried neither Shougun nor Warhammer) while the history offers the best opportunities for a campaing game in TW style, and almost the best opportunities for the battle. I had such big expectations and such big disappointments. It may be Empire starting in 1700, or Renaissance / New World starting in 1492, but please CA: better AI, reasonable gameplay and modability.

If I could add more to my list (back on the 1st page), I'd love for CA to expand the diplomacy component of the game. E.g. allow 3rd party negotiation between nations at war, or allow you to negotiate peace terms with everyone you're at war with at the same time, rather than the piecemeal method we have now. Even with the CAI/BAI warts, a better diplomacy game would make ETW much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    It may be Empire starting in 1700, or Renaissance / New World starting in 1492, but please CA: better AI, reasonable gameplay and modability.
    In other words, a lot better game design that needs to be tested. Also, I really doubt CA ever tested Empire before they release it in early March 2009.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

ETW should start around 1609 when the first British colonies in North America were founded.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    ETW should start around 1609 when the first British colonies in North America were founded.
    That make sense since the golden era of the pirates started in the mid 16th century (when we in Scandinavia say the 16th century it mean the actual century and not as it said overseas in the US).

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12