Thread: Azai: campaign report

Default Azai: campaign report

Note: My main language is not English, so maybe you will find that boring, or somewhat lacking in vocabulary. I will try to improve myself has I wrote my campaign report. There is no picture yet or screenshot, if you like what I wrote I will add some in my next “campaign Journal”. (That’s my first try to do something like this!)

My leader die in the first turn at 36 years old, that was kind of strange so I try to find a fictional reason to that and make something about it.

1525-1529
    My father, Sukemesa Azai, the old God have mercy on his soul, established the Odani Castle in 1516, in a world of chaos and conflict he was one of the great leader of our clan. In a mysterious and prophetic dream, he knew that someday a great war in Japan should be inevitable and the castle would be a great asset for our clan. 9 years have past since the Odani Castle was constructed; 3 years have passed since my father his dead, killing in a great battle against the Hosokawa Clan. It was the most difficult 3 years in my own life, the trustworthy general of my father saw me has a incapable man, and left me for joining our enemy. My whole military system was broken to dust, destroying and our spying network completely useless… Our spy was all kill, by my own order we couldn’t afford to let potentially traitor left once again our rank. Theses three years served me well, taught me the art of leadership, when the traitor general realise their mistake by joining the Hosakawa clan, it was too late, their “new clan” cut off their head and sent it to me has a gift in exchange for an act of peace treaty recommended by a letter from the shogun himself.

The shogun authority… was a powerful tool in their hands, they saw me has a potential strong enemy, in fact they know that the Azai clan is the most dangerous enemy they could face in a war. By 1525, our position in Odani Castle was no more threaten by any other clan. Our allies, Asakura clan, proved to be trustworthy again in sending another treaty to help us in the war to come. Our force was disorganized, our army defective and thus I decide to act quickly before it was too late. Reorganized a strong spy connection network and diplomatic mission, we were able to conclude an alliance with the Oda clan and their allies, the Mastudaira clan. Signing commercial treaity quickly boost our economy and without the risk of being attacked from behind , I was ready to make my first move.

Kannoji-Jo, a rebelling settlement that the Hosokawa Clan deserted long ago, has an easy target I order my foster son, Masashiro Azai, to take it from the rebel. After three week of the siege, I receive a letter that inform me of the success of his mission. This first victory boosted the moral of our troops and the economic gain was no small things, with the new acquisition of our kingdom we begin to recruit some fresh soldier and build an semi-professional army. Yumi Ashigaru and Naginata Ashigaru was the backbone of my army.

1527, our army march again once more toward the rebelling lord of Anotsu, my son was first defeated by an unpredictable ambush near the settlement and has a punishment for his careless move I order him to guard the Kannoji-Jo settlement. Happily, we lost just a few soldier, my son order the retreat when he saw the true strength of his enemy. I size this opportunity to make a move by myself, assembling the entire troop I could quickly gather; I avenge the defeat of my son and kill the bastard who was bold enough to attack him. The rebel must learn to fear the Azai Clan, and thus, they are now dead. After this battle, I lay siege on the Anotsu settlement, a battle fought with strength and courage, but our men was prepared, disciplined and right from the start ready to win!

With the annexation of Anotsu, our main power-bas is now completed, our attention is turned toward the West, and Kyoto. A war between us and the Hosakawa clan is inevitable, they expand too quickly to the south and our border will soon collapse. I, Akimasa Azai, will avenge the dead of my father and will destroy the Hosakawa Clan once and for all. We shall take Kyoto has a forward base and strike their capital from their. We are in 1529, we won’t attack until we see an opportunity, when they will left Kyoto unguarded we shall strike quickly and decisively, until then we will develop our town and prepare the army for the great war.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Zekal; December 20, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Azai: campaign report

sounds like a good start to me. I would like to here more. Definitly with some screenshots.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.

Default Re: Azai: campaign report

It is good indeed. Continue and screenshots, please