Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU view God?

Default How do YOU view God?

For all Christians, Jews, or Muslims:

How do you view your god? Is he a harsh ruler of the world? Is he loving and forgiving? Is he just flat out cruel? Does he cause disasters because it's fun? Is he lenient with the flawed humanity He created?

I would like to know what other people think because I'm not sure how I view God. I used to think he was loving and lenient towards people, but lately he seems to be ruling the world with an iron fist, damning people to hell for the littlest of things. I really hope he's the loving god I grew up with, but I have my doubts. What do you think?
    "Through this sign you shall conquer"

My political profile

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: How do YOU view God?

Learn to use your mind and be nice to animals.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

I'm a Christian, literally the only theologically acceptable way I can view God is as a loving, forgiving, and just God.
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggle View Post
    I'm a Christian, literally the only theologically acceptable way I can view God is as a loving, forgiving, and just God.
    you watch the news...at all? or read history books

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Kind of a jackass but not in a mean spirited way. A binge drinker, but he doesn't mix work and play. Physically fit and tan but not particularly muscular. Dark haired, starting to gray, with some game day scruff. He smokes Habanos and wears a lot of Armani. His favorite game is horse shoes and he's very good at golf. He's still upset at that guy who though humans would be "Even better than those monkeys you like so much." He's happily married but he has an eye for women less than half his age. He uses a cane more as a statement than a crutch. He plays the violin when he's sad and the piano when he's angry. When he's happy he sings to himself. He can sing all the octaves but he's most happy as a tenor. He dabbles in cocaine, doesn't use condoms and thinks they're for homosexuals whom he tolerates but doesn't care for, and he likes to play practical jokes on people. Sometimes they die, sometimes they don't. Either way it's a hoot.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    you watch the news...at all? or read history books
    Yes, and?
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggle View Post
    Yes, and?
    how could you possibly believe that your loving toothfairy is responsible for this hellhole?

Uncreated, unmanifested, unconditioned, impersonal. Read the Enneads for more.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

Distant, Disembodied, and Disinterested
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

ArkocentoArisen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just to Clarify I dont have a Religion but i am not Agnostic.....God Is what we decide him or her or it TO be.....
    Look, Some words

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    how could you possibly believe that your loving toothfairy is responsible for this hellhole?
    This hellhole is a result of mans actions, brought from free will, how in the hell could you possibly think that would pose a problem for my beliefs?
    Last edited by Viking Prince; December 21, 2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: off topic
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    ― Charlie Chaplin

This "HellHole" is Our world...and if you think mans actions are terrible why do you continue them in a such an Unjust way...God is man Man is God
    Look, Some words

Quote Originally Posted by Arkocento Prinos View Post
    This "HellHole" is Our world
    Our world in the mechanical sense or the product of our actions?
    ...and if you think mans actions are terrible why do you continue them in a such an Unjust way
    I dont, or at least I try not to.
    ...God is man Man is God
    Random gibberish is fun, I know.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Our world in the mechanical sense or the product of our actions?
    Both It was here long before and Long after Us
    I dont, or at least I try not to
    Mans Actions are as such....You see a100 dollar bill on the ground far to your right you see an old woman Being Mugged. What do you do? The Simple answer Comes from this Simple question:are you normal?
    Random gibberish is fun, I know.
    As fun as it is it makes the most sense...
    Look, Some words

Both It was here long before and Long after Us
    "Natural evil", evil as a product of the mechanical world isnt an issue, as with the concept of middle knowledge these initial conditions are in place so as to bring the most people to know and love God freely. Mans actions are already explained. Evil is in no way shape or form an argument against the existence of God.
    Mans Actions are as such....You see a100 dollar bill on the ground far to your right you see an old woman Being Mugged. What do you do? The Simple answer Comes from this Simple question:are you normal?
    Whats your point? The Christian answer is well known, I doubt your ignorant of it. All men are sinful by nature, we are all damned, without the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Yes, I do evil, and I am largely the norm in that regard. But thats my free will and God is hardly morally culpable. Therefore, no issue with the idea of an omnibenevolent God and human action [which is not good].
    As fun as it is it makes the most sense...
    In no way at all.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Couldn't have said it much better than Squiggle. Beautiful work, my friend! +rep

As you can probably guess, I share the same view of God as he does.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

"Natural evil", evil as a product of the mechanical world isnt an issue, as with the concept of middle knowledge these initial conditions are in place so as to bring the most people to know and love God freely. Mans actions are already explained. Evil is in no way shape or form an argument against the existence of God.
    So Knowing of your Own exsistence means that God Exsists as well? and if we had no Knowledge our own exsistence Both Evil and a Belief in god would not exsist?

Whats your point? The Christian answer is well known, I doubt your ignorant of it. All men are sinful by nature, we are all damned, without the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Yes, I do evil, and I am largely the norm in that regard. But thats my free will and God is hardly morally culpable. Therefore, no issue with the idea of an omnibenevolent God and human action [which is not good].
    There is no such thing as a Being with Total Exsistence we are Not Damned at all This Belief in a Hell such as the way you speak is only as old as Jesus Christ Himself....without any jesus no Christian Pov and By Extension a Either far diffrent or non existent Islamic Pov. Free will Exsist Because we Think Not Becuase some great Being [omnibenevolent or allseeing] allows it
    In no way at all.
    O Really? god was Made By man to Explain why he was here and if Man didnt think of that [IE No higher inteligence] No God it makes sense only if you dive deeper into the statement
    As you can probably guess, I share the same view of God as he does.
    I Wonder what gave me that Idea The giving of Rep or that staement....
    Look, Some words

I am Catholic, I believe/view God as pure love and loves everybody unconditionally whether they are athiest or another religion or hate God all together. God loves everyone equally and unconditionally. But if you ignore God or Gods values in life, he ignores you when you die. You don't have to be Gods faith to have God love you, just have to live his values.

Well thats my belief.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

So Knowing of your Own exsistence means that God Exsists as well? and if we had no Knowledge our own exsistence Both Evil and a Belief in god would not exsist?
    ...wha....what?
    There is no such thing as a Being with Total Exsistence we are Not Damned at all This Belief in a Hell such as the way you speak is only as old as Jesus Christ Himself....without any jesus no Christian Pov and By Extension a Either far diffrent or non existent Islamic Pov. Free will Exsist Because we Think Not Becuase some great Being [omnibenevolent or allseeing] allows it
    Random assertions laced with broken english...
    O Really? god was Made By man to Explain why he was here and if Man didnt think of that [IE No higher inteligence] No God it makes sense only if you dive deeper into the statement
    I Wonder what gave me that Idea The giving of Rep or that staement....
    more random assertions....

good debating bro.
    Last edited by Squiggle; December 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Apparently this is all PEople Understand of Me just Random Giberish thanks to Hyper typing
    To put bluntly without our minds to tell us such God does not exsist!
    Look, Some words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast