Thread: Planning on buying maybe soon, some advice?

Default Planning on buying maybe soon, some advice?

Hey guys, ive always been a fan of the eu part of the series but now im looking to get into crusader kings 2 and hearts of iron 3.

Now i know its like comparing apples to oranges but i kinda would like to get an opinion on the complexity of hoi, and about how long does it take to get the hang of it. Also a basic layout of the game and some starting advice would be nice.

Icon7 Re: Planning on buying maybe soon, some advice?

HoI3 is for quite some veerry complex. And as the new expansion get manuals about the new features but the main was never "adopted" to this new features, this also makes it not easier to get into.
    But there're very good lets play videos on you tube.
    And another good thing is, that you can set any part of the game on ai control. They do not the job better as a human, but are ok, at least you are on the same lvl as the enemy ai here then..
    So you can take only military control and let the ai do trading/research etc., that way you concentrate on as much parts as you like and take over more if you like.
    As the games you mentioned are so different you should maybe get them bot in the next sale for christmas.
    Afaik CKII is more about "dynasty management" but has tons of DLC's already.
    HoI3 is about WW2 warfare while you also can change much in diplo/spying/eco.
    Both games have also already great mods that add to the burden of what to choose.
    Last edited by Chromos; November 01, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
    Play WW-I up to the Cold War! Soon possible with the "AHOI-Mod"!
    One of the most played Mod for "Hearts of Iron 3".
    Infos around Hearts of Iron 3 and the AHOI-Mod:
    - blog -___-forum-___-facebook-___-twitter-
    Widescreen GUI Mod for Hearts of Iron 3(also for HPP/AS/RPM/BlackICE)